Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

17321 - 17340 of 17450 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
139 Posts
Just thought some of you might appreciate this:
I've been seriously considering getting that...

Just need to get the wife on board.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Swapped out my KM bronze wheels with these Moto Metal 970s.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Did you hear about the sale? Everything on clearance!

Boom! goes the dynamite!

Real talk though... The install was relatively easy, the lower bracket needed a bit of prep work to sit flush. Hardest part, by far was removing the old brackets. Plasma and some 36grip flap wheels are your friend! Prepare to get rained on with sparks. Still need to flex it out and assess wheel spacers though. I have a set of BORA 1.25" that I ran before the 35's, so ya.

IMG_20200627_073240.jpg
IMG_20200627_114424.jpg
IMG_20200627_090331.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Installed a set of Timbren rear axle bumpers for towing and a Banks DataMonster. The bumpers work very well towing my boat. The DataMonster gives me a lot more information that GM won't let me see on the DIC.

Install for both was pretty simple although finding a good route for the DM wiring is a bit tricky without drilling a hole in the dash. Not too concerned about hiding it completely, though, so I just ran it along the dash to the left side cover. Definitely need to learn what all the pids mean and what they are telling me.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
492 Posts
Had to check torque on a bunch of bolts. Never found the source of my “thud” though.

6FA6BF9C-A786-4EA0-9C84-C5245DD27F55.jpeg

E97801A5-0AF5-4D88-BE1D-4B39C82F0C53.jpeg

Those who look close may see a damp spot on the front of my skid plate. Found a leaky transmission hose fitting. I hate those swaged end fittings that GM simply loves.

·
Registered
697 Posts

Boom! goes the dynamite!

Real talk though... The install was relatively easy, the lower bracket needed a bit of prep work to sit flush. Hardest part, by far was removing the old brackets. Plasma and some 36grip flap wheels are your friend! Prepare to get rained on with sparks. Still need to flex it out and assess wheel spacers though. I have a set of BORA 1.25" that I ran before the 35's, so ya.

View attachment 392934 View attachment 392937 View attachment 392938
I so wish that fit non zr2

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts

Boom! goes the dynamite!

View attachment 392934 View attachment 392937 View attachment 392938
What is this?

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
69 Posts
Made this little switch panel. Saw some other people do it so I gave it a shot and it came out looking pretty good imo. I used the trailer brake controller piece instead of the card holder. Also I haven’t hooked up the fog light switch as that project is for another day. Made the mistake of running the rocker switch power from a dimmable power source in the headlight switch(yellow wire). At medium to low dim it doesn’t give out enough power to run the relay. When the dim is all the way up it works fine. I need to go back and do my homework and find a better wire to splice in to.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I so wish that fit non zr2

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
It's all about wheel spacing. Stack some 1.5" spacers with zero offset wheel and you're there. Ya, your tires will stick out, but your shocks won't be in the way......

What is this?
589 Fab rear shock relocation. Moves the shocks outboard of the leaf springs and tucks them about 2" higher. No more getting snagged on the shock mounts while offroading or mall crawling.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I have that catback on my 2019 crew cab V6 Colorado. Its great just like you said go to Borla website and you can watch a video of it on a Colorado and it sounds exactly the same. No drone but really nice rumble, surprisingly for a V6. I got mine from Amazon which was a lot cheaper shipped then Borla direct. BUT none of my hangers would line up properly. My excellent muffler shop had to cut every one off and reweld them as he went along installing it. It was no big deal but don't know why they were off. I contacted Borla and they wanted me to take pictures and to send the exhaust to them. I told them that would just be way to much hassle since we already had re-welded the hangers so it would fit properly.
That's weird - I wonder if you got the right system because my hangers lined up perfectly - which impressed me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's weird - I wonder if you got the right system because my hangers lined up perfectly - which impressed me.
I thought the same but the part numbers on the box matched the part numbers that Borla sells. Borla did tell me that it could be possible that the wrong one was shipped in box thats why they wanted it back. But all the curves etc. were exact just the hangers were offset just enough not to fit hangers without re-welding them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gave Bruiser and his new wheels a hand wash before the humidity & sun kick in. Definitely a fan of the Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax if anyone is searching for a good bucket wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
After 16 months of ownership, finally got the skirt removed!! Tedious 1 hr job but totally worth it. However, still some rubbing with my new MotoMetal wheels on the waffle at full lock so will have to borrow some tools and do the 'waffle trim' next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,399 Posts
I thought the same but the part numbers on the box matched the part numbers that Borla sells. Borla did tell me that it could be possible that the wrong one was shipped in box thats why they wanted it back. But all the curves etc. were exact just the hangers were offset just enough not to fit hangers without re-welding them.
Sounds like the new guy did the placement of the hangers and no one quality checked it. Or maybe it was made on a Friday, and everyone was thinking of the weekend.

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
Changed rear Differential Oil on Saturday. Would have been done in 15 minutes, but I, and I knew better because this was second time I changed it, but for some dumb reason I was thinking I olny needed 1 quart. Cleaned up and went and bought second quart using the wife's wheels, then finished up the job.

I also ordered a replacement FOB case from AJT. I carry my FOB in my pocket when it is not in the ignition. The information was totally rubbed off all of the buttons, but the rubber coating delaminated and ripped to boot now. Ordered it in black with a set of red & gray buttons. Probably looking at 7-10 days for delivery. Hopefully it will not be too bulky in my pants pocket.

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sealed up the back wall after being bare and open for over a year with rockville sound deadening and some leftover aluminum substrate panel. Gained several inches of extra room over the curvy factory back panel. Built a new fridge mount and found out my fridge is fkd. I knew something was up, but confirmed she's pulling about 10x the power of normal operation. Yes, my battery monitor is off and my battery is pretty low (12.4 is not 99%), but that 6.2 amps is accurate. Perfect timing as I'm going out for 5 days next weekend. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Haven't quite decided what I wanna do with that space on the passenger side... I used to have a big plywood board going across the entire length. Maybe I'll just build a box with a hatch on top. 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_20200628_140935.jpg
IMG_20200628_140131.jpg
IMG_20200628_140237.jpg
IMG_20200628_144719.jpg

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you were closer I'd gladly let you swing by and borrow mine for your upcoming trip. I have the same model.
Thanks! We will have another on the trip, plus a cooler. And I have a backup cooler as well. We should be covered! Gonna try to diagnose this and see if it's something repairable.

17321 - 17340 of 17450 Posts