Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

18441 - 18460 of 18498 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Apparently great minds think alike. You must have missed my earlier reply.
Ah. Gotcha. Yea I did miss it. I have a machining warehouse out by me that iirc had them.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Installed a new transmission cooler because my temps spikes to 200+ when off roading the other day. The install went easy until I got a hold of my dremel and things went sideways after that though :/

Reactions: 93Duc and Curler20p

·
Registered
2021 Canyon AT4
60 Posts
Installed a new transmission cooler because my temps spikes to 200+ when off roading the other day. The install went easy until I got a hold of my dremel and things went sideways after that though :/
Diesel or V6? Looks like the latter to me b/c the factory aux cooler built into the top of the condenser.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
698 Posts
Ah. Gotcha. Yea I did miss it. I have a machining warehouse out by me that iirc had them.
I friend of mine has a son that works at Fastenal. He found some in a distant warehouse and said he’ll have them early next week. I’m going to try them before going through the trouble of safety wire.

I currently use them in several places on my truck and they are worth the money.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The typical helical spring washer … serves as a spring while the bolt is being tightened. However, the washer is normally flat by the time the bolt is fully torqued. At this time it is equivalent to a solid flat washer, and its locking ability is nonexistent. In summary, a lockwasher of this type is useless for locking.
I agree.

I will admit though that adding the lock washers kept the bolts tight at least twice as long as no washer so they did something to help imho.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree.

I will admit though that adding the lock washers kept the bolts tight at least twice as long as no washer so they did something to help imho.
The problem with the standard lock washers is they are made to dig into softer metal. Steering knuckles and brake brackets are far from soft.

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
70 Posts
Got the new hood painted and put on. Just need rear bumper and
exhaust and I’ll be finished for awhile

·
Registered
216 Posts
Installed the Boost mirrors today.

halfdone.jpg
complete.jpg
behind.jpg
side.jpg

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
70 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
They looks nice. Chevy should offer them as a factory option or std on diesel long beds or something. You know, a configuration people are likely to tow larger trailers with.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I wanted to give people alot of before and after pictures at once, so they could see if this is something they want.

That's what I have been doing slowly, getting ready for the travel trailer purchase.

Were looking at getting 24ft-26ft trailer with our max dry weight being around 5,500 lbs. Already with the flatbed trailer we have is 8ft wide with sides to it and I can't see if anyone is behind me or if someone is behind me in the other lane. So this will fix the problem.

I have missed these types of mirrors since I got rid of my 06' F250 for this Colorado.

Next I am going to get the trailer brake controller installed at some point.

Reactions: Mtn_man

·
Registered
698 Posts
My buddy dropped off my 9/16” Nordlock washers (far left) for my front brake caliper bolts. I’m slowly getting a collection of them to keep this hunk of junk from falling apart. ;)

I hope these work. The next step I’ll go the safety wire route.
B6F3AB90-13C2-4FFA-9EA7-73A89B5E00A9.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
194 Posts
Got to do a decent leak test on the bed cover with the new bed rug installed. So much better. Not a heavy down pour but a constant rain. Sat in the rain for a few hours at work. Drove home in the rain for 30mins and then sat in the driveway for a few hours. Then went and checked it out. I was expecting some leakage at the two front corners but nothing at all. I could theorize all day long as to why not, but not going to. I have some extra foam seal from the bulk head seal that came with the cover. Gonna cut a few bits and pieces and fill in a few spots that are lacking just to be safe. I may go with the Access bed seal later as I think its over all better but for now this will do. The majority of my leakage was from the tail gate along the sides. Now that I got my cover adjusted properly for the rear tailgate seal that cut out a lot of my leakage. Just now I just need to get a tail gate seal and I think I should be able to get rid of most of the water leakage. It won't be 100% but I don't need it too be. Just need it to keep from soaking the inside when it rains for those times when I have luggage or any other item I wanna keep dry in the back.

Ok sorry for the ramble but I was just happy with how it has turned out. Loving my bed rug already and only had it in for two days.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Swapped springs on the King's once again. 550# is MUCH better than the crazy stiff 650# they come with. And I have a loaded Relentless bumper with some steel skids.

Pro tip for anyone doing front suspension work:

When you pull the UCA off the spindle, tie up the top of the spindle towards the truck so you don't pull the CV out of its socket. Had a great time trying to pop it back in. Needed to pop the boot off and found some sort of wire clip had gotten dislodged from who knows where and one end found its way up and over the CV ball cage. That made it impossible to put the CV back in its socket and requires opening it up.

So..... Just try to avoid letting the spindle fall away from the truck and dislocating the CV. A bungee or some rope would be fine. I've never had a problem like this, so it took me a minute and I almost lost my ****. 😆

18441 - 18460 of 18498 Posts