Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good wiper that fits/follow our windshield well?

I hate when they chatter and streak. (This is why I don’t use rain x)

Seems the Bosch icon is popular with the Yukon crowd. But the Colorado is a different glass of course.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just picked up a set of factory OEM for my 19’ Zr2 under warranty. My other ones streaked since new. I found out they are covered under the bumper to bumper warranty until 7500 miles. The ones they replaced them with are the “upgraded” all season with the winter rubber boot. So much better no streaks yet. It seems the Colorado was the only vehicle on the lot with the low end wiper blades from factory. But I’ve use Bosch and Michelin in the past with good results. But it seems the factory Toyota’s I get seemed to last better for my 80 series.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I am only on my second pair of OE. I get them at cost and find they work the best.

Aftermarket I liked Anco wipers but they were just bought by Trico.

If you have chatter you may want to do a deep clean on the glass too with the wipers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just picked up a set of factory OEM for my 19’ Zr2 under warranty. My other ones streaked since new. I found out they are covered under the bumper to bumper warranty until 7500 miles. The ones they replaced them with are the “upgraded” all season with the winter rubber boot. So much better no streaks yet. It seems the Colorado was the only vehicle on the lot with the low end wiper blades from factory. But I’ve use Bosch and Michelin in the past with good results. But it seems the factory Toyota’s I get seemed to last better for my 80 series.
I would like to know where did you get the new OEM,or the part number,thanks

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Not sure what year the change was made, but they went back to the j-hook style at some point in the truck's history. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I don't remember the brand, but I am happy with the Autozone purchase I made a year or two ago, better than the OEM, and better than the replacements I purchased at Costco.

I actually went to Rain-X for washer solution and that seems to help. If I am driving at highway speeds, the water sheds off the windshield pretty well and I will frequently either not run the wipers, or run them on slowest intermittent so they can wipe the dirt from the road off the windshield.

But then, I haven't needed wipers for rain in well over a month, dang thing may have dry rotted and I don't even know it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not sure what year the change was made, but they went back to the j-hook style at some point in the truck's history. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I don't remember the brand, but I am happy with the Autozone purchase I made a year or two ago, better than the OEM, and better than the replacements I purchased at Costco.

I actually went to Rain-X for washer solution and that seems to help. If I am driving at highway speeds, the water sheds off the windshield pretty well and I will frequently either not run the wipers, or run them on slowest intermittent so they can wipe the dirt from the road off the windshield.

But then, I haven't needed wipers for rain in well over a month, dang thing may have dry rotted and I don't even know it.
I believe 2019 mine has the J hook.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
I believe 2019 mine has the J hook.
I am pretty sure the 2019 has j-hook, not sure on the 2017 or 2018.

Perhaps someone with a 2020 can comment here on whether GM stayed with the J-Hook in 2020.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm on my second set of factory wipers blades in my 1 year/6k of ownership. ND winters are rough on the cheap factory blades. I have had the Bosch Icon on past Subarus and really enjoyed them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Michellin and piaa sell silicone wipers.

I was able to snag a buch of 22" M silicones for $9 a piece. 18's werent on mark down.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
36 1/2 months still on originals. Will replace with factory GM. As mentioned by some other member before, if you wipe a thin coat of Aerospace 303 Protectorant on the blades, they last much longer. He said forever, but forever is a long time.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
The poster claimed to never have to replace them again. It’s on this site with a video if you can find it. I would say about a year ago.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Colorado changed wiper arms in all trucks built after 2/18

I bought my truck on feb 1 2018 so it was built with the old arms.
I think the new arms are j hook and the old are the clips.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I replaced the OEM's with rain X and they have been very good wipers on my truck, I use Rain X washer fluid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 303 Aerospace Protectant is the best. It is great for everything(except windows).
I was gifted a ton of it back in 2015. Around 10gallons of it. I used it on my boat and Trailblazer religiously.
When I sold my boat it looked better than the day I bought it. Everything was still original after 25 years and still looking great. 303 saved my boat vinyl.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts