Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the largest size wheel and tire I can go with out lifting my truck? and can you pls provide pics if you've done it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm curious as well about this. Currently have 255/65R17 on, hoping 275/65R17 will fit without a lift, but thinking a puck in the front might be in order. Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
If you look in the "Wheel, Tire, and Suspension" subforum, the topic is covered ad nauseam, along with a pinned post with a direct answer to your question (covers stock height too):

Then once you read the answer to the question in the above, you can proceed to the pinned gallery for your desired pics:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
If you look in the "Wheel, Tire, and Suspension" subforum, the topic is covered ad nauseam, along with a pinned post with a direct answer to your question (covers stock height too):

Then once you read the answer to the question in the above, you can proceed to the pinned gallery for your desired pics:

I take it you are "assuming" he has a 2016-2020 truck? whether or not 2wd or 4wd may not matter

there was that guy who installed some 26inch wheels with low profile tires, that would look rad on a Long bed diesel 4x4 Crew Cab
or the one who went with 15inch wheels that were 12 inches wide an had a 55ft turning radius

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts

You beat me to it:mad:

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Not trying to be a d--k, but instead of looking into "how big can I go w/o lifting" why not do the "get the tires/rims I want then appropriately lift the truck?"

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Post and run. OP hasn't been back since he posted.
I guess he doesn't want an answer, or doesn't want to do any research.

By the way,

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
By the way, Amsoil sucks.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
I'm curious as well about this. Currently have 255/65R17 on, hoping 275/65R17 will fit without a lift, but thinking a puck in the front might be in order. Good luck!!
If you want slightly bigger tires a lift is not the most important thing... Fender mods will help more, look into that on the site. I had to do both just for 275/70-17s.

I think they almost forgot our trucks were going to have tires when they designed it....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put on 275 70 R17 KO2s today, still working out some small clearance issues. I’m running Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, set to the 4th ring (1.9”). So far I’ve had to cut the plastic that stiffens the front bumper back about 2 inches. Minor rubbing during turns from the back side of the wheel well. Can keep posted as I work through the issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts