Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#20,241 ·
No worries. It's all prep right now, but it will distribute power to all lights and accessories added in the future. Each of those numbered switch wires corresponds to a button in the cab. Each button can be electronically amp controlled and additionally acts like an electronic circuit breaker if that amperage is exceeded. The Blue Sea Systems is an additional fuseblock for power hungry devices (like a dual ARB) that exceeds the max amperage allowed by the SwitchPros. So the SwitchPros will control the trigger wire, and the actual power will flow through a 50A fuse on the fuseblock (physical fuse, unlike the electronic circuit breakers of the SP9100)

View attachment 405345

I have a planned use for each of them. Some people prefer to install the devices first, and then the controller, but after going that route on my Jeep, I didn't like the rats nest it created and wanted to install the controller first this time, and then wire everything to that.

View attachment 405346
Nothing hooked up. Inverter is on the brown santa truck right meow for install this week. Also running RG58A/U RF cables for future antenna/radio installs, since I'm already going to drill through the firewall at the clutch knockout.

View attachment 405347
You're putting lockers in your truck? Cool!

#20,243 ·
Quick day trip through the mountains south east of Kingman, AZ. Checked out the Gold King Mansion. Trails were super fun with some technical spots. Lots of flexy spots and some decent rock crawling. Even scraped a few times, taking a couple of the optional "Pro Lines".

I'm sad to announce that the truck still sucks balls in 4LO, from a stop, even with the 4.56 gears. I got into a spot where I needed the truck to climb straight up about 2ft. Foot went to the floor and she didn't move an inch. I fkn hate the damn 4Lo tune in this thing. I managed to get her moving by bumping into the climb, but still... a 57:1 final ratio in first gear/4LO should easily roast all four tires when you floor it. I literally had zero power with my foot to the floor. I could probably have made the crawl in 4HI, as it doesn't reduce power, but didn't think about trying till after we were back on pavement. Much disappoint. I need to figure out how to shift into 4LO without the truck knowing, and subsequently be able to engage the front locker as well, since it's a 4LO feature. I'll take a quick DTC code over zero power any day.

Here's the single pic I took today.

View attachment 405290
I want to go there with my camera!

#20,250 ·
New suspension and tire set up. Icon stage 3 front and rear. Add a leaf + custom fabed 1 inch lift shackles. 255/85/16 toyo open country's with 1.5" BORA spacers. Really happy with the way this project turned out. Perfect ride height for me with the icons at 3 inch lift with minimal fender trimming and no exhaust pipe obstruction with the 1 inch shackles. Maxed out springs are a bit stiff, but with the 85 side walls I am able to air down quite a bit to soak up some of the harshness.

#20,251 ·
New suspension and tire set up. Icon stage 3 front and rear. Add a leaf + custom fabed 1 inch lift shackles. 255/85/16 toyo open country's with 1.5" BORA spacers. Really happy with the way this project turned out. Perfect ride height for me with the icons at 3 inch lift with minimal fender trimming and no exhaust pipe obstruction with the 1 inch shackles. Maxed out springs are a bit stiff, but with the 85 side walls I am able to air down quite a bit to soak up some of the harshness.
View attachment 405487 View attachment 405488 View attachment 405489
Man those 16” wheels look goooood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20,254 ·
I want to go there with my camera!
We came through from the west side of the Hualapai Mountain and passed through the Hualapai Mountain Park Campground, and out through the 157 to the 129, then south to Moss Wash. The views up past the Campground are awesome, as are the views on the south end of the 129, as you approach HWY93. BTW, this is for Moss Wash that leads to Gold King Mansion in Kingman, AZ. I would probably suggest you approach the Mansion directly from the East side, off trail 129. There were a couple of jeeps that did a loop that finished off at the Mansion and they were over it.

Moss Wash is a decently rough trail, so don't go alone. Don't think you could get stuck, but there is plenty of opportunity to take underbody damage if you pick the wrong line. Lots of overgrowth too, so pin-striping WILL happen. There are also a fair amount of very cross axle'd portions, so approach angle and flex could be an issue for a stock truck. I dont really remember where it was, but my friend who never uses his locker, turned his on, as did I.

#20,257 ·
Removed catch can for a smog check...
Think it would cause it to fail?

I finally have my first smog coming up in July. Hoping S&B gets their CARB certification so I dont have to remove it but wondering if I need to plan ahead and order a replacement PCV hose since I cut mine for the ends for my catchcan

#20,258 ·

I finally have my first smog coming up in July. Hoping S&B gets their CARB certification so I dont have to remove it but wondering if I need to plan ahead and order a replacement PCV hose since I cut mine for the ends for my catchcan
Answer: Unfortunately, installing an oil catch can will cause your vehicle to fail the smog inspection. ... The oil catch can is placed before the PCV valve and used to prevent crankcase oil from entering the intake manifold. This is helpful as it lessens carbon buildup on the intake valves.Aug 21, 2017

Can I Install an Oil Catch Can and Pass Smog?.

Reactions: spoonman
#20,259 ·

most definitely will fail smog. It will fail the visual inspection

#20,260 · (Edited)
Swapped out the OEM steps i had on before for some zr2 sliders. Installed on a long bed but im just a poser so im not worried about them being short.

Makes the truck look taller. And now i wont get annoyed with my leg rubbing the step when I get out.

Also ordered an OEM PCV hose given the info I learned 2 posts before this one :D