Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

17721 - 17740 of 17795 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm not sure why it would matter since the system is lug-centric, using tapered lug nut to center the wheels. Unless your lugs are replacement and not tapered.
Believe me, lug centric or not, it matters. The lugs never get it perfect.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hub Rings explained:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Made an appointment to get the shudder checked out, hopefully it can be handled no issues.
Got the truck back from the dealership, they were able to replicate the shudder and did the fluid flush and replacement. Will need to put more miles on it to be sure of course, but so far the transmission feels smoother and Im not getting the shudder anymore.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got Weathertech floor liners and vent visors:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quick question, do these eliminate the dreaded pressure waves when more than one of the windows are just “right”- meaning almost every position except closed?

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,582 Posts
quick question, do these eliminate the dreaded pressure waves when more than one of the windows are just “right”- meaning almost every position except closed?
Depending on how sensitive you are to the pressure wave. You will always notice it if you have uneven pressure caused by one side opened and counter balance. You in essence cause a vacuum and depressurize the cabin in comparison to the outside of the vehicle.

Explained: That Weird Throbbing When You Open One Car Window

How to stop that irritating thumping sound your open car window makes

Since sound is nothing more than waves of pressure, this makes noise. ... The vortices keep pressing on the air in your car just at the right time to make big pressure waves that we can feel and hear. The technical term for this effect is the Helmholtz resonance, though car people call it "side window buffeting".Oct 21, 2013

Why Do Slightly Opened Car Windows Make That Awful Sound?.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Finally got with the times and installed LED reverse lights. Broke both of the top clips holding in the tail lights. Fark are those tight. Anyhow, pretty happy with the brightness for $25. Tried to take a picture. It was just glare. ¯\ _(ツ) _/¯

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I haven’t noticed any pressure waves. I’m also not sensitive to them though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well it wasn't so much "today" but what I've done since March because of Covid/unemployment, but here's what I've got so far.

Blacked out lettering and fog light bezel with plastidip, delete chrome around bowtie with red plastidip, sprayed recovery shackle with red plastidip since it was fading, got red mountain outline stickers from a member here, red flag magnets from Tactilian, Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover, and new set of Duratracs also from a member here. Not pictured is the Pedal Commander and Chevy floor liners both from members in the classified section as well.

Next mods will most likely be Eibach lift and GM skid plates.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well it wasn't so much "today" but what I've done since March because of Covid/unemployment, but here's what I've got so far.

Blacked out lettering and fog light bezel with plastidip, delete chrome around bowtie with red plastidip, sprayed recovery shackle with red plastidip since it was fading, got red mountain outline stickers from a member here, red flag magnets from Tactilian, Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover, and new set of Duratracs also from a member here. Not pictured is the Pedal Commander and Chevy floor liners both from members in the classified section as well.

Next mods will most likely be Eibach lift and GM skid plates. View attachment 394548 View attachment 394549 View attachment 394550
Really like those flag magnets, never heard of Tactilian before but like what they're about. Think they'll last? Seen too many weak magnets fall off of vehicle bodies.

·
Registered
450 Posts

Next mods will most likely be Eibach lift and GM skid plates.
You still not working?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Finally changed the cabin air filter. At 33k it was way over due and very dirty. Funny thing is I bought that filter when I bought the truck, procrastination is a real problem sometimes I guess. :)

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
419 Posts
Started fabrication on my overland bed rack/spare tire carrier. I had about 30 feet of 1.5" square tubing given to me and decided to go for it. Two 36" pieces mounted to the top of the bed sides with 4 - 5' runners across the bed. Weighs about 35-40 pounds as it sits. Going to pull it off tomorrow and sand and paint it gloss black or maybe bed line it. I really want the top runners to be slick enough to slide the spare on and off though. I've got to get the tire mount figured out. Probably going to use a couple of eye bolts running through the runners to tighten the spare tire down. I've got some miscellaneous brackets laying around may fab up a shovel carrier and get it out of the toolbox. I'm going to keep my traction boards mounted in the bed and out of the sun and sight. I'm fixing to go on Amazon and order 1.5" square tubing plugs and soak the inside of the pipes with wd40 after I paint the rack and seal the tubes up with the caps. More to come in the next couple of days.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pretty much last mod for this year. Truck came out exactly what I had planned for when I bought it. Installed the Rough Country fender flares today.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really like those flag magnets, never heard of Tactilian before but like what they're about. Think they'll last? Seen too many weak magnets fall off of vehicle bodies.
They seem pretty strong. I just took them through an automatic car wash and they stayed on. We'll see how they last over time but they seem pretty sturdy so I'm happy with them for now. Every few weeks I take them off and wipe everything down with a cloth to make sure nothing is trapped underneath that could scratch the paint if they were to move around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You still not working?
Yeah unfortunately not. I was laid off actually the week before businesses started shutting down from Covid. My company lost two big accounts and I was the most recent hire so I was one of the ones that got the axe first.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
80 Posts
Pretty much last mod for this year. Truck came out exactly what I had planned for when I bought it. Installed the Rough Country fender flares today.
View attachment 394563
Thank you for posting this. I been eyeing up those flares for a while now. Saw them on another members Colorado and they looked good. Been wondering how they would look on the Canyon. With this photo I am pretty much sold on them. Now just gotta wait for the cash to come in. Its on the way just taking time haha.

By the way, what are you using for the yellow fog lights? I wasn't originally planning on going yellow but after all the reading up on how good they are in the snow and all the snow we get in PA I figured it might be a good idea to go yellow.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah unfortunately not. I was laid off actually the week before businesses started shutting down from Covid. My company lost two big accounts and I was the most recent hire so I was one of the ones that got the axe first.
Man I hope you find a new job soon. Sounds like it don't matter much cause your still spending up a storm on the truck...glad to hear you are in a good place.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I been eyeing up those flares for a while now. Saw them on another members Colorado and they looked good. Been wondering how they would look on the Canyon. With this photo I am pretty much sold on them. Now just gotta wait for the cash to come in. Its on the way just taking time haha.

By the way, what are you using for the yellow fog lights? I wasn't originally planning on going yellow but after all the reading up on how good they are in the snow and all the snow we get in PA I figured it might be a good idea to go yellow.
You can do led bulbs and laminex film over the oem lens. Or diode dynamics I think makes some. Also baja designs has kits, sae are the highway legal ones.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

17721 - 17740 of 17795 Posts