Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

16901 - 16920 of 17481 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trifecta tune! Holy crap the truck is totally different feeling...at least according to my "seat Dyno". Much more responsive, shifting is smoother, 0-60 clearly faster. Red light start resulted in traction control coming on and me saying "Ok, calm down truck". Also, I used to have a weird transmission issue before the tune as I left my driveway...I think as it shifted to 2nd gear too quickly as I was turning out of the driveway...that is gone.

Thanks to Trifecta for assisting me with the configuration download issue from their website.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Colorado, crewcab long box, 2.8L Duramax, Shadow Metalic Grey. 2" level kit
33 Posts
Threw on some solid rurock flaps to extend the factory gm splash guards. Red accent lettring to match the z71 emblems

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Curious as to why you would want to spend $400 to gain 15 hp (IF you use 91 octane fuel) and void your drive train warranty. Most of the increased
Trifecta tune! Holy crap the truck is totally different feeling...at least according to my "seat Dyno". Much more responsive, shifting is smoother, 0-60 clearly faster. Red light start resulted in traction control coming on and me saying "Ok, calm down truck". Also, I used to have a weird transmission issue before the tune as I left my driveway...I think as it shifted to 2nd gear too quickly as I was turning out of the driveway...that is gone.

Thanks to Trifecta for assisting me with the configuration download issue from their website.
Curious as to why you would want to spend $400 to gain 15 hp (IF you use 91 octane fuel, less if you do not.) and void your drive train warranty. Most of the increase you are "feeling" could have been done with a Pedal Commander w/o voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Loaded a couple kayaks up top and proceeded to get them wet.
I wasn't sure whether to back down the ramp until the truck was submerged to float them off - or just carry them down the ramp.
After weighing the merits of both approaches I decided on the latter.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Duramax
42 Posts
I ripped a 30ft pine tree right out of the ground. 4wd low just off idle did the trick. Now the "fun" of chipping up a mountain of branches.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So cute! I'm in line to be in the same boat. Considering buying a camper shell so the dog is still cozy... gonna have to do something I think. Congrats. Which seat did you go with?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's the Chicco Keyfit 30. It's got all the features but not as expensive as some of those bougie brands. It's still good from the last kid - see the other seat on the other side.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Curious as to why you would want to spend $400 to gain 15 hp (IF you use 91 octane fuel, less if you do not.) and void your drive train warranty. Most of the increase you are "feeling" could have been done with a Pedal Commander w/o voiding the warranty.
I like to tinker and it's my money (which I actually spent on the Elite). :) I actually took the truck to get it's 7500 mile service right after the tune and they didn't mention anything.

I did research the pedal commander and many comments on it are "Why get the pedal commander when you can get a tune for about the same price?" and so I went with the tune.

Spend your money how you like sir...I know many on here have done a Trifecta tune which is where I got the idea.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I like to tinker and it's my money (which I actually spent on the Elite). :) I actually took the truck to get it's 7500 mile service right after the tune and they didn't mention anything.

I did research the pedal commander and many comments on it are "Why get the pedal commander when you can get a tune for about the same price?" and so I went with the tune.

Spend your money how you like sir...I know many on here have done a Trifecta tune which is where I got the idea.
Of course it's your money, and you may set it on fire for all I care. My point is that many owners buy tuners not realizing that they void the drive train warranty (not just the engine, but the trans, transfer case and axles as well), In some cases, buyers are misled by tuner producer's claims that their tuner is not detectable, which is NOT TRUE. I myself have used them on other trucks, but I knew the risks, which at the time, due to my job, were somewhat mitigated for me. I would not use one now, especially for so little gain. I sincerely hope you never experience any issues.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Did a little camping, MTB, mushroom hunting, wheeling, and beer drinking over the weekend. Ended up with enough morel mushrooms to cover the gas.
seasons been over here for over a month, those would have been good on the fire with some fresh caught trout

·
Registered
489 Posts
Took an extra long weekend with the lady on the sierra eastside. Trying to climb some peaks, but ended up just having some big day adventures. The bergschrunds were a little much for her. Im too dumb to be scared.
Hit Big Pine creek, hiked a 15 miler, next day drove up George Creek, did the mega near-bushwack for 8 of the longest miles ever. The Book describes It as a difficult cross country route. It is but ive got it wired. You must cross the creek over a dozen times eitheron logs, hopping rocks or just Walking thru the darn creek. Rest day then up to old army pass to spot golden trout, cant fish for them till 7/1. so nice, no people out there Except at big pine.

Our route up george creek, indiana jones style bushwack. hiked toward mt barnard, was a 14er until resurveyed at 13,990. Nobody goes up there, its rad. Behind mananzar internment camp. Ive found remnants bivys from escapees up there, little one night camps With leftover old japanese bottles and artifacts. Awesome peaks up there, buckets of solitude.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Canyon Denali 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel
24 Posts
Kinda boring, but I reworked the first aid kit I carry under the rear seat. I had one I had moved from a prior vehicle that was more of a home FAK, but very well stocked, and way too bulky. (I want more storage free'd up for other things.) I now have one that's more of a basic personal trauma kit, with less comfort aid stuff, and more focus on dealing with stopping bleeding and stabilizing someone. If we go camping or hiking we always have a wilderness FAK with us in our gear.

16901 - 16920 of 17481 Posts