Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#18,783 ·
The worst part about this forum is seeing all the awesome mods and then finding out how much more it costs in Canadian dollars. The salt in the wound is always the shipping - that's if they ship across the border. My kids have stopped asking me why I'm always teary-eyed!

@canuuk01 did you think about just switching your gold bowtie to a more subtle black one? I was able to get a free black bowtie for my grill at the dealership. They just toss them out if they take them off another vehicle. I was planning to put the black on the front and just take the gold off the back. Just a thought.
I understand your pain. Though I live in Michigan, I spent a few weeks working in Toronto and understand the double whammy you go through with higher import prices and weakened Loonies. One example I found really left me scratching my head. In a large bookstore near the Eaton Center, I found a book printed in Great Britain. It had two prices, one for Canadian and one for US, and the Canadian price was higher! I would have thought coming from the Queen, they would have given you a break or at least made the price the same, but even they were out to screw you.

I asked one business man if he could explain the GST, back soon after it was enacted. He looked me in the eye and said if anyone understood it, he had yet to meet them.

When my wife and I drove to Alaska, we took the Alcan Highway through Canada. Some of the most beautiful country in the world is in BC. Along the way, I watched as diesel fuel prices steadily climbed from what I had been paying at home: $2.86 a gallon to just a few hundred miles from the Alaskan boarder where it was the equivalent of $5.28 a gallon (after converting liters to gallons and Canadian currency to US dollars). The first town we came to after crossing into Alaska had diesel for the exact same price I had paid at home - $2.86!

One additional comment. Living in Michigan, we see a lot of Canadian plates at our shopping malls to take advantage of lower prices and hospitals (where you don't have to wait months to see a doctor or get a needed operation), but since the Covid pandemic, non-essential traffic has ceased so you guys are getting screwed again.

So yes, I understand your plight and feel for you!

#18,784 ·
Finished my bed lighting. (Tonneau is still on here.)

#18,787 ·
The worst part about this forum is seeing all the awesome mods and then finding out how much more it costs in Canadian dollars. The salt in the wound is always the shipping - that's if they ship across the border. My kids have stopped asking me why I'm always teary-eyed!

@canuuk01 did you think about just switching your gold bowtie to a more subtle black one? I was able to get a free black bowtie for my grill at the dealership. They just toss them out if they take them off another vehicle. I was planning to put the black on the front and just take the gold off the back. Just a thought.
Earlier this year I found some black pre-cut bowtie tape on E-bay. I liked the change but it's not enough. Having almost all of the front grill black, and then see the chrome outline of the bowtie is what bothers me. I don't know how to "plasti-dip" but if there are blow-tie's already fully black, then that's what I need to be looking for. After years of owning vehicles with lots of chrome I'm enjoying the almost all black accents with the white Colorado. The bottom chrome around the fog lamps are not as noticeable to me, but the chrome around the bowtie has to go.
You are right in that it's great to see so many forum idea's of mod's to do, but the cost to import/ship from the U.S. makes it very difficult. I'm retired and have to watch my pension money closely. I wish I had this truck 10 years ago when income was so much better. I agree with you that I would put the all black bowtie on the front and just remove the tailgate bowtie.

#18,788 ·
Have you tried plasti dipping the front all black? I bought my all black ones (full black plastic) on eBay for roughly $56. They look great and didn’t want all the Little Rock chips to affect the look of the plasti dip. I didn’t put the one on the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the heads-up on the E-Bay black bow-tie's. That's what I should be looking for to keep the front grill all black. If I find one it will be for the front only as I would just remove the tailgate bowtie.

#18,789 ·
I understand your pain. Though I live in Michigan, I spent a few weeks working in Toronto and understand the double whammy you go through with higher import prices and weakened Loonies. One example I found really left me scratching my head. In a large bookstore near the Eaton Center, I found a book printed in Great Britain. It had two prices, one for Canadian and one for US, and the Canadian price was higher! I would have thought coming from the Queen, they would have given you a break or at least made the price the same, but even they were out to screw you.

I asked one business man if he could explain the GST, back soon after it was enacted. He looked me in the eye and said if anyone understood it, he had yet to meet them.

When my wife and I drove to Alaska, we took the Alcan Highway through Canada. Some of the most beautiful country in the world is in BC. Along the way, I watched as diesel fuel prices steadily climbed from what I had been paying at home: $2.86 a gallon to just a few hundred miles from the Alaskan boarder where it was the equivalent of $5.28 a gallon (after converting liters to gallons and Canadian currency to US dollars). The first town we came to after crossing into Alaska had diesel for the exact same price I had paid at home - $2.86!

One additional comment. Living in Michigan, we see a lot of Canadian plates at our shopping malls to take advantage of lower prices and hospitals (where you don't have to wait months to see a doctor or get a needed operation), but since the Covid pandemic, non-essential traffic has ceased so you guys are getting screwed again.

So yes, I understand your plight and feel for you!
Interesting note you mentioned about the Queen. Years later, and we are still paying to be part of the "commonwealth". I can't stand the expenses we have to pick up when she or her family visits. No, there are no breaks having the "queen" connection. If you can't pay .... stay home. Of course that's just one man's opinion, but I'm tired of Canada putting out money one way or the other for an obsolete UK tradition.
I'm happy that you enjoy the drive through BC. I feel the same way driving through Oregon. Beautiful country down there. The gas is quite a bit higher here, but with your U.S. money, you should be ok.

#18,790 · (Edited)
Took a little break from work (benefit of working from home) and installed the Buick shift knob. Been on the fence with this one for a while, but bored so I went ahead and installed it. Works fine, looks ok, with all the instructions and videos on here it was simple about 20 minutes.

#18,791 · (Edited)
CRAP! Wrong forum!

Didn’t actually do squat... but I did receive my relocation kit [emoji23][emoji16][emoji6]

Has anyone had theirs installed? And if so what was the cost? Waiting on bid from my off road shop. My welder buddies wife was just diagnosed with cancer so his plate is kinda full.

#18,792 ·
In the last two days: changed the oil, rotated the tires, installed a heated steering wheel.

Reactions: Y E T I
#18,794 ·
Shivered while installing a smart plug next to it.

We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

#18,795 ·
Got my 1.5 inch spacers that I didnt have time to install yet but I dis take off the oem off road steps and put the oem sliders on today!!
View attachment 399505 View attachment 399507 View attachment 399508
I have the same steps, but 2.7/2" lift with bigger tires as well. I actually like the steps especially when washing the roof of the truck and it makes it easier to get in with less wear and tear on my seat, and definitely easier for the wife... they are dented underneath on both sides and one of the angled bracket like pieces is pulled /bent back from an impact... haven't found sliders close enough to buy yet, but maybe someday. Excited to see your spacers mounted... cheers!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#18,796 ·
CRAP! Wrong forum!

Didn’t actually do squat... but I did receive my relocation kit [emoji23][emoji16][emoji6]

Has anyone had theirs installed? And if so what was the cost? Waiting on bid from my off road shop. My welder buddies wife was just diagnosed with cancer so his plate is kinda full.

I'm getting my relocation kit installed in a couple weeks. I'm in the Boulder/Denver area of Colorado, got a few quotes for 3-500 and one for 858. Pays to call around :)

#18,798 ·
Yes there are holes when it is taken out and yes it is recessed.

Quite a bit of money for a new grill that is just ABS plastic, though the chevy script does look nice.
Silverbullet ..... Appreciate your help/advice on the bowtie removal. I did take the back bowtie off, now that I know I can get an "all-black" bowtie for the front. Actually, the rear bowtie and Colorado letters came off quite easily with the heat gun. It also made the leftover resin easy to pull off. A bit of goo-gone and I was done (almost) in 30 minutes. After a good cleaning, then I waxed the tailgate and now I'm really liking the minimal "clean" look. Just need to find an all-black bowtie for the front grill and that should take care of my exterior quirks.

#18,800 ·
The stock tires have lived there life and are no more, corona claims another (jk) but it was time to upgrade
Seeing as I work in the warehouse for a certain automotive company, I took a look to see if we had the Wildpeaks AT3W in 265/70R17 in the warehouse. We did, but I am not allowed to buy them directly from the warehouse as they have no way to process the sale transaction, especially being on the night shift. Had to go to the nearest service center to place the order and saved on the tires themselves AND the labor with my employee discount. Below are before and after shots, only 4 days apart but all the leaves fell off that tree in that time

View attachment 399276

View attachment 399277

View attachment 399278

View attachment 399279

View attachment 399280

View attachment 399281

View attachment 399282

View attachment 399283
Good Looking tire, how do they perform both off road and rolling down the highway?