Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

18901 - 18920 of 19685 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
228 Posts
What did you tap into for the power outlets? I have plans to install something similar in my bed but I'm not sure where to tap into.
I tapped in to the (+) wire that supplies the canopy dome light. That wire is ran to the battery alongside the 3rd brake light wire that goes to the fuse box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow! So little! So much puppy breathe to enjoy...! I dread losing my German, shes 5 this April and such a part of household and family now. Wish they lived longer than they do. I hope to get another dog when she's about 7 or 8 do ease the pain when the moment comes. Such great dogs. Enjoy that little one and I hope you share more photos / outings and adventures with he or she with us all. Bring on the shedding (again) haha. Roomba has been our newest friend in the house.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Roomba good. Replaced the battery on ours once already. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mtn_man

·
Registered
33 Posts
I removed the factory “brace” and put my hitch on. What should’ve been an hour job was 4.5 hours because the hitch wasn’t drilled correctly! The holes were about 1/4” off and since it was thanksgiving day I was out of luck! I was so mad! Tried every way possible to notch the holes, bend the hitch, etc. I finally got the bolts in but I was incredibly mad that the hitch was off.

The next day I installed the 7/4 wire harness and plug. Took the truck on it’s first fishing trip pulling the boat and she did great!

I need to put LEDs in my interior and get some subwoofers, this stereo is lacking horribly!

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 in Silver Ice Metallic
235 Posts
Grill install, wired up the marker lights, and installed the yellow fogs. All in a days work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That thing is sexy! Where did you find that one?

Reactions: YogiBear1892

·
Registered
2018 ZR2 dmax
49 Posts
I've considered these too with my rack and tent back there reducing visibility. After you've used it a bit, let us know your impressions. From their description, it doesn't sound like they guarantee it's weatherproof (calls out mounting inside the car). How did you mount yours? How does it do in the rain and at night? How does it compare to the picture from the stock backup camera (hopefully way better!)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I wrote up a little bit in this thread. Happy to answer any other questions there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nothing I actually did (or wanted to do lol), but I had a dealer install a Curt trailer brake controller for me.

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
550 Posts
FINALLY installed my catch can. Only 34,000 miles overdue.. but props to the Sasquatch Parts guys. I bought their kit on Black Friday, but got ahead of myself and bought the pieces separately and not using the discounted combo kit that they offer. I emailed them and they happily refunded me the difference.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I rolled around on the ground long enough today to get my Hellwig rear sway bar installed. Only problem I had (other than being old) was when I went to install the aluminum collars that insure the bar won't move, I found one of the screws on one was cross threaded and would neither tighten or loosen. If it was a critical part, I would have drilled out the screw, re-tapped the hole and stuck in another screw until the replacement comes. I don't plan on doing much driving, and I'll wait until the replacement gets here to try drifting. If I'm able to get out of bed in the morning, I take the truck out ans see if I notice a difference.

In other news, while under there, I noticed the 589 shock skids are very rusty. Apparently their powder coating process sucks. I'll pull them off next spring, clean them up and coat them with some paint. Kind of disappointing and makes me wonder how my front crossmember reinforcement is holding up underneath the skid plate.

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
70 Posts
Picked up this beaut today! Drove 3 hours to PA to pick it up and 4 hours back to Long Island first time towing with no hiccups. Very happy with the way the truck performed!

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4
130 Posts
Picked up this beaut today! Drove 3 hours to PA to pick it up and 4 hours back to Long Island first time towing with no hiccups. Very happy with the way the truck performed!
View attachment 400189
Nice! What’s the specs on that bad boy?

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
141 Posts
Swung by the dealer this morning to get my, "Service emissions control immediately", warning and CEL looked at. Turned out to be the DEF heater, like I suspected. The Service Manager told me that, since the code wasn't an 'active' one, GM's service manual directed them to recalibrate and clear the code. He then told me they were just going to replace it with one from their stock, since if they just recalibrated it, "You'll be back in a week".

So, no code now, and hopefully no code in the future!

Also received my TruXseal tailgate seal and some 1" open-cell foam seal tape to try and better seal up the tailgate. I've not got water intrusion (took it through a carwash today, no issues), but there is a pretty good draft and 'whistle' from the tailgate that my dog doesn't like. I'm thinking I may be able to use the 1" seal tape to replace the inflatable donut gasket between the cap and cab as well, seems to be about a 3/4 gap there. I'll likely be doing that this weekend after I clear the garage to pull the truck in. I need to finish rewiring the Honda 919 before figuring out how to Tetris all my stuff into a 1-car garage (two motorcycles, snowmobile, tool box, lawn mower, snow-blower, non-winter wheels and tires) in a way that at least lets me get the snowblower out without moving the truck.

First day of snowmobile season was Tuesday, sadly we don't have nearly enough snow on the ground right now, and warm temperatures for the next two weeks won't help. :(

Reactions: Curler20p
18901 - 18920 of 19685 Posts