Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

19461 - 19480 of 19659 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
ONR rinse less wash and finally removed the air dam after 7k miles. Didn’t feel like dealing with the top mounted screws, but only took about an hour. Would have been quicker had I used ramps. I’ll probably reverse the clips and put the screws back in just in case I need to put it back on for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ordered 4 new 265-65-17 Goodyear Duratracs on 12/31/20 for my 2016 Trailboss 2.8 Diesel.

Original Duratracs had 56,700 miles on them.

Tires installed at Discount Tires on 1/8/21.

Registered for rebates on 12/31/20 and received the rebate cards 1/9/21.

One for $116, the other for $50.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
773 Posts
We used to use them where I work. I’ll see if they are still around. If they are, I’ll message you. Glad to mail one to you if I can locate any.
Oh that's so nice of you and PLEASE don't be upset, I just can't give out my mailing address. Please forgive me, so thoughtful of you!

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
544 Posts
Had to remove the snow from windshield so my wipers could work.....in LOUISIANA! LOL. First real snow in three years!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Had to remove the snow from windshield so my wipers could work.....in LOUISIANA! LOL. First real snow in three years!
our weather girl here in St, Louie said we had to go to Mississippi to see some snow....the wife is depressed, her Jeep has not seen snow in a few years

Reactions: unit505

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
348 Posts
Started the install of my Trigger4 Plus to control the lights and air compressor. Ran out of time so this is as far as I got...

And some big things will be happening in the next two weeks . . .

About time to start a build and adventure thread.

·
Registered
Z71
110 Posts
As this is where I have been posting progress: I figure I’ll show off my truck here for the first time. This is the Eibach 2.0 explorer kit all preset from Peak. I think it sits perfectly. My wife ordered this for me for Christmas it so I had no say in the preset etc. So this is what you get if you just order it online without communicating with them. Pretty awesome and just the way I wanted it. Next will be the tint, wheels and tires and maybe a 1-1.25” body lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
As this is where I have been posting progress: I figure I’ll show off my truck here for the first time. This is the Eibach 2.0 explorer kit all preset from Peak. I think it sits perfectly. My wife ordered this for me for Christmas it so I had no say in the preset etc. So this is what you get if you just order it online without communicating with them. Pretty awesome and just the way I wanted it. Next will be the tint, wheels and tires and maybe a 1-1.25” body lift.
How do you like the Alucab?

·
Registered
Z71
110 Posts
I like it except:
The latches can freeze up. They’re better suited to Africa where it was intended to be used.

They make covers for them but I can’t find them online and nobody will import them.
I wanted to add a sliding window which is stated as “retrofittable” on the UK site but the US distributor says it’s not retrofittable.
So it’s not perfect for the pacific NW and I have very little support for small things but I really just keep work clothes in there so my kid isn’t exposed to the stuff I deal with at work.

I bought it because I like it’s design- it’s tough and was available immediately for less than a off the shelf canopy.

I bought it used off a guy who bent his frame on a Zr2. He bought another Alu-Cab and put it on a Tacoma. He was overloaded on the ZR2 as he was into over landing. His Tacoma was overloaded as well and he had not even taken it out. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I like it except:
The latches can freeze up. They’re better suited to Africa where it was intended to be used.

They make covers for them but I can’t find them online and nobody will import them.
I wanted to add a sliding window which is stated as “retrofittable” on the UK site but the US distributor says it’s not retrofittable.
So it’s not perfect for the pacific NW and I have very little support for small things but I really just keep work clothes in there so my kid isn’t exposed to the stuff I deal with at work.

I bought it because I like it’s design- it’s tough and was available immediately for less than a off the shelf canopy.

I bought it used off a guy who bent his frame on a Zr2. He bought another Alu-Cab and put it on a Tacoma. He was overloaded on the ZR2 as he was into over landing. His Tacoma was overloaded as well and he had not even taken it out. ¯\(ツ)
That's a bummer on the support. You'd think support would be a little better for something in that price range. I remember when those first started making their appearance in the US. I was in the market for a cap on my Tacoma and loved the look. Ultimately, I couldn't stomach the cost, so I ended up building one with a pop roof for about half the price. Not sure I'd do that again. 😂 Poor planning and design made for a long project.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Colorado CCLB, 2.8L Duramax, Shadow Metalic Grey. 2" level kit
135 Posts
Susan (she is a working class lady...) got herself some new headlights.
Stedi "project" projector specific LED low beams. Very happy with them

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,009 Posts
A buddy invited me over to his homestead to kill a few bushy tails. I took my Colorado because it’s pretty muddy out there. Everything was frozen this morning so 4wd wasn’t needed.

He killed one and I missed two 🤦‍♂️. I think I can still hear those tree rats laughing at me. Oh well, still had fun in the holler.
0EDF4ABF-7D1F-4B23-B92B-C93D3A18382A.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Z71 4x4 CCSB
121 Posts
A buddy invited me over to his homestead to kill a few bushy tails. I took my Colorado because it’s pretty muddy out there. Everything was frozen this morning so 4wd wasn’t needed.

He killed one and I missed two 🤦‍♂️. I think I can still hear those tree rats laughing at me. Oh well, still had fun in the holler.
View attachment 402427
What were you shooting with? If I'm taking the kids for fun, we will use high powered pellet rifles... If I'm hunting to make some buttermilk squirrel, which is freaking delicious, I'll cheat and use a 410, 17, or KIDD .22... Nobody can miss with a KIDD .22. I think it's physically impossible, them rifles have radar or something LOL... Heavy, but accurate as hell.

Need at least 15 to make a good meal..

I take my son and nephew to our river property to hunt squirrels... I try and let them get all the kills...

I can clean them rats in about a minute each, using some badass scissors only. Cut the feet off, snip the belly, rip the fur off in both directions and cut the legs off... and done.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks good are u happy w/ the 1" versus any more increased height. Did dealer install, if so how much did they charge?
Thanks - I had it installed by a local shop for $270, including alignment. Dealer wanted about $100 more.
I really like it. My driveway slopes pretty good, so I don't know if that's making it appear almost exactly level or not. I purposely did not want to make it perfectly level, because I tow my boat frequently. Right now, it still has about 1/4 inch of rake, but I was hoping for more around 1/2 inch...

19461 - 19480 of 19659 Posts