Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Won a $500 GC from work and am trying to decide what to spend it on. I'm already running the 87 octane tune and love it. Night and day difference in the truck. My only question is what to do next? I was considering a few different things.

First was an air intake. Currently I have the stock setup with an AFE dry filter in there. Was looking at both the AFE Momentum and Airaid. Both enclosed dry flow setups. Just don't know if they're worth $300+ over what I have now.

Second was a cat-back. I don't dislike the factory exhaust. I think it actually has a fine tone. Just a little too quiet. Sad thing is, besides that $1100 GM one, I haven't heard a single system I actually liked. I was looking into the JBA system since it's stainless and 2.5" tubing. Might help with some of the drone others are complaining about. But there are no sound clips or reviews at all. The Corsa doesn't sound bad but for $350 more I don't love it.

Third was just swapping out the muffler. Was considering a 22" Magnaflow, 19" Borla, 20" Dynomax SS, or Flowmaster 50. I want just a tad louder and no rasp or in cabin drone on the highway. That's it. I don't expect it to sound like a 500 hp v8. I tuned 300+ hp V6 can sound good. I have a wife and newborn that I drive around all the time so I don't need anything obnoxious.

Would love your guy's inputs. Not necessarily looking for more HP or MPG. Just some more fun.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Won a $500 GC from work and am trying to decide what to spend it on. I'm already running the 87 octane tune and love it. Night and day difference in the truck. My only question is what to do next? I was considering a few different things.

First was an air intake. Currently I have the stock setup with an AFE dry filter in there. Was looking at both the AFE Momentum and Airaid. Both enclosed dry flow setups. Just don't know if they're worth $300+ over what I have now.

Second was a cat-back. I don't dislike the factory exhaust. I think it actually has a fine tone. Just a little too quiet. Sad thing is, besides that $1100 GM one, I haven't heard a single system I actually liked. I was looking into the JBA system since it's stainless and 2.5" tubing. Might help with some of the drone others are complaining about. But there are no sound clips or reviews at all. The Corsa doesn't sound bad but for $350 more I don't love it.

Third was just swapping out the muffler. Was considering a 22" Magnaflow, 19" Borla, 20" Dynomax SS, or Flowmaster 50. I want just a tad louder and no rasp or in cabin drone on the highway. That's it. I don't expect it to sound like a 500 hp v8. I tuned 300+ hp V6 can sound good. I have a wife and newborn that I drive around all the time so I don't need anything obnoxious.

Would love your guy's inputs. Not necessarily looking for more HP or MPG. Just some more fun.
This would be perfect - VroomBox.com :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If you're happy with the tune, offhand I'd recommend asking them what would work best in conjunction with your current tune, modified by BNR if needed. They could probably suggest the best "bang for the buck," choice...

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I would do a muffler. I put a Flowmaster super 50 on the oem pipe. Love it, Buttometer liked it ears like it. I don't think you would see much from a cai, you already have a better filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.