Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

15641 - 15660 of 18293 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
At 11,400 mile on my '16 got the oil & filter changed, tires rotated and brake fluid flush. Service advisor said Chevy recommends a brake fluid flush at 45,000 miles but at that rate I'm going that would be 12 years. I believe in brake fluid service every three years regardless of mileage.

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Have you noticed any significant tire tread noise in the cab? I spoke with another Colorado owner today, and he told me the noise from his "medium aggressive" all terrain tires was very annoying,...to him. Your Falken tires look pretty awesome, though.
The AT3W is a quiet aggressive AT.

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the RC 2” leveling kit. No rubbing on full right turn the tire is verrrry close to the sway bar but no hits!
This surprises me.
Everything I have read pointed to the opposite.
I was looking at the 255 flavor (~$142), but I believe this seals my decision.

(2016 Z71, RC 2" as well)

·
Registered
18 Posts
This surprises me.

I was thinking the same thing. I had a friend who just said "lets get the bigger tire, we can cut the waffle to help with rubbing" but we never needed it!

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
This surprises me.

A lot depends on the specific alignment of each vehicle.

Reactions: overpakd

·
Registered
487 Posts
Took it to the dealer to get the CEL sorted out. Code was for the particulate sensor again which would explain the **** fuel mileage I’ve been getting recently. He did a little digging and this is the 3rd time I’ve had an issue with it. We think it’s actually a loose electrical connector.

They’ve ordered a new one and we’ll see if that takes care of the code. Evidently they just had the same issue on another Duramax and a new connector solved the problem.

I’m glad he decided to dig a little deeper. Good service reps are hard to find! But that’s why I drive 30 miles and passed a different Chevy dealer to go to that one.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado WT Extended Cab 4x4
169 Posts
Went up the mountain today to play in the snow and break-in my new Toyo Open Country AT II tires. Discount Tire mounted the new Toyo's on a set of stock 17 inch LT wheels I picked up on craigslist from a local seller earlier this week. My pre-owned truck came with a set of stock 16 inch aluminum wheels and the Goodyear Wranglers, an option for the WT model. Discount purchased those 16 inch tires and wheels and applied the funds toward the new set of tires. So, I figured it saved me about $240. Not a lot, but I really didn't want to deal with storing that set and then trying to sell them on craigslist. I take a loss, but they also took them off my hands. So, everybody wins. Sort of.

I've purchased Toyo Open Country tires before (this is my 3rd set) and they seem to do really well in mud and snow, and they are pretty quiet. The Discount Tire salesman talked me into the P265/70/R17 size, which is a full inch taller than the stock LT tires, but he told me they would fit with no problem, and they would give me a little more ground clearance, and he was right! I like them so far.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I got underglow led lighting... My daughter is embarrassed...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You Sir, are a nut! Hahahahaha! Got to love it!

Reactions: 3mtsparky

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
I got underglow led lighting... My daughter is embarrassed...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Just call them rock lights and you'll be instantly vindicated.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Went up the mountain today to play in the snow and break-in my new Toyo Open Country AT II tires. Discount Tire mounted the new Toyo's on a set of stock 17 inch LT wheels I picked up on craigslist from a local seller earlier this week. My pre-owned truck came with a set of stock 16 inch aluminum wheels and the Goodyear Wranglers, an option for the WT model. Discount purchased those 16 inch tires and wheels and applied the funds toward the new set of tires. So, I figured it saved me about $240. Not a lot, but I really didn't want to deal with storing that set and then trying to sell them on craigslist. I take a loss, but they also took them off my hands. So, everybody wins. Sort of.

I've purchased Toyo Open Country tires before (this is my 3rd set) and they seem to do really well in mud and snow, and they are pretty quiet. The Discount Tire salesman talked me into the P265/70/R17 size, which is a full inch taller than the stock LT tires, but he told me they would fit with no problem, and they would give me a little more ground clearance, and he was right! I like them so far.

View attachment 385459

View attachment 385460

Notice any rubbing issues yet? I'm looking to upgrade my tires to the biggest possible but don't want any rubbing issues.

·
Registered
169 Posts
...Notice any rubbing issues yet? I'm looking to upgrade my tires to the biggest possible but don't want any rubbing issues...
No rubbing. I specifically asked the tire sales guy if that would be an issue, and he then asked me if I planned on lifting or leveling the truck. When I told him I didn't plan on either a lift or level, he said they would fit. I believe that a tire size more than 1 inch taller than stock, will affect the odometer speeds and maybe some other drivetrain electronics, but you are probably aware of that already. A 1 inch difference (either taller or shorter) seems to be the cut off for staying close to the stock set-up numbers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
No rubbing. I specifically asked the tire sales guy if that would be an issue, and he then asked me if I planned on lifting or leveling the truck. When I told him I didn't plan on either a lift or level, he said they would fit. I believe that a tire size more than 1 inch taller than stock, will affect the odometer speeds and maybe some other drivetrain electronics, but you are probably aware of that already. A 1 inch difference (either taller or shorter) seems to be the cut off for staying close to the stock set-up numbers.

I wonder if they would rub with my zone 1.25" level....

·
Registered
169 Posts
...I wonder if they would rub with my zone 1.25" level...
Hmm...not sure. You may want to ask the forum members for help in the "2nd Gen Tires, Wheels, and Suspension" section. I'm sure someone else has that set-up or has asked about it before. A 1.25" level doesn't seem like a lot, so you may have several tire size options that will work for you. Let us know what you decide on. I'm interested. (y)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Changed oil at 22k. Its my 4th oil change. Also changed out the last chrome emblem to black...the bowtie.

15641 - 15660 of 18293 Posts