Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can put wheel spacers on without a level and no rubbing and if so what size???

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Depending on which wheels you have , for sure 1.5 inch spacers, maybe 1.25 inch spacers, you may have to grind the tips off the end of the studs about 1/8thinch, depend on the wheels you have

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on which wheels you have , for sure 1.5 inch spacers, maybe 1.25 inch spacers, you may have to grind the tips off the end of the studs about 1/8thinch, depend on the wheels you have
i have the 16 inch wheels. only worry is if it will cause rubbing. i read somewhere that with the 1.5 you don’t have to grind anything just wanna make sure they won’t rub without a level

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put on 2" spacers...definitely had to clear the way. But damn if the 2" doesn't look aggressive. Check my Showcase.
that’s sweet man. what size wheels and tires. i’m guessing at least 17 inch wheels. also idk if you know but would just getting wheels with a +50 offset achieve the same look as the wheel spacers or should i just stick with stock size wheels with spacers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the stock 17" 265/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac that come with the Midnight Edition. I actually didn't know anything about offset until after I purchased the spacers so I can't answer your question. My plan is to wait until these tires are worn out and then get a lift since I will need new tires for that anyways.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the stock 17" 265/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac that come with the Midnight Edition. I actually didn't know anything about offset until after I purchased the spacers so I can't answer your question. My plan is to wait until these tires are worn out and then get a lift since I will need new tires for that anyways.
alright sounds good. i got the cheap version so i got some poopy wheels but i didn’t have reason for all the fancy stuff like leather seats and stuff like that and i’m 17 and bought it myself so i wanna put some nicer wheels and some spacers on it and then be done and be happy with it. much cheaper than spending an extra 10k that i didn’t really need to spend

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Your stock wheels are a 33 offset, Majority of after market are 0 off-set, so a wheel with 0 off set will be like a 1.3 inch spacer.
There are some after market wheels with any where from 8 to 15 off-set if you do not want the tires sticking out to far

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your stock wheels are a 33 offset, Majority of after market are 0 off-set, so a wheel with 0 off set will be like a 1.3 inch spacer.
There are some after market wheels with any where from 8 to 15 off-set if you do not want the tires sticking out to far
alright so if i get some new wheels with 0 offset the wheels will already be an extra 1.5 inches out so spacers are unnecessary?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
alright so if i get some new wheels with 0 offset the wheels will already be an extra 1.5 inches out so spacers are unnecessary?
yes actually 1.3 inches but what is 2 10ths

scroll thru the wheel section or lifted truck section to maybe see some wheels on other trucks you may like. if on the What Have you Done thread...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also wondering if you even have to trim at all with the stock wt. seems like it wouldn’t be a problem but i can’t tell until i put them on

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
they may up in the front of the front wheel well, what is cal the waffle

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A lot, or what I felt was a lot...the waffle and the wheel well liner. I then pinned back the liner with zip ties.
idk if anyone even remembers this
thread but i’ll attach what i ended up doing. might end up with spacers in the long run but definitely satisfied with how it looks now removed air dam and got some new wheels from a guy for dirt cheap on facebook marketplace. overall have only put 200 into it and it looks soooo much better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts