Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put together a deal for a 2022 AT4 diesel but dealers are being very cagey about giving an actual price online (I HATE walking into dealers). What should I expect? I see one dealer tacking $2000 "market adjustments" onto theirs.

I don't mind shipping--but can trucks purchased out of state be registered in California?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm getting in a week or so at msrp. Big difference from my last one I got almost 7k off sticker then.
But different times but I also only getting 4k less than I paid for mine almost 3yrs ago on trade in.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck I want is available (AT4 diesel in not-black). I am being offered $1000 more than I paid for my truck from Vroom and Carmax. Just trying to negotiate a reasonable deal given current market conditions. I HATE dealing with dealers and generally try to deal with no-haggle used places like Carmax.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Just checked my dealer again. Right now they only have 37 new vehicles of any type. Back when I bought they had more Colorados than that. They only list one Colorado and it's seemingly in transit based on the lack of pictures. $3,000 over list for a Z71 Durmax, but that's over $49,000. When I bought my LT Duramax in 2019 the contract price was under $32,000 after the various rebates and the dealer's standard discount. And picking up on my last post, I had a choice of the truck with the same options in three colors.

Edit, the markup on some of the Silverados, which is mainly what they have in stock, is huge, and the Corvettes obscene. Camaros are only 2-4k over.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The chip shortage is predicted to last into 2023, and I'm hoping to get one of the last year models with the diesel, so I don't see things changing in the market any time soon. I'm hoping to get some real world examples of what the actual OTD price is people are paying so I can better make a decision as to whether or not it's worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a Z71 about a month ago-- no clue when it will arrive-- and I found that the price varied wildly by dealer. One dealer flat out told me that the price was MSRP + $5,000.00 "Market Demand Adjustment," no haggle-- the one I went with got me in a little under MSRP, a few others were in the middle. Good luck! I'll post once I actually get my truck so people can have an idea of the turnaround time.

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
I wonder if there's a dealer that deals nationally in volume and can ship me a truck...
Laura GMC , a few years ago, guys were flying into St.Louis and dealer was picking them upp at the airport and guys drving them home.

others buy the truck and have them shipped directly to Mallet for a supercharger enhancement, then shipped to their house
but most any good dealer can do it,

check Carguru to find prices and trucks in your area

Reactions: froyofanatic

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
There are dealers who pledge to never add on or mark up over list. One of several examples in California (although with zero Colorado in stock today)
www.riovista.com
That's the problem with not reacting to the market. You see that especially in the gun and ammunition market where retailers seem to resist terminating traditional discounts. It means stuff is unavailable. The California blackouts which guilty politicians blamed on Enron were another good example of that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered a CCLB LT 4WD at end of October. No idea when it will arrive. Price was exactly the MSRP when you build it up on website. Two dealers said the same exact thing, so just went with the closest one, which is also where I've had all my maintenance done in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Just saw two 2022 WT? and a Z71 on a lot this weekend MSRP less $500 GM less $500 military if applicable. There were also some used ones but did not check prices on those. Texas

1 - 18 of 18 Posts