Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

18181 - 18200 of 18264 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I had my battery replaced under warranty. Couple of weeks of slow starts then yesterday, no start. Hit it with my jump box and took it to the dealer. Diagnosed as a bed cell and replaced for free.

Truck is 2 years old and has 16600 miles on it.
I've wondered about a battery replacement under warranty... my truck is a 2017 with 8k miles. Is it covered for 3 years or 36k then?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've wondered about a battery replacement under warranty... my truck is a 2017 with 8k miles. Is it covered for 3 years or 36k then?

Yes.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Installed a Lund genesis elite cover.

barely fit with my go rhino sport bar. But to be honest, I wasn’t thinking of adding a tonneau when I installed the sport bar 4 years ago so it might fit better depending on where you drill and install the sport bar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
two different sources... I also got a 90degree usb plug that would allow down light for the rear usb, then used an adjustable usb plug that allowed me to adjust the front usb light slightly upward to light the entire console...there are a lot of options, just google automotive usb ambient lights.

USB Plug-In Miniature LED Car Interior Ambient Lighting Kit Used theses for rear down light
and
Amazon.com: OzniumX USB Ambient Light for Tesla Model S/X/3 - (2 Pack), DC5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light, Car LED Interior Lighting Kit, Adjustable Brightness, 8 Color Changing Decoration: Automotive Used these for the front light
Excellent! Wow thanks very much for the info.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts

Just to be clear, it's 3 years or 36K whichever comes first. So even though you only have 8k miles, if the truck is over 3 years old, it's out of warranty.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just to be clear, it's 3 years or 36K whichever comes first. So even though you only have 8k miles, if the truck is over 3 years old, it's out of warranty.
Truck is 1.5 years old almost since buying it new. Just a 2017....

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Truck is 1.5 years old almost since buying it new. Just a 2017....

l know it's a 2017, but this is 2020 and the 2021 models are out, so without knowing when you bought your truck, it could have been 3.5 or even 4 years old. You must have bought it after the 2018 is were introduced, which is a great way to save money.

·
Registered
793 Posts
l know it's a 2017, but this is 2020 and the 2021 models are out, so without knowing when you bought your truck, it could have been 3.5 or even 4 years old. You must have bought it after the 2018 is were introduced, which is a great way to save money.
Getting lost in translation here,
Purchased new May 2019
8k miles
I assume the 3 year 36k warranty stands and I should be able to warranty a battery that is likely to fail..

·
Registered
617 Posts
Getting lost in translation here,
Purchased new May 2019
8k miles
I assume the 3 year 36k warranty stands and I should be able to warranty a battery that is likely to fail..
Warranty starts when it is sold. Mine hit the lot in May/June 2018 but warranty started when I bought it in April 2019. The My Chevy App tracks your warranty.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here's the interesting thing (if you were unaware), they put an ACDELCO 48PS battery in my truck and that battery, if purchased over the counter, comes with a 30 month replacement warranty. However, because it was replaced under 3/36 warranty by GM, the battery warranty is only until the end of my 3/36. So 12 months instead of 30 months. There's a tag on the label they actually remove that voids the ACDELCO 30 month warranty.

I'm told this practice holds true with all parts replaced under the GM warranty.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Here's the interesting thing (if you were unaware), they put an ACDELCO 48PS battery in my truck and that battery, if purchased over the counter, comes with a 30 month replacement warranty. However, because it was replaced under 3/36 warranty by GM, the battery warranty is only until the end of my 3/36. So 12 months instead of 30 months. There's a tag on the label they actually remove that voids the ACDELCO 30 month warranty.

I'm told this practice holds true with all parts replaced under the GM warranty.
I kind of wondered how the warranty would carry on with the replacement. Damn bean counters.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Kind of. If it's a 3 year/36k part, yes. If it's a part under the drive train or emissions warranty, then those warranties apply. I have had a dealer who honored the part warranty over the 3 year/36K warranty though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Kind of. If it's a 3 year/36k part, yes. If it's a part under the drive train or emissions warranty, then those warranties apply.
Sorry, I guess I didn't really make that clear. Yes, the remainder of whatever GM warranty would apply to the part replaced.

Thanks Tom S. for clarifying.

No expertise implied or expressed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took mine for repair after the power steer assist died while cruising down the highway for the 3rd time this month :D. They want 2k and a part of my soul. I did put new tires on it, so there's that, i guess (2015 Colorado).

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
22 Posts
After switching my headlights to LED in the first week of ownership, now did my interior bulbs and cargo lamps and reverse lights (no pics as I'm parked in the garage atm but they're the same bulbs as the cargo set) and added my OCD console tray.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
157 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
22 Posts
What headlights did you go with?
Went with sealights as they were one of the more known brands available without a ridiculous price in Canada

18181 - 18200 of 18264 Posts