Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Gladiator. I did a deep dive comparison between the Bison, Tacoma TRD Pro, and Gladiator Rubicon. The Tacoma was such a distant third it was almost insulting. The Gladiator didn't have a diesel, and at the time was brand spanking new and dealers were unashamedly asking full MSRP or pound sand. The Gladiator now has a diesel, and they've proven to be a bit slow to sell. I'd still buy a Bison, but the Gladiator is definitely second place.

Reactions: Skidog

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just wanted something that would tow my boat (3200 lbs dry/unloaded), fit in my garage, and get halfway decent mileage. The Colorado/Canyon was the best of the pickups IMO (certainly better than the Frontier; I've never been much of a Toyota guy, and the 2nd Gen Ridgeline is hideous and doesn't really tow that much). The only SUV that really fit the bill was the Grand Cherokee. I never even test drove one although if the Canyon/Colorado didn't exist, I probably would have. I guess at the end of the day, I trust GM more than Chrysler.

Also in 2017, there was no Gladiator or Ranger yet, although I'm not sure either once changes my thinking much.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Corvette C8.
If I didn't live on a dirt road and need a truck to carry paddle boards, bikes, lumber, tools, etc. I'd have something that was fast and loud. But, I do live on a dirt road and need something to carry all of that stuff, so the Colorado was the only sensible choice.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I still have my supercharged 08 Tacoma Sport and my DD 06 Saab 9-7x 5.3i.

I probably would have went HAM on the Tacoma if I didn't get the ZR2. Long travel, 35's, lockers, gears, LS or LT swap, to name a few off the list.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Either a Race Red Ford Raptor or Bronco Wildtrak w/Sasquatch package. I have a thing for bright red vehicles. 😎

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first choice was a GMC Sierra 2500 HD AT4, but it won't fit in the garage. Next was a Canyon Denali, but it was too far away and the dealer wasn't serious about making a deal. So I settled for a Canyon All Terrain.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
When I bought my Canyon in 2015 I was also looking at the new Ford Transit Connect van. The TCvan made a lot of sense for my needs on paper but was pretty underwhelming in person. There wasn't really anything else like the new at the time Colo/Canyon so I didn't look further once I'd seen a couple on dealer lots. If I were looking today and the twins didn't exist? A Ranger, probably. But the Ranger most likely wouldn't exist without the Colo/Canyon being available so who knows.

·
Registered
11,309 Posts
... But the Ranger most likely wouldn't exist without the Colo/Canyon being available so who knows.
Where would the market be if the Twins had not been introduced? It might be that the only mid-sized truck on the market would be the Taco, without even the mild changes that have been made to it since the introduction of the GM Twins, the Ridgeline, the Gladiator, the Ranger. It might be a very bleak landscape.

I just can't see myself in a FS truck, but that might have been the only option really out there.

Reactions: Stevef and Skidog

·
Registered
2018 2.8L Duramax ZR2
90 Posts
Was looking at Ram Rebel, Power Wagon, Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra.
A low mile diesel ZR2 showed up at my parents dealership and I drove it, gave it a few days thinking, and now I have it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like unique so probably a 08-10 sport trac Adrenalin, or a Hummer H3T.

For something cheap maybe last year of the Dakota, fully loaded.

If I had to get new probably Ranger. Tacoma is nice too but a million of them around here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I considered a Titan with the Cummins 5.0l diesel, but it couldn't be towed 4 down. Since I preferred a diesel and GM had none in the half ton models, the Colorado/Canyon was the only thing, for me, left.

When shopping in 4/19 for either one, my MT dealer had three 2018 Centennials on his lot for almost a year, so I got a great deal, and I have never looked back. Easy to set up for towing, have a hard time getting LESS than 30 mpg on the highway and a nice ride! For me it is a KEEPER!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was only looking for a mid size truck.
Nissan was definitely off the list.

Ridgeline seemed like a lot of money for a nice vehicle that was a lot less truck.
Would have needed a 2nd test drive of Taco and Ranger to decide between them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's probably going to be a Bronco for me one day, but I don't pay new car prices and don't buy first year models, which means I probably won't have one until about 2023.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2018 GMC Canyon => 2020+ Chevy Blazer
2016 Chevy Camaro SS => 2017+ Chevy Camaro ZL1

Bill

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
80 Posts
Thats a tough question. I felt the Ford Rangers were overpriced for what you got. Nissan Frontier was just bleh. Probably would have been a Taco, but it would have had to be an older one for me to get what I wanted at a good price.
I was pretty much set on a Colorado. The Canyon became and option when I couldn't find a Canyon built the way I wanted. Now I love my Canyon and prefer it over the Colorado.
I think knowing what I know now I would have gone with a Silverado if the Canyon wasn't an option, but thats a bigger truck then I really wanted.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts