·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
158 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Edition
12 Posts
Picked up a used 2019 Z71 Trail Runner Edition. Almost new with 6K miles on it, love it so far. First couple things: Ordered some cabin LEDs to make it a bit brighter for my old eyes, printed an organizer for the center console (SLT here Chevy Colorado Console Tray Coin Holder by JeffAvery ), removed the front air dam to keep from tearing it off and removed the badging (still on in this pic). Next step will be a good wash and wax before it gets taken out to the hills and to replace the fog light bezels with black ones.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
158 Posts
Picked up a used 2019 Z71 Trail Runner Edition. Almost new with 6K miles on it, love it so far. First couple things: Ordered some cabin LEDs to make it a bit brighter for my old eyes, printed an organizer for the center console (SLT here Chevy Colorado Console Tray Coin Holder by JeffAvery ), removed the front air dam to keep from tearing it off and removed the badging (still on in this pic). Next step will be a good wash and wax before it gets taken out to the hills and to replace the fog light bezels with black ones.

View attachment 391399

View attachment 391400

View attachment 391401

View attachment 391402

View attachment 391403

View attachment 391404
Welcome to the Trail Runner club! It's a great package isn't it?

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Edition
12 Posts
Welcome to the Trail Runner club! It's a great package isn't it?
Thank you. Yes, I am very happy with it. Bought it at a Ford dealership so they were itching to get rid of it ha, ha. Traded in my 2WD Frontier that I REALLY liked but it was a bit antiquated on the inside, and I really wanted 4WD. Did some digging and landed on this truck/package combo as a great start that would not take a lot of upgrades I could not do myself. Looking forward to working through some of those over the next few months.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
395 Posts
So I pretty much live out of my truck and I keep a large tote in the bed under the tonneau cover. Everytime I drag the tote out, I scratch up the bottom inside portion of the tailgate that isn't bed lined. I went and bought my trusted Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Aerosol and taped off that portion of the tailgate and rough sanded the paint. To my surprise, I found the Rust-Oleum for [email protected] They now offer an HD Aerosol, but I've used the standard stuff with many projects and loved it. After prep, I laid down the first coat of bed liner only to find out that this wasn't my trusty go to. The standard bed liner now has so little grit that it's more of a reflective metallic look. Goes on thin like regular spray paint. After 20 or so coats, I'd barely built up a mm of thickness. I've now realized that Rust-Oleum has switched to a cheap, good for nothing bed liner ish kind of substance. Hence the new lower price. I'll be redoing this in a week or so with the HD Bed Liner they now offer. I suspect it is the old stuff (which was great) in a more expensive can. Anyway, I think with a good bed liner, this should fix the scrapes and scratches at the bottom of the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hope the sun shines when you need it. Back elk hunting one year, the sun never shown, the water coming off the mountain was warmer then the solar shower. Good think the stream was deep enough.
The first night the low was 25°. The shower didn't freeze completely but did freeze up a bit at the metal spicket for sure. We dropped down to 6000ft from 8500ft and continued to our next camp site with the desert sun high above the whole drive. After setting up camp and collecting some fire wood I hooked my compressor up to the shower and enjoyed hose like pressure and a good rinse. It worked rather well and was warm enough to be comfortable for sure.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Per usual, used the ol' WT to carry my MTB!
I haul my old Mt bike about every 3rd day, it is a 1996ish Trek 9000 with a Judy Shock in the front that still works, weighs about twice as much as my Litespeed C1R. I have a carpet in the bed so I just lay the bikes down, we do have a multiple bike carrier too

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I haul my old Mt bike about every 3rd day, it is a 1996ish Trek 9000 with a Judy Shock in the front that still works, weighs about twice as much as my Litespeed C1R. I have a carpet in the bed so I just lay the bikes down, we do have a multiple bike carrier too
Nice! 20+ years with one mountain bike that’s my goal!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Added some flair

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Added some flair

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Mind me asking what fender flares those are? I like that the rivets (which I assume are fake) aren't huge in your face chrome things. Sweet decals too! I think coordinate decals are so cool but I could never pick the spot to list haha

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mind me asking what fender flares those are? I like that the rivets (which I assume are fake) aren't huge in your face chrome things. Sweet decals too! I think coordinate decals are so cool but I could never pick the spot to list haha
Think they are called bushmaster or something. I painted all the rivets pre install

Reactions: bumbletruck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Reactions: Curler20p
16881 - 16900 of 17511 Posts