Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

15601 - 15620 of 15836 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Installed my cali-raised off-road mid-height overland rack today. Everything wen together pretty perfectly, only needed a few washes to fill the space between the foot brackets and bed wall. Used the factory holes in each stake pocket.

This thing is unbelievably rigid and only weights about 55lbs.

Sent from my Galaxy note 8 while driving with my knee and using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 4cyl 2.5

I was running a check engine light for about a month for an o2 sensor. Started to idle rough in gear last night so I got around to swapping out the upstream o2 sensor which was pretty easily accessible through the driver side wheel well.
Replaced the 4 spark plugs which were also just as easily accessible, runs smooth again.

The o2 sensor, special socket, 4 spark plugs and an air filter was around $150 from auto zone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Scratched up the @RelentlessFabrication front bumper on Copper Cache trail just outside Boulder City NV. Truck did amazing for just a leveling kit and a bunch of added weight (F&R Relentless bumpers with lights and winch, camper shell, fully loaded drawer, ARB fridge). Bumper did its job. Stocker would have been gouged to death. Next up is 35's because I need more clearance. Got hung up on the shock skids and pumpkin several times. Underside took a fair amount of scrapes as well.

View attachment 385239
I'm assuming you're aware, but it looks like you crushed your skid plate bracket. 😬 That's why I got the 589 Fab support bracket. It looks to be way easier to crush than you'd think based on the posts I've seen.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Installed my cali-raised off-road mid-height overland rack today. Everything wen together pretty perfectly, only needed a few washes to fill the space between the foot brackets and bed wall. Used the factory holes in each stake pocket.

This thing is unbelievably rigid and only weights about 55lbs.

Rack looks great! I love mine too. I keep meaning to send them a list of the extra spacer parts for the foot brackets. I needed about 3/4" extra for the feet to really sit flush on the bed rail. Definitely a super solid rack for a bargain compared to some others on the market.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm assuming you're aware, but it looks like you crushed your skid plate bracket. 😬 That's why I got the 589 Fab support bracket. It looks to be way easier to crush than you'd think based on the posts I've seen.
Ya, I'm aware. That happened a couple months back. Have the 589 skid mount hanging in the back yard from painting. Didn't have time to install before this trail run. Luckily I didn't hit that spot again, just everywhere else. 🤣 Those 589 shock skids definitely saved my shocks. I was literally stuck on them. And no damage was seen. A diff skid might be in my future too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Rack looks great! I love mine too. I keep meaning to send them a list of the extra spacer parts for the foot brackets. I needed about 3/4" extra for the feet to really sit flush on the bed rail. Definitely a super solid rack for a bargain compared to some others on the market.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah it was a out 3/4" for the rear brackets and 1/2" for the ones closest to the tailgate. I'm gonna tell Cali raised about it and hopefully they can add some spacers to the kit for future customers

·
Super Moderator
4,056 Posts
Spent the weekend snow wheeling/camping. You know it's a good time when you have to winch yourself off the track into a campsite. :)

We lucked out and got these random guys to pack down the "campsite" with their giant tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Scratched up the @RelentlessFabrication front bumper on Copper Cache trail just outside Boulder City NV. Truck did amazing for just a leveling kit and a bunch of added weight (F&R Relentless bumpers with lights and winch, camper shell, fully loaded drawer, ARB fridge). Bumper did its job. Stocker would have been gouged to death. Next up is 35's because I need more clearance. Got hung up on the shock skids and pumpkin several times. Underside took a fair amount of scrapes as well.

View attachment 385239
bumber looks great, can you show a zoomed out picture please? also since you lose the front two hooks with this what is the plan for being pulled from the front? The winch? My stock bumper did get gouged up pretty good this weekend at Superstition in Anza Borego.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
bumber looks great, can you show a zoomed out picture please? also since you lose the front two hooks with this what is the plan for being pulled from the front? The winch? My stock bumper did get gouged up pretty good this weekend at Superstition in Anza Borego.
Thanks! The bumper has two built in D-Ring mounts for recovery. You can see them in this pic. The rear bumper has them too. I actually had to give that 4Runner behind me a gentle tug using that point. (see the strap around his bumper)

I went to Anza Borrego in 2018 with my Tacoma, but didnt do anything crazy. Just some sight seeing and Diablo's dropoff. I definitely want to go back and do more "fun" stuff, but 35's need to happen.

IMG_20200118_162316.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gave her a quick wash on the way into work early this morning, this my best opportunity following quite the brutal cold spell here of late (near -40 on both scales). You can see the other “little” thing that I’ve recently added, windshield tint “eyebrows” as I’ve come to call them. Never thought that I’d go for such a thing but so far I might lean towards always having this done.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went in for my free oil/rotation & had them look at a grooved front drivers side rotor that I may have “embellished” the pedal vibration on a bit. Needless to say it was nice having the dealer resurface both front rotors under warranty without any hassle whatsoever.
IMG_4908.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I assume there are no cooling issues even though the new skid has no openings for air flow?
Not yet but I live in Canada so it's a bit frigid at the moment lol. The ZR2 skid doesn't have openings either so I'm not really worried about it

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ordered some saddleman neosupreme seat covers after the buddys dog poked a hole in the center arm rest I was contemplating covers anyways to save on the wear and tear but that put me over the edge. Thanks @RealTruck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Two sets of 589 fab steps installed by a good buddy of mine, one on his black zr2 and one set on my canyon.

15601 - 15620 of 15836 Posts