Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What is slot in dash for?

144K views 92 replies 74 participants last post by  tmilziii 
#1 · (Edited)
Keep seeing this slot in the dash on both twins but nothing in the manual says what it's purpose is. Anybody know? Thanks.

Hal_Amour answered it 03-26-2015, 12:38 AM !!

According to GM it is a Toll Card Holder, here is a picture, Note: no wires or connectors behind it ........

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Mark3.6 and ejrado
#10 ·
It's for the built-in ATM, duh!

Reactions: doug5336
#13 ·
i also noticed this slot when i was with salesman and i inquired about it, but he had no clue, neither did manual, i shined light into it, to check for card reader head, but its just a spring loaded plastic finger right in the center at the back, so i can only assume a card holder.

#20 ·
I saw it during my test drive as well and asked the sales guy and he said it wasn't really a slot, just there for looks to break up the panel. Not sure he was right, as it really looked like something could go in there.

I like the idea of it being a card holder as in the photo linked above.

#23 ·
That's what is making me want to buy a Colorado/Canyon. Really GM??? For some that may be handy but I bet for the most, this is stupid. I hope the y put a trailer brake controller in that spot for the upcoming year. Please ell me you guys are joking about that being a card/badge holder?

#44 · (Edited)
New-Fangled Technology.

I bet for the most, this is stupid.....Please ell me you guys are joking about that being a card/badge holder?

Funny, with all the threads I have seen people losing it over having a coin holder, this card holder seems so much more....."2015-ish" in technology. I would be using a toll, gas, credit, business card holder way more than a coin holders. Since parking meters take cards now.

I am sure it didn't cost me $100 bucks for the add on, and the space would go to waste anyway, it seems like as good as any gadget.