Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

16861 - 16880 of 16943 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Installed my diy solar shower to the rack in prep for an Eastern Sierras camp trip.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Hope the sun shines when you need it. Back elk hunting one year, the sun never shown, the water coming off the mountain was warmer then the solar shower. Good think the stream was deep enough.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Well, after 3 years with my Canyon, I finally made the trade up to the Sierra. Picked up a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0 Liter Duramax.I'm going to miss my Canyon but this truck is loaded. Looks like there will be a Canyon available for sale in Wasilla, AK soon.
My Favorite color on the full size. Enjoy the truck, I've been to Wassilla

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
340 Posts
Project Blackout has begun. Removed the cheesy red Z71 stickers and replaced with Black/Chrome Z71 emblems. Added a small Black/Chrome Z71 tailgate emblem and Black/Chrome Tailgate Bowtie. Waiting on 3 sets of Black Colorado Emblems, Black lug nuts, black hood deflector, black Weathertech window deflectors and doing research on an led bull bar (next new topic, lol). The wife saw an RST package at the dealer and loves it, so we're going all black trim on her Summit White Z71!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Installed the Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock.
The hardest part was routing the wiring under the truck. I zip tied it along an existing wire loom. Oh, and digging through the mass of wires under the threshold trim to find the brown with yellow stripe and grey wires. Once they were located, the rest is pretty easy.
It works as advertised.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Installed the twin arb compressor in the dead space under the passenger side of the decked system in the bed of the truck, in front of the wheel well. Then mounted and plumbed all the lines to a tank that's mounted on top of the decked system behind the driver side. It got dark so no pictures but here's what I'm working with.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Installed the Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock.
The hardest part was routing the wiring under the truck. I zip tied it along an existing wire loom. Oh, and digging through the mass of wires under the threshold trim to find the brown with yellow stripe and grey wires. Once they were located, the rest is pretty easy.
It works as advertised.
I felt the same way with routing the wires. Great addition that should be stock.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
50 Posts
Today, I drove it for the first time in two weeks as I was out of town. I also did the hood flutter fix mod and installed the Datin Shock Skids. For the hood flutter, I found it was a lot easier to install the plastic tubing in the existing seals if I cut an angle in the end and used a little water. Good to go.

The Datin Shock Skids were easy to install, took me all of 30 minutes, 20 for the first skid, 10 for the second. No lift needed and I did it by myself. They look and feel really solid. Here's to hoping they do their jobs.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
614 Posts
Today, I drove it for the first time in two weeks as I was out of town. I also did the hood flutter fix mod and installed the Datin Shock Skids. For the hood flutter, I found it was a lot easier to install the plastic tubing in the existing seals if I cut an angle in the end and used a little water. Good to go.

The Datin Shock Skids were easy to install, took me all of 30 minutes, 20 for the first skid, 10 for the second. No lift needed and I did it by myself. They look and feel really solid. Here's to hoping they do their jobs.

Dang that's CLEAN under there! : )

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 3.6L V6
19 Posts
@Hunter62 They are a brand called offroadtown I got on amazon for around 30 bucks. Spot and flood combo I'll leave a link. I had the bumper off while installing the RC 3.25 combo lift kit. I had to cut out holes in the metal of the bumper. I was hoping to only have to cut the plastic part of the step. But it would not fit that way. So I cut the bumper. As far as wiring goes. A while back i installed led strips in the bed for cargo lights from the factory connector underneath the driver's taillight. So for these all I did was tap into the positive of that connection and ran a ground to a post on the frame. It's all controlled by the factory cargo light switch in the cab. Which is perfect because I can use them in P R and N. But once i shift into drive they will automatically cut off. So I don't accidentally blast some one behind me.
That's the way the circuit is wired from factory. That circuit is also fused and has a timer, so you don't have to worry about draining the battery. I wired the 2 lights in parallel then to the connections on the truck.
@Y E T I I do not have parking sensors. Like I mentioned earlier I already had the bumper of to replace the brackets on the bumper for the RC kit. I had to cut the metal out of the bumper where I wanted the lights. Then they just bolted into the frame. It was all pretty simple the only thing I saw when I put mine in was the license plate bulbs go into the housing was just a little tight with the pod lights in there. But not a dealbreaker and everything works just fine. I'm very happy with how they turned out

·
Registered
331 Posts
Updates updates

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Today's work

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

16861 - 16880 of 16943 Posts