Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that Colorado/Canyon, Nissan and Toyota trucks have a larger diameter hub than standard 6 lug trucks. Is this true? What is the diameter? I'm looking to order custom wheels.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Your right Ranger. It is 100mm or 3.937". I bored my wheels to 3.937" and they fit perfect. There also needs to be an 1/8th inch chamfer around the bore.

·
Registered
237 Posts
AdamB said:
Your right Ranger. It is 100mm or 3.937". I bored my wheels to 3.937" and they fit perfect. There also needs to be an 1/8th inch chamfer around the bore.
Which wheels did you get?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was just at the wheel shop yesterday, I was planning on doing these rims, which I was originally told I could do:

But now I figured out that the offset is 0. So a lowered truck with a wheel size of 20x9 w/ 0 offset is not gonna work. After spending 2 hours trying to find a rim I liked at the shop yesterday, I decided I'm just gonna get a Silverado rim and bore the hub from 78mm (I believe that's the size) to 100mm. Now I just need to find a shop that can do it for me.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
brent,
we use a machine shop just south of portland for our excavation equipt, im going to call them tommarow and see if they will do this type of thing. I will let u know if you are still interested.. i know this post is old but let me know...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yeah, sort of an old thread but it might still be relevant. My original Panther Catalysts didn't work... Those are the ones pictured above. So then I was going to buy Lexani Firestars setup for a Silverado and just bore them out. That same week I came across the wheels I have sitting in my bedroom - Falken Spines. I ordered them w/ a 100mm hub. According to Lorado, he has the same wheels and sez Falken does not make a wheel that is a direct fit for our trucks. He had to get his machined. So I don't know if that's the route I'm gonna have to go or not. It would be as easy as me going outside, jacking up my truck and putting one of the wheels on to try it. I've been too lazy lately and it's been too wet/cold in my garage for me to get up the ambition to do that. But if it doesn't fit, I might just bring those wheels back (3/4 still in box) and order some Firestars (The new ones w/ the black on them). Find out for me Blake and msg me or call me when you find out if they'll machine wheels.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
So a wheel that has a 106.2 will work right?
You want 100 mm precisely. You want the wheel to be mounted Hub Centric meaning trued up on the hub. With 106.2 it will go on but the wheel will only run as true as the lug pattern. Not a good situation. You really need to shoot for the 100 mm hub bore. The wheel bore is the main alignment point fo the wheel mounting.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I've been using 108mm hub bore wheels on my 2011 for 8 years... no issues. Just use the proper lighting nuts
Yes when you buy aftermarket wheels, they are universal fit, but the purpose of the center bore is for alignment. I will argue that as long as you want to,

·
Registered
168 Posts
When using aftermarket wheels with larger bore diameters you install hub adapters to make them hub-centric. I have used the ones made by Gorilla.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Yes, you are correct, but I am arguing the fact that people are installing wheels with a larger center bore WITHOUT hub adapters, as posted above. Not a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
5,300 Posts
Lightning nuts?? Lol autocorrect went wild with that one, ha ha

Who is arguing? Just stating my experience. Cant use hub rings with certain types of center caps anyway.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Just stating that it is not recommended to use a wheel that cannot be hub centric due to the enlarged hole in the rim. As moderator, you should not be telling people that this is acceptable for safety reasons, even though you are doing it. Basically you are saying to people to go out and buy wheels that do not fit the hub.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts