Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a black 17 ZR2, local dealer in stl has dropped price for labor day sale.
it is rated like 16/18, what do you guys get on the highway?
I drive to Colorado/Kansas and 200 miles each way too hunt on weekends,

My 11 Canyon gets about 20ish, 16 around town. would get better if i did not have a 3inch lift and 33inch tires..

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
My friends new ZR2 with the diesel is averaging 26mpg. It gets over 30 hwy.
So far he is really loving the truck, says he gets 8mpg better than his 2016 V6 Colorado Z71 driving the same style and roads.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im lucky if i get 300 miles out of a tank haha. V6 with almost 5000 miles.
That does not tell me anything, in town? to and from work? Cruising the strip at night? Highway at 70 or 90mph?

I get maybe 250miles on my 11 Canyon on a good day in town and highway

·
Registered
4 Posts
That does not tell me anything, in town? to and from work? Cruising the strip at night? Highway at 70 or 90mph?

I get maybe 250miles on my 11 Canyon on a good day in town and highway

Thats driving on the highway, on the streets, doing 65, doing 90, while in 4x4. I seem to literally be only be getting 275-300 miles a tank in all driving conditions.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'd also like to know what people are getting with the gasser. The rated MPG of the ZR2 is one of the things I consider a negative, but I've heard people are getting better than rated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I average anywhere from 17-19mpg with a best of 21mpg depending on how I'm driving with an even mixture of city/highway during my daily commute. I also used to have somewhat of a heavy foot but I've been pretty lax in my driving style as of late. This is with consistently refueling at BP with 87 Octane, having a 70mph speed limit on the highway, and local speed limits ranging from 35mph, 45mph, and 55mph.

Side note; I drove 4 hours to my brother's place in Chicago and averaged about 22mpg on the highway. I'll check when I leave for home and update my post with a more accurate number if I can!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Best I have got is 23.4 going over a 5500ft pass. In town I get 12-17 depending on how I drive. I think the truck is capable of 26+ on level freeway.

Reactions: nvblue and Hunter62

·
Registered
38 Posts
So far the best I've been able to manage on a highway trip was 22mpg. With a very short commute to work everyday I'm hovering around 15mpg most days. Total combined is somewhere around 17mpg.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a V6 ZR2 with about 2700 miles on it. I drove from Las Vegas to Montana last week and averaged 19.0MPG over the 770 mile trip. Most of that distance was done with the cruise set at 82MPH thanks to the 80MPH speed limits in UT, ID, and MT. I've found I'm able to get closer to 21MPG doing 75 and it jumps up to around 23-24MPG at 70.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have filled mine up 3 times since I bought it. It was used when I bought it so already broke in, but according to the computer in truck I have averaged mid 19's for each of those three tanks. This is a roughly equal mix of highway and city driving that's 87 octane not very heavy footed. Seems decent to me for a gas truck with any towing capacity.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks for the numbers. Those are very encouraging numbers. My Tacoma averages 17-18 in mixed driving and I didn't want to go backwards to the 16MPG posted on the ZR2 window sticker.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.