Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only see a Black cap with Silver Bow Tie available to replace the stock gold bow tie.

Is there a silver (or brushed aluminum) cap with Black bow tie that will work on a 2017 Colorado?

If not, what paint is recommended to turn the gold to black? Also any tips on the pain application would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
You can find the caps on evil bay or you can apply a decal, also from evil bay.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I wouldn't use a Shaprie, that's ink. I would go down to your favorite parts store and get a bottle or two of touch up paint. It comes with a small brush like fingernail polish. Since they're small parts, you can mask them well and give them the Krylon touch; black with a couple of coats of clear. Let them dry for a couple of days before installation.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
A couple of people simply took theirs off, taped off the bowtie logo and spray painted them. Its fairly simple to do. You just need a steady hand with an exacto knife to cut the tape and poof, its looks totally different.

Reactions: JerryFromNY

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Midnight Edition
172 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Midnight
685 Posts
Have you put the center caps on yet? Curious if the black matches. I bought a set off ebay, not that vendor, and the shade was off so I returned them.
No. Not yet. Getting oil changed today. Gonna get my new larger tires put on next week and then put on the lug nut covers and center caps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts