Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states, what the biggest tire you can run on a 18" wheel with a 2" leveling kit? I'm currently thinking 265/60/R18 but if I can do bigger I will. These are the wheel specs: 18x8.5 , Offset 33mm

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s only for those running the stock wheels.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Offset and tire diameter should be your focus, NOT wheel size. You have stock offset (33mm) meaning your tire centerline is the same as a stock wheel. Differences in wheel width don't really matter, so long as you don't run into interference with your suspension/brake components and 1/2" wider will likely not. A 33" tire with a 26" rim is still a 33" tire. Same goes for a 33" tire on a 15" rim.

Wheel diameter - doesn't matter ✓
Wheel width - do they fit without touching anything? ✓
Offset ✓
Tire Diameter - do the math for your tires and compare to those "stock wheel" guys. There are plenty of calculators and tire spec sheets online. No need to ask someone to do that for you.

Now go and post in that thread so we don't have yet another duplicate. The point of that thread was to gather all the questions and info so folks like you don't need to ask. If it is missing, start the conversation in there.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
As the title states, what the biggest tire you can run on a 18" wheel with a 2" leveling kit? I'm currently thinking 265/60/R18 but if I can do bigger I will. These are the wheel specs: 18x8.5 , Offset 33mm
Question,,,,,What wheels did you find with that offset? Is that the same as the stock offset? positive 33mm?
I'm going to guess without trimming about a 31" tire.
just plug in numbers here to find the diameter.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts