Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Canyon SLT, V6, 4X4, Longbed, Cyber Metallic Gray
309 Posts
C7
To replace my Crossfire as my daily driver.
I have 2, 2and gen dodge trucks at home.
Winter or needed bed or tow or offroad I drove my dodge.

Ended up getting a SLT longbed Canyon instead :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Corvette C8.
If I didn't live on a dirt road and need a truck to carry paddle boards, bikes, lumber, tools, etc. I'd have something that was fast and loud. But, I do live on a dirt road and need something to carry all of that stuff, so the Colorado was the only sensible choice.
No law against having a Corvette and a truck. Our other vehicles are a VW Golf R and a BMW Z4. It's only 1/2 mile to the pavement though and our gravel roads are very well maintained.

Reactions: nvblue

·
Registered
33 Posts
Probably a F150 with a regular cab and 6.5 ft box. Wife required being able to easily park in parking lots and the hospital parking garage. The FS GM trucks are too way ridiculous in size IMHO. They don't fit in both bays of my garage. I have to do a 3 point turn to park them at the shopping centers.

Reactions: Skidog

·
Registered
16 Canyon SLT, V6, 4X4, Longbed, Cyber Metallic Gray
309 Posts
No law against having a Corvette and a truck. Our other vehicles are a VW Golf R and a BMW Z4. It's only 1/2 mile to the pavement though and our gravel roads are very well maintained.
A Z4 Coupe would be nice.
The seats in c7 stingrays are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in by far, including my recliner at home lol
I was planning on c7 as DD and my dodge for winter as I was doing with my Crossfire.
Still have my Crossfire, wife said if I got a newer 4 door truck I could either wait awhile and get the C7, or I can start getting parts together and go bat s**t crazy on my crossfire, with bmw manual trans behind a m113k 55 amg pushing 600 - 650 hp in a 3,000 lbs car

Either way, I want 3 pedals :)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Probably a F150 with a regular cab and 6.5 ft box. Wife required being able to easily park in parking lots and the hospital parking garage. The FS GM trucks are too way ridiculous in size IMHO. They don't fit in both bays of my garage. I have to do a 3 point turn to park them at the shopping centers.
The full size regular cab short bed is shorter then any colorado and long bed is only 5 inches longer then a colorado crew cab

does Toyota still ship the Taco chassis, cab and bed seperately from Japan, and is assembled here to by pass the tariffs? I know they have been doing that since the 80's until 10 years or so...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Would’ve been a double cab Silverado. Got the collie because it fit in my garage better, and I didn’t need a full-size!

Reactions: bretra88 and Skidog

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'll prob get some flak for this, but when my Canyon was totaled, the replacement was between a Kia Stinger GT and the ZR2. Something about a practical twin turbo V6 AWD car with sub 5 second 0-60. Wife told me I have too many home projects to get a car, so truck it was. No regrets. Right now I'd say a Ram Rebel or the new Bronco if I didn't have the Colorado.

·
Registered
2020 Canyon LT 4WD Short Bed
2 Posts
My 2018 Silverado. The starter died a few months ago, and there were NONE in the parts system because of the COVID panicdemic. ANywhere. In the entire GM supply chain or the aftermarket - which they wouldn't have installed anyway. They couldn't tell me when they could get one, either. So my dead Silverado was literally sitting at the dealership with no end in sight.

The price was right on the Colorado, and not on a new Silverado or Sierra. Funny thing is, I'm happier with the Colorado on a day-to-day basis. It's easier to park, easier to drive overall, handles way better, and nothing I've had to carry in the bed wouldn't fit. The thing about a full-size truck is that when you need the whole bed, you have it. But when you don't need the whole bed - you still have it. Since the vast majority of my driving was with the bed empty (I just love trucks), the Colorado is a much better overall choice for me.

And of course I named the new truck Corona...:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Short Box LT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Skidog....when were you in Wolf Creek? I'm 6 mi north of Craig near the River.
I was in Wolf Creek the winter of 1996 - 97. I spent the next year in Helena before I moved back to Denver area for better pay.

I loved living in Wolf Creek. I was renting a house on the north side of the canyon near the school. We had deer visit our yard every night. On sunny days bighorn sheep would sun themselves on the rocks behind the house. One night we had a black bear outside our door. Every night we would hear noises behind the garage and we were wary of mountain lions in the area.

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Registered
17 Posts
I started by quest looking for a basic truck. It is a weekend home depot vehicle so I didn't need a lot of bells and whistles or off road capability.

The Gladiator wasn't quite out yet or might have purchased one of those and I didn't want to spend that much money.....and it would have been hard not to let my eye wander over to the Rubicon trim.

I thought I would be able to get a deal on a Nissan Frontier, but the one dealership I went to didn't try very hard hard to get my business. I didn't want a crew cab, and not sure if they didn't have one or what, but they never showed it to me. Had me test drive a used one that had obviously been a working truck and they priced it at about what I thought a new one should have cost.

I would have considered the Ridgeline, but it seemed ridiculously overpriced.

Ranger wasn't out yet. I do like turbo's.

Never made it to the Toyota dealership. I don't really care for how they look, at least all stock anyway.

Then I spotted a white Z71 online at a local dealership at a great price, and zoink. I love it, although I am desperately fighting the urge to supercharge it.

·
Registered
2020 WT 4X4 longbed
13 Posts
My 1989 Ranger 4WD club cab XLT. It still ran great, I bought it in 1995. I was looking for something a little more normal.

It was our "island truck" for about 20 years. Under 150K. I got my gas tank drilled about 2 weeks after I bought this new guy. Glad I kept the old one for a while, it took almost a month to get a new gas tank.

Gone now.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Me? I’d be all over a Honda Ridgeline!

Yes, I am a closet Ridgeline enthusiast!

Gusto!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Short Box LT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
If Chevy still made the Avalanche it would have been a hard choice. I do like the better gas mileage of the Colorado. I do miss the convenience of the utility of the Avalanche. I have seen a full size Chevy with a tonneau cover that has side angles that resemble the Av. Even the Colorado light bar resembles the side profile of the Av. RAM has bed side storage boxes just like the Av. But no one manufactures a truck with all of the utility features of an Avalanche.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We took our checkbook to Toyota Dealership. And my 2019 86, figuring on purchasing a TRD Pro. Three choices all faster quicker Deposits than my NewGuy sales guy could work. Last weeks dealership CRAZY full with young people waiting in line to spend new stimulus $$$. Chevy and GMC same same. I‘ve never seen such a run on new vehicles— nor have I ever experienced a pandemic either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
when it came to trucks I knew I wanted chevy, even if I am working at ford dealership, I always loved chevy trucks, and working at ford dealership, I basically know what is a major issue for a lot of fords, but anyways, I need a truck for my family since during that time I was battling between getting another Japanese truck(tacoma,tunda) or chevy truck(Colorado,Silverado), and my grandpa helping me look for one when he got into a serious car wreck will going to chevy dealership to see a truck I had asked him to go see. When I mean by bad was that the frontend and side got crushed, thankful my grandpa was ok, and was unscaved with just a cut on his arm from the airbag, him being 84 years old only coming out with just a scratch, his 05 chevy Silverado saved his life from that crash. So I knew from that end on I wanted a chevy truck, my mind was determined to get one about 2 months later I got my 2019 chevy truck. Funny thing was is that during time of the crash my grandpa had a driving camera and that day was the first time I have ever heard him cursed, that made me laugh so hard lol XD. On top of that two when the police officer who came on the scene tried to start up his truck and move it, it woulded start up. When I went to junkyard to get stuff out of his truck because it was totaled I wondered if it would start and it did lol XD. But through all that I wanted chevy truck, what made me choose a Chevy Colorado was that I didn't need all the room of the Chevy Silverado, but I loved the engine and towing capability of the Colorado and my grandpa loves it to, he saves it reminds him of his truck a lot, I told him when ever he needs it he can borrow it no matter what, because if his Silverado kept him during that horridness crash I know that my Colorado will do the same thing, keep me or him safe

·
Registered
73 Posts
I started preliminary shopping in 2016 thinking I'd buy in 2018 or 19. Then it was between a Taco TRD (not really a Toyoyo fan, but I was sooooo sick of the reliability issues with our Envoy I didn't want to consider anything from GM) or a Fronty P4X. The Pathfinder we had was a fantastic vehicle and the Nissans are a lot less money that the yoyos so it was likely that - until the ZR2 was launched. I don't buy first year so I waited to see how they were doing. Then I started hearing about the transmission shudders and and was leaning back to the Frontier.

Then the Bison was introduced and it was as close to "what I want" as anything being made was. The only way the Bison could be better if it was 7k towing with a V8. I waited till the trans issue seemed sorted and then went to order at Christmas - and was right pissed off when all the premium colours were restricted. Ended up with a Bison off the lot in January and may regret getting another GM but time will tell. Always been a GM guy but the build quality on the two Nissans we had (wife had a sentra, then we got a pathfinder for a family vehicle) were far superior to the GM products from the 90s and 2000s we owned. The build quality of the Colorado is great so far, will see how it ages.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts