Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#14,541 ·
Changed the oil, rotated tires..

Somehow got the transmission stuck in 4hi with a service 4wd message now showing. Any ideas on a fix or is it a flat bed to a dealer? I’m currently searching the forum but not getting much back besides a possible recall.

Also found this tear on drivers seat, any ideas on how to repair it?

#14,542 ·

Somehow got the transmission stuck in 4hi with a service 4wd message now showing. Any ideas on a fix or is it a flat bed to a dealer? I’m currently searching the forum but not getting much back besides a possible recall.

Also found this tear on drivers seat, any ideas on how to repair it?

The seat tear is a common issue. If still under bumper to bumper warranty, dealer should fix it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

#14,545 ·
Dropped my truck off at Service King for the bumper repair today... Hope it's done before my Sept. 25th appointment at the dealer for the airbag light going off and on a lot the last few weeks.
Maybe the bumper repair is related to the air bag light going off and on? Just a thought. ;)

#14,546 ·
DD SL1’s and yellow SLF’s arrived today. Hoping to install them over the weekend.

#14,547 ·
Heated wheel install yesterday, and today, well, finally installed the seat covers I've had for about a year plus now. Just in time to find some cracking in the factory seat I should have warrantied before Feb, when it runs out.

Now I just have to get the matching set for the rear to add the heated seats to, rather than open up the factory covers.

#14,548 ·
Played around in sand. The stuff reminds me of deep snow. If you run too high of a gear and or let the trans upshift you'll bog down and you're doomed if you leave the traction nannies engaged. I couldn't get it to throw giant rooster tails but I had fun nonetheless. :D

#14,551 ·

if you push the center(ok) button on right side of wheel that will go away, but it will still probably be in 4wd -hi

I had this happen and the 4wd switch/knob was bad, I would drive it to the dealer, no big deal

old school you would have it hauled, that was when the front and rear diff's had different gearing and could tear things up... only issue know is wheel hop when turning real tight...

#14,556 ·
I picked up a front and rear set of factory splash guards and the rear seat floor liner at a local dealer, who also happens to have a discount parts website where I can order stuff relatively cheap and pick it up at the dealer for no shipping charge.

I also ordered a new Century Ultra cab-high cap for my '19 crew cab short-box.

#14,557 ·
I didn't do anything today but GM did! Drove in to work just now and the "system update" message came up on the display. Parked it and it began updating..have no idea what's it's for.
Could be a security only patch. You know to keep the Russians from taking control of your truck ;). Actually it would be nice if there was a log or website that detailed updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toughsox