Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

19481 - 19500 of 19659 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,009 Posts
What were you shooting with?
22. I have no excuses. It just wasn’t my day. I built this rifle specifically for squirrel hunting.
A5E5DFD8-1B5C-47FC-8BDA-3C8511469611.jpeg

I can clean them rats in about a minute each, using some badass scissors only. Cut the feet off, snip the belly, rip the fur off in both directions and cut the legs off... and done.
I use a very similar method. I have a knife/shears combo from Outdoor Edge that is perfect for those little buggers.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Its been a while, but its the little things. Fitted a RAM cell phone mount in place of the dash vent.

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
Its been a while, but its the little things. Fitted a RAM cell phone mount in place of the dash vent. View attachment 402438 View attachment 402439 View attachment 402440
I like that... Then I could use my quad lock phone mount that I used in other vehicles... I've tried lots of phone mounts and holders and absolutely LOVE the quad lock with a ram mount.

Only issue... Being on that side... if you wanted to have the phone plugged in for android auto you would have to somehow route the cord over there or have it hanging.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
That's awesome!

Suggestion(not saying there's anything wrong with your install, just an observation): With a different screw on base, you could really clean up the install.

Something like this would make for a clean, no bolts exposed look. RAM® Track Ball™ with T-Bolt Attachment
I'm guessing... The screws are what's holding the plate and RAM mount down, that's why it's screwed in at that angle. He likely went back through the same screw holes with 2 of the screws.

Doesn't look like the t bolt attachment would hold it down the same. You'd still have to somehow attach that plate that replaced the vent to the dash...

Though it would be a cleaner install...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm guessing... The screws are what's holding the plate and RAM mount down, that's why it's screwed in at that angle. He likely went back through the same screw holes with 2 of the screws.

Doesn't look like the t bolt attachment would hold it down the same. You'd still have to somehow attach that plate that replaced the vent to the dash...

Though it would be a cleaner install...
What I suggested would work out to the same basic mounting. Backing plate, cover plate and ram mount. But instead of four little screws going top down, you stud the 1/4-20 bolt from the backing plate upwards. Then sandwich the cover plate between the backing plate and ram mount. One big bolt going from the bottom, up, instead of four going down.

·
Registered
Z71
110 Posts
looks tight and no nonsense if you ask me

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
He killed one and I missed two 🤦‍♂️. I think I can still hear those tree rats laughing at me.
After my disappointment and soul crippling shame I made it to my range at work to confirm my rifle. It’s pretty good considering I rushed. I know 100% it was shooter error today. This is about 20 rounds of my good ammo at 35 meters. No wind while standing supported.

I hang my head in humiliation at my squirrel inaccuracy earlier today. 😔
DF753A41-7536-4A0C-BC21-5738BAA72838.jpeg

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like that... Then I could use my quad lock phone mount that I used in other vehicles... I've tried lots of phone mounts and holders and absolutely LOVE the quad lock with a ram mount.

Only issue... Being on that side... if you wanted to have the phone plugged in for android auto you would have to somehow route the cord over there or have it hanging.
Connecting to Android auto is already running thru my head.. either I'll relocate/add a USB or I could resort and wait for wireless AA
What I suggested would work out to the same basic mounting. Backing plate, cover plate and ram mount. But instead of four little screws going top down, you stud the 1/4-20 bolt from the backing plate upwards. Then sandwich the cover plate between the backing plate and ram mount. One big bolt going from the bottom, up, instead of four going down.
I do like the idea of a screwless appearance. It can be my second iteration. This was just me finding scrap ABS sheets, a leftover base, and piece of scrap steel. I originally had it mounted on the passenger side seat floor, but thought it was too far away at times. Now I can just put the tablet mount for the copilot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
348 Posts
Connecting to Android auto is already running thru my head.. either I'll relocate/add a USB or I could resort and wait for wireless AAI do like the idea of a screwless appearance. It can be my second iteration. This was just me finding scrap ABS sheets, a leftover base, and piece of scrap steel. I originally had it mounted on the passenger side seat floor, but thought it was too far away at times. Now I can just put the tablet mount for the copilot.

Although mine is directly above the USB port, I use these little clips I bought on Amazon to keep my phone's cord out of the way.

·
Registered
637 Posts
After my disappointment and soul crippling shame I made it to my range at work to confirm my rifle. It’s pretty good considering I rushed. I know 100% it was shooter error today. This is about 20 rounds of my good ammo at 35 meters. No wind while standing supported.

View attachment 402443
Must have jumped just as you pulled the trigger. 😄

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4WD
1 Posts
Put on my new registration & installed my rhino exhaust tip. Also scheduled an appointment to get a leveling kit installed.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Finally hit 25k miles on my 2015 😀

Reactions: Mtn_man

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks good, as usual.

I'd definitely run power to it, and clean it up with either a QI wireless charger mount, and/or a magnetic QD phone connector.

And probably skeletonize things a bit because I need that vent to defrost the mirror area.

Nice to hear you're doing OK.
As usual in my head the wheels are always turning.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts

View attachment 402443
Everyone has those days man... Next time, bring one of these... Of course, there will be nothing left to eat if you are using slugs... But if you go with bird shot you may get more than one squirrel at a time LOL

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Everyone has those days man... Next time, bring one of these... Of course, there will be nothing left to eat if you are using slugs... But if you go with bird shot you may get more than one squirrel at a time LOL

View attachment 402455
Yeah I know it happens to everyone but in my world accurate marksmanship is right up there with one’s integrity. I’ll redeem myself next week I’m sure. 😉

I’ve not been around an AR12 yet. I’m sure it’s fun. I’m a pretty big shotgun fan. Guys at work are big AR-15 fanboys but I often grab my 870 on calls. I’m confident in what a shotgun is capable of in the right hands.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
Yeah I know it happens to everyone but in my world accurate marksmanship is right up there with one’s integrity. I’ll redeem myself next week I’m sure. 😉

I’ve not been around an AR12 yet. I’m sure it’s fun. I’m a pretty big shotgun fan. Guys at work are big AR-15 fanboys but I often grab my 870 on calls. I’m confident in what a shotgun is capable of in the right hands.
The AR12 is fun... But honestly I'd rather hunt with rifles over shotguns.

AR12 would be good if like a full biker gang broke into your house or... no actually I can't think of any other good uses for it LOL it's fun to shoot with friends but otherwise has little purpose to me.

Personally, if hunting laws didn't exist, I'd rather shoot turkey, squirrels, rabbits and all other small game with a .22 or .17.

Boar and Deer with a 270... Unless it's long range hunts... Then give me a 338 Lapua.

I've owned my share of ARs and AKs.. shot more M16 rounds in the army than I wanted to. 50s too... Hell the 50 was my baby...

These days if I'm just plinking for fun I prefer a 22 or 17. No hearing protection needed, fun, cheap, (when you can find rounds) and even the kids can join in on the fun with no recoil to scare them.

Here's a picture of me with my 50.... This was overseas... Back in about 2005... Maybe 2006... Notice the mix of ACU and BDU uniforms, the ACU uniform was just starting to be available and they didn't have matching flack vests or belts yet. We ran around looking crazy with mixed up full battle rattle, but at least we didn't have to shine boots anymore LOL

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The AR12 is fun... But honestly I'd rather hunt with rifles over shotguns.

AR12 would be good if like a full biker gang broke into your house or... no actually I can't think of any other good uses for it LOL it's fun to shoot with friends but otherwise has little purpose to me.

Personally, if hunting laws didn't exist, I'd rather shoot turkey, squirrels, rabbits and all other small game with a .22 or .17.

Boar and Deer with a 270... Unless it's long range hunts... Then give me a 338 Lapua.

I've owned my share of ARs and AKs.. shot more M16 rounds in the army than I wanted to. 50s too... Hell the 50 was my baby...

These days if I'm just plinking for fun I prefer a 22 or 17. No hearing protection needed, fun, cheap, (when you can find rounds) and even the kids can join in on the fun with no recoil to scare them.

Here's a picture of me with my 50.... This was overseas... Back in about 2005... Maybe 2006... Notice the mix of ACU and BDU uniforms, the ACU uniform was just starting to be available and they didn't have matching flack vests or belts yet. We ran around looking crazy with mixed up full battle rattle, but at least we didn't have to shine boots anymore LOL View attachment 402456
When Ma Deuce speaks, people listen!
(And get the hell out of the way!)

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
101 Posts
Put on my new registration & installed my rhino exhaust tip. Also scheduled an appointment to get a leveling kit installed.
Got any pics? I want to see how the exhaust tip looks since I have been debating getting one

19481 - 19500 of 19659 Posts