Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

18461 - 18480 of 18498 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Kinda yesterday, but I had this greeting me this morning. Wife's Ranger helped too.

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh ya, I also cycled the King's without a spring. Nearly bottomed out here. A whopping 8" of travel at the hub. Has another 1/4" at the bumpstop and 1" at the shaft, so it can cycle maybe another 3/4" before metal-metal contact at the bump. Still pretty weak considering these are extended and not getting 9" at the hub.

BTW, bone stock front suspension at the similar bump space was only like 7" travel. Not even close to the 8.9" that Chevy advertised. A leveling kit or these King's, brings it closer to those numbers.

PXL_20201017_161300047.jpg

PXL_20201017_161535868.jpg

PXL_20201017_161241923.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Diesel or V6? Looks like the latter to me b/c the factory aux cooler built into the top of the condenser.
It is a V6 so my normal 120-140 temps were long gone before the cooler. Now, the transmission temps hardly crawl above 95 on the highway and 110 on surface streets.

Side note, I am sitting on the side of the highway right now because one of the coolant lines slipped off and I lost most of my transmission fluid. This is beyond embarrassing.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Knocked out a couple things and still have a few in progress

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’ve been having an issue with my driver’s side headlight intermittently not coming on at night for the last few months. At first I thought it was my LEDs or ballasts, but the issue remained after switching them out. Got to digging around today and found that my GEN5DIY DRL Relocate harness is the problem... kinda bummed that it only lasted 2-2.5 years. I emailed them, but their warranty is only a year. So I guess I’ll be buying a new one. Fingers crossed maybe the email can get me a discount code.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I’ve been having an issue with my driver’s side headlight intermittently not coming on at night for the last few months. At first I thought it was my LEDs or ballasts, but the issue remained after switching them out. Got to digging around today and found that my GEN5DIY DRL Relocate harness is the problem... kinda bummed that it only lasted 2-2.5 years. I emailed them, but their warranty is only a year. So I guess I’ll be buying a new one. Fingers crossed maybe the email can get me a discount code.
That's crap for the price tag! Its probably just one of the relays. You should check each one if you're just going to trash it anyways... or maybe ask if they ca repair it vs sell you a new one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's crap for the price tag! Its probably just one of the relays. You should check each one if you're just going to trash it anyways... or maybe ask if they ca repair it vs sell you a new one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Omg, I think you just saved me big time! I went out and swapped the relays around and sure enough the problem changed sides!

Found one online, we’ll see how quick the shipping is. I’ll just have to drill out the old rivet and pop the new one in. Thank you!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Omg, I think you just saved me big time! I went out and swapped the relays around and sure enough the problem changed sides!

Found one online, we’ll see how quick the shipping is. I’ll just have to drill out the old rivet and pop the new one in. Thank you!
Right on man. I'm pretty confident that will be your fix. Let me know though, as I'm running one myself.👊

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just stopped for an unplanned photoshoot on the way home from work today.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ordered the OME heavy leafpack and Timbrens w/ ubolt flip. Once that's in, it will be time to throw the fabricators hat back on to tear out and replace the 589 shock relocation.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
"Dear diary..

Day 10, still on F. I think the needle might be starting to move but I'm not sure. Maybe it's been like that the whole time. Am I second-guessing myself? Who even knows anymore..."

We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I would recommend you do the leaf springs and the 589 shock relocation at the same time. I just did the shocks and add a leaf, it saves a lot of time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I would recommend you do the leaf springs and the 589 shock relocation at the same time. I just did the shocks and add a leaf, it saves a lot of time.
I already have the shock relocation done. Wasn't too happy with the fit, my shocks are nearing end of life and I want to see about stuffing a 12" shock in there anyway. So the relocation will be coming out in favor of my own upper mount. There's a machine shop a couple minutes from my house with a plasma table, so custom brackets can be made to my spec. Pretty excited to see what can be done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm going back and forth on whether or not to do the shock relocate modification. . . I would like to hear your thoughts if feel it is a mod that is definitely worth doing for off-road use and if there were any noticeable changes to handling or ride. I am running a 20 Bison / Alu Cab Canopy Camper with GM Performance Level, Peak Add-a-Leaf and stock tires. I love the way it handles both on and off-road now, but I do hang those lower shock mounts occasionally. . .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Really like your wheel set up. What suspension set up you have? And are those boost tow mirrors if so how do you like them?
Thank you.

I have 2 inch rear lift blocks from American Automotive, and 2 inch front spacers from Supreme Suspensions. I did this to keep the factory rake.

Those are the Boost mirrors. I really like them. I can see the passenger lower convex mirror just fine. Worth the money IMO.

- Preston

Reactions: Curler20p
18461 - 18480 of 18498 Posts