Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

18141 - 18160 of 18264 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 dbcb
37 Posts
Put my Bakflip F1 on yesterday. Very happy with the price and service from Real Truck. Installation was pretty easy, the instructions were ok, watching a couple YouTube videos helped. I used the supplied shims under the bed cap at the clamp locations but they pushed out some on torquing the clamps, I'll see how it holds up to rain and adjust if needed. It was almost dark but I did get a few pictures. View attachment 396363 View attachment 396364 View attachment 396365 View attachment 396366
I have the same cover. It's going to leak in both front corners. Not the covers fault. The design of the front of the bed being lower than the rails makes it almost impossible to seal. Its also going to leak across the entire tailgate seal. This is Bakflip's fault. The lip on the cover should be 1/2" longer. All three ridges on the tailgate seal don't touch the lip. Doesn't bother me because i want expecting waterproof. Just a place to lock away stuff while parked in town. Dry goods rode in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 dbcb
37 Posts
Homemade rig for carrying plywood and other 8 ft sheets in 5 ft bed.

Two 16" long 3/8" turnbuckles and four 5/16" quick links. Top link lips around stud. Bottom link locks into tailgate lock. Put your 59.5" support boards in the bed pockets. Lay the sheets on top of the supports and the tailgate. Adjust the turnbuckles until the load is resting on the tailgate but not supported by it. Works great! Had the same set up on my tacoma with different hardware. Didn't have any scrap to demonstrate so you will have to either trust me or try it.

It extends the rear most support about 30" and extends the bed at pocket height about 16". It also sits below the tailgate detent so no worries about the tailgate accidentally falling off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just curious. I simply take the cable that holds the tailgate and loop it over the bolt you have the top of your thing hooked to. Works for me. What's the difference?

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 dbcb
37 Posts
Just curious. I simply take the cable that holds the tailgate and loop it over the bolt you have the top of your thing hooked to. Works for me. What's the difference?
Doing what you suggest will work.... But... The top of thetailgate is above the back support indent. The payload is supported at the front and the tailgate. No where in between. My setup has three contract points in parallel

·
Registered
202 Posts
Recently installed an Elite Engineering E2 catch can (@~60k miles). Even after ~500 miles of highway driving this thing collected close to a tablespoon of fluid.. Wishing I would have done this earlier, but better late than never.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the same cover. It's going to leak in both front corners. Not the covers fault. The design of the front of the bed being lower than the rails makes it almost impossible to seal. Its also going to leak across the entire tailgate seal. This is Bakflip's fault. The lip on the cover should be 1/2" longer. All three ridges on the tailgate seal don't touch the lip. Doesn't bother me because i want expecting waterproof. Just a place to lock away stuff while parked in town. Dry goods rode in the back seat. View attachment 396410
View attachment 396411
I got mine waterproof by putting a self adhesive weatherproofing seal across the rear bed rail that bridged the gap between the plastic caps on the side rail. Between that and a tailgate seal I rarely ever get water in my bed...

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,734 Posts
I have the same cover. It's going to leak in both front corners. Not the covers fault. The design of the front of the bed being lower than the rails makes it almost impossible to seal. Its also going to leak across the entire tailgate seal. This is Bakflip's fault. The lip on the cover should be 1/2" longer. All three ridges on the tailgate seal don't touch the lip. Doesn't bother me because i want expecting waterproof. Just a place to lock away stuff while parked in town. Dry goods rode in the back seat. View attachment 396410
View attachment 396411
I got mine waterproof by putting a self adhesive weatherproofing seal across the rear bed rail that bridged the gap between the plastic caps on the side rail. Between that and a tailgate seal I rarely ever get water in my bed...
Here is a good one the seals the front of the bed to the cover:

Access Element Seal Kit | Seals Front of Tonneau Cover

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Diesel
54 Posts
Today was day 2 of ownership.

Installed the Husky Liners (front and rear), discovered they sent me 5 stock floor mats with the truck. One was doubled up in the back. Also found some extra plastic trim pieces and a really cruddy penny under the rear seat.

Attempted to install my Banks iDash. Realized I have no idea how to mount the thing as the cup mount won't work.

Installed 9 BullRing retractable bed tiedowns.

New windshield wipers! Autozone's book lies, ask the person behind the counter, they knew the right one.

Trains are diesel.
My truck is diesel.
Trains used to go here.
My truck goes here.
119060293_3227871607261585_4357507698072090752_o.jpg

For the curious, this is the Centennial #6 Shaft House just north of Calumet, MI.
119159849_3227871440594935_5953221143612150382_o.jpg

Tomorrow that stupid air dam comes off. I may also install my BMS catch can if it's not raining too hard.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
My cover came with a seal for the front bed rail, but I cant install it with the drop in bed liner so gotta remove that first. This one looks better though. May give it a try instead.
just cut the lip off the bedliner, that is what I did with my previous Canyon, cut -off saw

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tomorrow that stupid air dam comes off.
In Calumet wouldn't that be a snow plow instead of an air dam? Makes me want a Pasty. Good looking truck by the way.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Diesel
54 Posts
In Calumet wouldn't that be a snow plow instead of an air dam? Makes me want a Pasty. Good looking truck by the way.
A very crappy one that will likely break off, yeah :LOL:

Dang it, now I want a pasty too.

@Savingpvtpyle , those look great. I want to something similar with mine.

18141 - 18160 of 18264 Posts