Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

18161 - 18180 of 18263 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
157 Posts
just cut the lip off the bedliner, that is what I did with my previous Canyon, cut -off saw
Thats what I ment by remove it first. When I got the truck I though I just needed to wait till I removed the bed liner. After cutting and trimming to make the thing fit better I realized I could just cut off the back part that goes over it.
I still think the seal that was linked above may work better then the one supplied with my cover. I can always give the supplied one a go first and replace if it does not work well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A very crappy one that will likely break off, yeah :LOL:

Dang it, now I want a pasty too.

@Savingpvtpyle , those look great. I want to something similar with mine.
Funny story, first winter with my gen 1 Canyon and I hit a snowdrift on the way to work - tore my air dam right off! found it in the ditch on my way home:oops:

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
788 Posts
I finnaly bought a diff drop kit for my truck (from peak) and I installed them today. What looked like a 30-40 min job took me 3 hours for some stupid reason. Didnt help I couldnt lift the truck nearly high enough. my skids hang down lower than Id like, and made it much tighter than i wanted, and my jack refused to go higher.... Aside from that funshow, I also installed my Axe and Spade holder on my mollyrack in the bed. Dont have any pics of the diff drop though. too tight to get a good angle so i gave that up...

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I purchased my Z71 Colorado in 2016 new.....kept the truck 98% stock, as this is my last truck in retirement.

So, after 4 years, I have decided to make a few changes.....3 months ago got my bed sprayed....

Today, I added a metal 4x4 emblem to the tail gate..( I removed the sticker 4x4 the day I brought it home).

Since we don’t have ambinent lighting, I added usb ambient light to the rear and front USB ports, the same color as the dash lights.....aqua.......

I also changed out the fugly arm rest with a leather one.

In a few years, I will remove the fugly 2 tone coin pattern upholstery and replace it with the black leather found in the 2020.

When I die, and someone ask what year is my truck, just start singing Johnny Cash One Piece at a Time.....

View attachment 396407

View attachment 396408

View attachment 396409
Where did you source those USB interior lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2020 Z71
77 Posts
FINALLY got my side assist steps mounted. Between all the smoke and ash from the big local fire, then an inch of rain, 4" of snow, and 30* temps for a few days, yesterday and today were the first nice days I've had to finish this up.

Considering this is the first set of these I've ever bought and installed. I think the installation came out fine. The supplied hardware is typical Chinesium, all tossed in a big bag so the threads can get dinged up, so I spent some time with a rethreading tap and die set on more than a few nuts and bolts. The instructions aren't the clearest, but better than some I've seen, and the second one went on in half the time the first one did.

The best part is my Sweet Little Wife pronounces them as "Excellent". And even though she had no problems getting in and out before, she now sees how much easier it is, and better for wintertime when you might not have the best footing.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Diesel
54 Posts
Removed this
119175969_3233320313383381_4968954023914715956_o.jpg

Then filled up with Diesel and drove to High Rock Bay MI, past the end of US41. Very glad I took the air dam off first, I probably would have severely damaged it or the bumper otherwise.
DSCF1287.JPG

Got to see a pretty sunset atop Brockway Mtn
DSCF1345.JPG

And the big dipper
DSCF1409.JPG

And then I looked up.
DSCF1422.JPG.jpg

All said and told, a pretty spectacular day!

·
Registered
2021 Canyon AT4 4x4
5 Posts
UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover
Installed a undercover ultra flex tonneau cover today. Nerf steps next week. View attachment 396491
FINALLY got my side assist steps mounted. Between all the smoke and ash from the big local fire, then an inch of rain, 4" of snow, and 30* temps for a few days, yesterday and today were the first nice days I've had to finish this up.
View attachment 396602

View attachment 396604

View attachment 396603

Considering this is the first set of these I've ever bought and installed. I think the installation came out fine. The supplied hardware is typical Chinesium, all tossed in a big bag so the threads can get dinged up, so I spent some time with a rethreading tap and die set on more than a few nuts and bolts. The instructions aren't the clearest, but better than some I've seen, and the second one went on in half the time the first one did.

The best part is my Sweet Little Wife pronounces them as "Excellent". And even though she had no problems getting in and out before, she now sees how much easier it is, and better for wintertime when you might not have the best footing.
Looks great, I'm waiting on a set now. Shipping is taking longer than anticipated.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Removed this
View attachment 396600

Then filled up with Diesel and drove to High Rock Bay MI, past the end of US41. Very glad I took the air dam off first, I probably would have severely damaged it or the bumper otherwise.
View attachment 396601

Got to see a pretty sunset atop Brockway Mtn
View attachment 396605

And the big dipper
View attachment 396606

And then I looked up.
View attachment 396609

All said and told, a pretty spectacular day!
What are you taking night sky pictures with? I'm interested in finding an affordable addition to my kit to capture better-than-smartphone shots. It's sad to come back from a trip where I can see the milky way and have pictures of essentially black sky, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Diesel
54 Posts
What are you taking night sky pictures with? I'm interested in finding an affordable addition to my kit to capture better-than-smartphone shots. It's sad to come back from a trip where I can see the milky way and have pictures of essentially black sky, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I'm using a Fujufilm X-H1 with a Samyang 12mm F2 manual lens (surprisingly cheap lens that works excellent for night sky). Those shots were a 30 second exposure, ISO 12800 with the lens at F2.8 and 'infinite' focus. I set the camera on a tripod, set a 2 second shot delay, and let it do it's thing. The last image has been mildly edited in that I adjusted the color levels and contrast a bit to get it to pop a bit more. I've only had the camera since July, got it used off eBay and have been very happy with it. If you get a camera with Image Stabilization, make sure you turn it off for night sky! It'll try to 'stabilize' the star movement, which just doesn't work.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2021 Canyon AT4
12 Posts
Installed some LED bulbs into my AT4, and absolutely loving how it looks. The kit was on a decent sale on Amazon, and included all 4 bulbs needed for low and high beams. Fit is perfect, quality was great, obviously better light output, and the headlights now match the DRL strips and the fogs. 9/10.

Color isnt nearly as blue in person as it is in the pictures. Sealight H11/9005 LED kit if you want the name. 14000LM total, 3500 each bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Z71
49 Posts

Got some tie rod protection and a rear leaf spacer to fix my ghetto lean. Also have a front 1/4 to add on top of my strut to fix front lean. Driver side is 1/2 lower than passenger and its drives me nuts. Even after the eibach kit install etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had my battery replaced under warranty. Couple of weeks of slow starts then yesterday, no start. Hit it with my jump box and took it to the dealer. Diagnosed as a bed cell and replaced for free.

Truck is 2 years old and has 16600 miles on it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Where did you source those USB interior lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
two different sources... I also got a 90degree usb plug that would allow down light for the rear usb, then used an adjustable usb plug that allowed me to adjust the front usb light slightly upward to light the entire console...there are a lot of options, just google automotive usb ambient lights.

USB Plug-In Miniature LED Car Interior Ambient Lighting Kit Used theses for rear down light
and
Amazon.com: OzniumX USB Ambient Light for Tesla Model S/X/3 - (2 Pack), DC5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light, Car LED Interior Lighting Kit, Adjustable Brightness, 8 Color Changing Decoration: Automotive Used these for the front light

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
124 Posts
18161 - 18180 of 18263 Posts