Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm picking up my '18 Canyon with the diesel and plan to install the lift myself this Saturday and run to Discount for some 33s as well.

I'd really like to have my speedo be correct.

I'll 100% be utilizing the GDE tune as soon as it's available. GDE says that the speedo adjustment resides in another computer, like a dash specific computer (or something) and that their tune will have no effect on any speedo adjustment. However I assume if I use some other tuner this will lock up my ECU preventing GDEs tune from taking?

Can someone advise me on the most cost effective and simplest way to have my speedo on my new truck read correctly moving forward? People claim the dealership can do it, but that none of them can figure out the procedure. But this still sounds like the best way. Any other easy options?

Thanks

Reactions: wondergeek

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've never put larger overall diameter tires on a Chevy but I did it on plenty of Dodge trucks and the dealer was always happy to tweak the number. It's easy and only takes a couple minutes. I'd be shocked if Chevy had trouble with this. And I'd also be hunting for a better dealership. I'd get that fixed before applying an aftermarket tune, but the good tuners give you a way to switch between stock and aftermarket tunes specifically for the purpose of going to the dealer. (On my wife's Solstice GXP, the cruise control on/off button switches the Trifecta tune on the fly. Pretty sweet.)

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's changeable in the ECU like it always has been. Anyone with HPtuners or EFIlive should be able to do it. If you know someone with one of those, they will probably do it for you for just the cost of a license. $100 with HPT and $125 with EFIlive.

As long as they are modifying YOUR tune, having this fixed before they do their tune will carry the change over into their tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've never put larger overall diameter tires on a Chevy but I did it on plenty of Dodge trucks and the dealer was always happy to tweak the number. It's easy and only takes a couple minutes. I'd be shocked if Chevy had trouble with this. And I'd also be hunting for a better dealership. I'd get that fixed before applying an aftermarket tune, but the good tuners give you a way to switch between stock and aftermarket tunes specifically for the purpose of going to the dealer. (On my wife's Solstice GXP, the cruise control on/off button switches the Trifecta tune on the fly. Pretty sweet.)
My dealer told me they couldn't adjust my speedometer for the 265's on my truck. I have no idea whether it's actually something they can adjust or not, but they were pretty adamant that they couldn't do it for me.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sounds like the dealers are actually saying, "GM attorneys won't let us..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.