Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

19501 - 19520 of 19659 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Today I checked my Colorado (and garage) for unauthorized ventillation. The 2:00am rooftop drum solo prompted that. I haven't been up there yet but something came in fast and heavy. No protrusion or wet sheetrock to be seen.
Looks like cleanup day though.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Today I checked my Colorado (and garage) for unauthorized ventillation. The 2:00am rooftop drum solo prompted that. I haven't been up there yet but something came in fast and heavy. No protrusion or wet sheetrock to be seen.
I haven't ventured out yet today, and our trip out has been delayed a day due to power outages in the area. We were lucky in that our power outage occurred late afternoon and only lasted a couple of hours. I had planned on going to a state park today to see how our new cat likes riding in the truck--that will need to wait a day.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Not a Colorado, but this is a bad day in a truck. I guess you shouldn't drive too close to the edge of a bridge.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not a Colorado, but this is a bad day in a truck. I guess you shouldn't drive too close to the edge of a bridge.

Again?! I'm amazed they still take them over to be honest. Just take the ferry!

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
Did a little LIGHT offroading today... Won't do anything major until I get better tires. But the Colorado did fine. Had to use 4wd in a few spots that would of been doable in 2WD with better tires, but otherwise the truck did great.

To get here, you have to go through some thick sugar sand, with these stock tires in 2wd, the tires just spin down... In 4wd it walks right through.

There's another side with much bigger inclines and crazy thick sand, but I'll wait until I have the front lifted a bit and bigger better tires installed before I go over to that side. This place is less than 5 miles from home.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did a little LIGHT offroading today... Won't do anything major until I get better tires. But the Colorado did fine. Had to use 4wd in a few spots that would of been doable in 2WD with better tires, but otherwise the truck did great.

To get here, you have to go through some thick sugar sand, with these stock tires in 2wd, the tires just spin down... In 4wd it walks right through.

There's another side with much bigger inclines and crazy thick sand, but I'll wait until I have the front lifted a bit and bigger better tires installed before I go over to that side. This place is less than 5 miles from home.

View attachment 402481 View attachment 402482
what part of Florida is that?

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,009 Posts
Taking my Colorado back out for another shot at a few squirrels. I’ve got everything packed up ready for the morning. It’s supposed to be warmer so 4wd might be needed. It’s a fairly steep hill getting down the haul road.

Switched to a heavier grain bullet and my group tightened up nice.

This is 10 rounds - 25 meters - 1” circle - no wind - seated - bagged in pretty tight. Much better than my groups yesterday.
E22FCD36-B01C-4A58-AD98-FE16AAF0552A.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,009 Posts

View attachment 402481 View attachment 402482
We don’t have sand here in the Mountain State. I’ve read how challenging it can be. It would be nice to try something other than mud. I’m sick of getting mud over everything.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Levy county. About 20 minutes SW of Gainesville.
cool.. I'm down in Martin county.. stuart... do you know anyone that needs a set of Z71 rims 2017... with senors for free.... like new... just want to get them out of my shed

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
cool.. I'm down in Martin county.. stuart... do you know anyone that needs a set of Z71 rims 2017... with senors for free.... like new... just want to get them out of my shed
I might, someone that works with my wife drives a Colorado that's the base model... They may want them, send me a picture and I'll have my wife ask them.

I love the stock wheels on my truck... Luckily... Because that's one less thing I have to buy LOL

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Not to be a debbie downer , There is not a good reason not to put it in 4wd as soon as you get off the pavement in your area. Leaving it in 2wd until the tires spins just makes ruts and people keep doing that and they just get deeper.

were we hunt in Kansas, when in the pasture we get to the gate, my brother never puts his truck in 4wd, when I open the gate and he drives through(it is up hill) he digs a hole, I usually say something to him after the 2nd day or so. I put mine in 4wd as soon as we get off the road to go into the pasture.
He will also spin his tires in the pasture going up a steep sand stone hill....just makes the ruts deeper

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4
130 Posts
That looks like my backyard every other week during last years hurricane season.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
Not to be a debbie downer , There is not a good reason not to put it in 4wd as soon as you get off the pavement in your area. Leaving it in 2wd until the tires spins just makes ruts and people keep doing that and they just get deeper.

were we hunt in Kansas, when in the pasture we get to the gate, my brother never puts his truck in 4wd, when I open the gate and he drives through(it is up hill) he digs a hole, I usually say something to him after the 2nd day or so. I put mine in 4wd as soon as we get off the road to go into the pasture.
He will also spin his tires in the pasture going up a steep sand stone hill....just makes the ruts deeper
LOL, In those pictures I'm in offroad pits for dirt bikes and atvs... Ruts are no issue here. Half the fun is seeing what the vehicle is capable of in 2WD, 4hi, and 4lo. If you don't have 4WD and a backup plan, you shouldn't even be here.

I live 2 miles from pavement... ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to go into 4WD as soon as I leave the pavement. My wife drives her Camry down more trails than half the men with 4wd trucks LOL

Plenty of guys spin their tires even in 4wd. I have been offroading dirt bikes, mini bikes, atvs and even front wheel drive cars since I was 7-8 years old. I use to go mudding with a Corolla. I've owned multiple jeeps, trucks, and 4x4 SUVs... I'm not out ruining hunting camp trails, but believe me there's no need to go into 4wd just because you're off the paved road.

🤙🤙🤙

·
Registered
828 Posts
That looks like my backyard every other week during last years hurricane season.
Hurricane - ugh... You have it worse than I do for sure.
The wife and I got the place cleaned up with the exception of one mess in the back. A couple branched off a 130ft Doug Fir took out a maple and a cedar. I'll nibble away at that over time.
Take care and stay out of the way of stuff that shouldn't be airborne!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I might, someone that works with my wife drives a Colorado that's the base model... They may want them, send me a picture and I'll have my wife ask them.

I love the stock wheels on my truck... Luckily... Because that's one less thing I have to buy LOL

they are all like brand new... just want to see someone get them that wants or needs them... again FREE
1610587972497.png
1610587992975.png
1610588011564.png
1610588026879.png

1610587972497.png 1610587992975.png 1610588011564.png 1610588026879.png

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
They are all like brand new... just want to see someone get them that wants or needs them... again FREE
I will check and let you know, really awesome of you! Those are definitely nicer than the ones on my wife's coworker's truck.

If you weren't 5 hours away I'd let you store them in my connex just to get them out of your way.

My name is Richard as well... There's only like 3 million of us... We're a rare breed LOL.

19501 - 19520 of 19659 Posts