Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

15561 - 15580 of 16300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,178 Posts
E-bikes... Why? :cry:
Kid doesn't like climbing and I have ME/CFS so climbing really hurts, for the next three days. If I'm going to suffer from a ride I'd rather it be from downhill fun. :) Besides, they are fun as hell!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kid doesn't like climbing and I have ME/CFS so climbing really hurts, for the next three days. If I'm going to suffer from a ride I'd rather it be from downhill fun. :) Besides, they are fun as hell!

View attachment 385150
If you have ME/CFS I'm surprised you can ride at all. Good on you for getting out there, but tell your kid to ride more and play less video games. :) Who is riding the non-motored bike?

·
Registered
321 Posts
E-bikes... Why? :cry:
If I'm going to suffer from a ride I'd rather it be from downhill fun. :) Besides, they are fun as hell!
I've been considering an e-bike for exactly this reason.. I am completely capable of climbing, and currently that is how I ride. An e-bike would probably allow me to fit two laps in after work (before sunset) instead of just one, as well as make some of the trails that really require a shuttle more accessible for the days I ride alone.

I don't think anybody should have to justify riding one.. do what is right for you, respect the trails and their users, and get out more, no matter your method!

EDIT:

..I had to look up some reviews on that eMTB, as I wasn't familiar with that one; the review intro seemed very appropriate:

You know those flat escalators that seem to go on for miles at the airport helping busy travelers get places as efficiently as possible? There are people who choose to lay low and rest while letting the escalator do the work and others walk or even run taking full advantage of the additional boost the escalator is providing. In the past four months of riding the Wire Peak all over the beautiful state of Utah, I feel like I have had the advantage of a proverbial moving walkway out on the trails, allowing me to see more, do more, shred more and enjoy the sport I love so much.

..what I don't get, is why anyone wouldn't want one.. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Just picked up my truck today after having my dealership put in my heated steering wheel. Parts a coil ($77) wheel ($252) and 1 hour of labor ($95) total cost w/taxes $445!

First impressions: AHHHHHHH!

Gusto!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Swap out oil for 0w-30 synthetic.
I think it actually calls for 0-40 but funny thing is I literally did it the day before it didn’t start. Just gunna plug her in and let it buck I don’t drive it 16-20 days a month as I’m usually away for work, hopefully the cold snap is done by then.

·
Super Moderator
4,178 Posts
I've been considering an e-bike for exactly this reason.. I am completely capable of climbing, and currently that is how I ride. An e-bike would probably allow me to fit two laps in after work (before sunset) instead of just one, as well as make some of the trails that really require a shuttle more accessible for the days I ride alone.

I don't think anybody should have to justify riding one.. do what is right for you, respect the trails and their users, and get out more, no matter your method!

EDIT:

..I had to look up some reviews on that eMTB, as I wasn't familiar with that one; the review intro seemed very appropriate:

..what I don't get, is why anyone wouldn't want one.. :unsure:
Pretty much everyone I know who has ridden a good one totally gets it and if they have the means they buy one. I know a lot of enduro and DH racers that added one to their quiver for the exact reason you described. I'd ride one even if I didn't have a health issue. My wife owns the black Wire Peak and the grey La Sal Peak. She alternates between them and races on both of them.

I'm also an admin and writer for MTBR so I've read all the ebike hate over the years. I went out and tried one before throwing out my opinions. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pretty much everyone I know who has ridden a good one totally gets it and if they have the means they buy one. I know a lot of enduro and DH racers that added one to their quiver for the exact reason you described. I'd ride one even if I didn't have a health issue. My wife owns the black Wire Peak and the grey La Sal Peak. She alternates between them and races on both of them.

I'm also an admin and writer for MTBR so I've read all the ebike hate over the years. I went out and tried one before throwing out my opinions. :)
It's not hate from my end. And I personally have 3 very expensive mountain bikes so it's not like I don't have the means to buy one (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that's maybe an unintentionally condescending comment on your part). I think if there are legitimate health reasons, great. As someone who moved to Colorado from Ohio who was overweight and out of shape, I started mountain biking, lost 50 lbs, and changed my life. I could have ridden an e-bike (if they existed back then), but I suffered, got fitter, and got faster. I think that e-bikes (for the vast majority of people) are another unfortunate case of Americans being lazy and wanting it easy. Each generation gets more obese and lazier. People are only robbing themselves of the legitimate gains in health by turning a fitness activity into an escalator. You wouldn't go to the gym and have the weights lift themselves would you? What's next, self-propelled e-running shoes?

I LOVE the downhill, but there is something incredibly rewarding reaching the top of a difficult climb, and getting faster each subsequent time. I personally wouldn't want to cheat myself of that. It's like saying you summitted Everest, but someone carried you on their back half of the way. To each their own, but that's all I'm going to say about it since this is a truck forum.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It's not hate from my end. And I personally have 3 very expensive mountain bikes so it's not like I don't have the means to buy one (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that's maybe an unintentionally condescending comment on your part). I think if there are legitimate health reasons, great. As someone who moved to Colorado from Ohio who was overweight and out of shape, I started mountain biking, lost 50 lbs, and changed my life. I could have ridden an e-bike (if they existed back then), but I suffered, got fitter, and got faster. I think that e-bikes (for the vast majority of people) are another unfortunate case of Americans being lazy and wanting it easy. Each generation gets more obese and lazier. People are only robbing themselves of the legitimate gains in health by turning a fitness activity into an escalator. You wouldn't go to the gym and have the weights lift themselves would you? What's next, self-propelled e-running shoes?

I LOVE the downhill, but there is something incredibly rewarding reaching the top of a difficult climb, and getting faster each subsequent time. I personally wouldn't want to cheat myself of that. It's like saying you summitted Everest, but someone carried you on their back half of the way. To each their own, but that's all I'm going to say about it since this is a truck forum.
...try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back...that and other weirdness in this post.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone in need of some summit white door handles, chrome fog light bezels or gold bow ties?
I might be interested in the door handles, can you pm me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here is the link to the ones I got:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That looks like a pretty good deal! Could always try this. It's a little less work and the price is ok too. Can't believe those emblems are that cheap though.

15561 - 15580 of 16300 Posts