Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

17741 - 17760 of 17795 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
^. Mine aren't really "yellow" fogs..haha. Just the $10 yellow Lamix covering. But I've gone thru one winter and it's stood the harsh weather conditions and hasn't peeled off. And if it does, then I'll get the DD yellow fogs.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,582 Posts
Yeah unfortunately not. I was laid off actually the week before businesses started shutting down from Covid. My company lost two big accounts and I was the most recent hire so I was one of the ones that got the axe first.
Sorry to hear that. This COVID Pandemic has been rough for so many. Hope things turn around for you soon.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
80 Posts
You can do led bulbs and laminex film over the oem lens. Or diode dynamics I think makes some. Also baja designs has kits, sae are the highway legal ones.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I will look into these options thank you for the info.

^. Mine aren't really "yellow" fogs..haha. Just the $10 yellow Lamix covering. But I've gone thru one winter and it's stood the harsh weather conditions and hasn't peeled off. And if it does, then I'll get the DD yellow fogs.
Did the did they make a difference in the light diffusion for driving during the snow? Thats really my biggest reason for going with yellow lights.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well it wasn't so much "today" but what I've done since March because of Covid/unemployment, but here's what I've got so far.

Blacked out lettering and fog light bezel with plastidip, delete chrome around bowtie with red plastidip, sprayed recovery shackle with red plastidip since it was fading, got red mountain outline stickers from a member here, red flag magnets from Tactilian, Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover, and new set of Duratracs also from a member here. Not pictured is the Pedal Commander and Chevy floor liners both from members in the classified section as well.

Next mods will most likely be Eibach lift and GM skid plates. View attachment 394548 View attachment 394549 View attachment 394550
I have the eibachs and they are good especially for the price. If you can afford it, the new eibach coilovers (around $800) would be an easier install. If you get the eibach RHA struts, you reuse the stock perch parts. The eibach coilovers just came out, otherwise I would have purchased those instead.

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got an aftermarket spray on bedliner. Wish GM would just include it in all Colorados/Canyons
View attachment 394535
They did a nice job. Looks factory minus the chevy logo at the front. I've seen some bad spray in liner jobs but whoever did your's did a great job.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Don't think so. However, the yellow output is very evident...both when seen from another vehicle and the spread from the road. If u want more output, maybe try the Diode Dynamic yellow fogs. Thanks.
Did the did they make a difference in the light diffusion for driving during the snow? Thats really my biggest reason for going with yellow lights.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
80 Posts
Don't think so. However, the yellow output is very evident...both when seen from another vehicle and the spread from the road. If u want more output, maybe try the Diode Dynamic yellow fogs. Thanks.
I’ve got bright leds already in the housings. Was just wondering if the cover make a difference in light diffusion.
May just wait and upgrade to the DD ones later.

thanks for all the info

·
Registered
421 Posts
I’ve got bright leds already in the housings. Was just wondering if the cover make a difference in light diffusion.

thanks for all the info
I have the DD clear fogs. They are great. Some people don't like the yellow light in the snow but I have a set of yellow glasses in the truck for when things get really nasty.

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
421 Posts
Gave her a bath and went for a quick spin to try out the new K02's. They sure make a lot more noise than the stock wranglers, but man they look nice. I didn't go big, just don't want any headaches, but these should get me through just about any blizzard.

·
Registered
2019 Z71
30 Posts

thanks for all the info
I have yellow led bulbs for fogs and they absolutely make a diff in snow covered roads. They seems to struggle in the black muck compared to white though. It’s a trade off I deal with.

edit now that I reread your post I think you mean loss of light from a cover not just the yellow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had these collecting dust in my garage so I cleaned them up, blacked them out and sanded down the high spots. Installed them and took em for a spin. They feel great. I was worried they'd claw into my shoes and not allow the slight slip against my shoes like the stock pedals/covers do but these feel great.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Took off the nfab steps last week to re-sand and spray again (lasted ~2 winters).

After about 45 minutes of sanding the first set, I decided it wasn't worth the limited time I had or effort to do it again.

Chose something else. Have 1 of 2 shipments with the second package (assuming it's the brackets) expected to arrive by 9pm tonight.

Truck definitely feels and looks strange without anything there.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
419 Posts
Got my DIY Bed Rack/Spare Tire Carrier sanded and painted and put back on the truck. I really need to have it all welded instead of bolted and powder coated rather the paint, but it's solid. I doubt if the cheap rattle can paint holds up, but for now, it's preventing rust. I can still easily remove the diy tonneau cover and access the tool box with ease. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the tire mount fabbed up. The end caps will be here Tuesday and I'll get those installed on the tubing when I get home next Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
550 Posts
Got my DIY Bed Rack/Spare Tire Carrier sanded and painted and put back on the truck. I really need to have it all welded instead of bolted and powder coated rather the paint, but it's solid. I doubt if the cheap rattle can paint holds up, but for now, it's preventing rust. I can still easily remove the diy tonneau cover and access the tool box with ease. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the tire mount fabbed up. The end caps will be here Tuesday and I'll get those installed on the tubing when I get home next Friday.
If you were close I’d be happy to weld that up for you. I like and respect homemade truck parts.(y)

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4x4
59 Posts
A good confirmation dyno session today.

2016 Colorado LWN 2.8L Duramax
ADP Carbon Fiber Intake
43mm VGT Upgrade
ADP MAP Upgrade
ADP EFI Live Tuning
We baselined our truck with the stock turbo tuning in it to start and measured 221whp/412wtq. Our previous test truck saw 225whp/415wtq on the same tune so we're going to call that consistent.
With the max effort tune loaded we achieved 270whp/460wtq. This is the same tune you can achieve well into +30mpg mark and daily drive.
Stock LWN Dyno [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP LWN Dyno [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP LWN 43mm [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP Tuning Gains +78whp/120wtq over stock
ADP 43mm/Tune Gains +123whp/165wtq over stock
Max Boost Pressure Measured was 38psi
Max EGT Measured 1414F
Max EOT 203F
Max CAC1 301F
Max MAT 116F
Ambient Temp 91F

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Today I finally installed some skids and a bumper to my truck.. I bought all of the ZR2 Bison Skids and rear bumper and installed them today. i was going to install my midwest overland front bumper and winch but held off due to having no real way to remove and reinstall the factory z71 fender flairs safely. that and I ran out of time.. I was mainly helping my friend who owns a custom fab shop. (he did most of the work sadly) All in all I love how the new rear bumper sits on the truck...The parts came from AEV directly. Overall installed really easily. Had an issue with the transfer plate skid becasue they sent the wrong bolts... i needed m10 30 1.5, the send some odd ones at m12 dome 30 1.5 bolts... Got some grade 8 bolts to replace them. One thing to not.. the skids are SUUUUUUUPER light. for steel they way so very little but seem so strong compaired to normal aluminium, or conventional steel plates. Also becasue I have a 2016 truck had to drill the frame to get them to work, Boron Steel plates are REALLY hard to drill thru and just obliterate drill bits....Had to drill a hole in the engine skid to get the plastic skid to bolt up. they send out self taping bolts and instuctions to do so, but we ended up using a bolt and a nut with washers, since the steel was not co-operating...

Attachments

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
419 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rented some DIY garage space, got my front Eibach RHAs on at 2". Very slow going, first time doing any of this so didn't get to my rear shocks or add-a-leafs on as planned. Perfectly level without them, though I miss having rake. Feels phenomenal on road, nothing has fallen off yet. :p
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1596305708070.jpeg image-20200801_132843.jpg

17741 - 17760 of 17795 Posts