Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

16821 - 16840 of 16943 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Really curious about how this turns out for you, my gut says to wait 30k miles and the end of the drive-train warranty before doing something like this but if it's a true night and day difference maybe it's worth the risk to do it early (I'm only at about 5k right now, so I expect 1.5-2 years until warranty ends).
Got the Trifecta installed a bit ago and can't "really" tell much of a difference. Buuuuut.... The truck is on 35's with stock gearing, a TON of extra static weight (~900#) and fully loaded for a 9 day camp trip (maybe another few hundred #'s).

Speedometer is back in sync and the truck feels like it's a bit "lighter" even with all the weight. I'll see how she does on the trip. Gonna be approx 1500 miles.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Got the Trifecta installed a bit ago and can't "really" tell much of a difference. Buuuuut.... The truck is on 35's with stock gearing, a TON of extra static weight (~900#) and fully loaded for a 9 day camp trip (maybe another few hundred #'s).

Speedometer is back in sync and the truck feels like it's a bit "lighter" even with all the weight. I'll see how she does on the trip. Gonna be approx 1500 miles.
Enjoy the journey. Sounds fun. Let us know how it goes... thats a lot of baggage, ha. Happy trails.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Enjoy the journey. Sounds fun. Let us know how it goes... thats a lot of baggage, ha. Happy trails.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Putting in my last graveyard and shift at my current job role, as we speak. Then its 450+ miles out to Cedar Mesa to check out the Moon House on Friday. Excited. Gonna be all over the East/South East of Utah and maybe hit the Rim Rocker Trail and drop through Ouray for some Alpine Loop. Plans are very loose as I start the new position on June 1, so we'll see how she goes. :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Drove her up George Creek to see if the water and snow will let me and the lady try for Mt Barnard this mem day weekend. Its always been a desolate place, hopefully it will still be that way when i return. only went into 4 low on the way down due to the camper weight. Only one slightly challenging section To get to camp/trailhead.
958FE1BB-924F-4FAB-98B2-E8292EF464FE.jpeg

·
Registered
128 Posts

Appreciate it! Have fun on the trip, sounds like a doozy!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Put on my big boy pants.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Hot damn, looks great! Really looking forward to your impressions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
432 Posts
I lost a little bit of gear lube during my park brake project so I topped my transfer case off with the green stuff.

6103D72A-B87E-4FB4-9018-D5748AFFDC92.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
432 Posts
Wish I had a picture but I got lucky today. I was taking my truck out for a test run and saw a Budweiser delivery truck stuck in some soft ground. He got blocked in and tried to turn sharp but ended up in some grass.

Pulled him out (he just barely needed a tug) and got a free 8 pack of 16oz cans. Bud Light isn’t my go to beer but the price was right.

16821 - 16840 of 16943 Posts