Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

14601 - 14620 of 14852 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Changed my air filter yesterday evening, got it from o'riley ' s with military discount $48.00. After 32000 miles the original was pretty dirty with leaves parts and such. Will get better gas mileage and more power now.lol.
20190914_200015.jpg

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
50K service pt. 2:
Changed motor oil
Changed Rear Diff oil
Rotate rubber (I rotate each oil change)
Needs another rear leaf U-bolt tightening , will do later.

·
Super Moderator
3,411 Posts
Took her out exploring. Stayed a night at a random road side campsite near Union Valley Reservoir then met up with a group from OverlandBound and we headed up the Tahoe side of the Rubicon and camped at Richardson Lake for the weekend. Pics coming.

Not a bad spot to camp.

View from the tent sucks though...

Good ol' crawfish boil

Sourdough Hill 7,976ft. ASL. The Rubincon Trail winds its way through the valley below.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had the oil changed and tires rotated. Drives like a new truck now lol. Those goodyears must have pretty lousy sidewalls, the outside edges on the front were worn down a good almost quarter inch (Tread pattern nearly smooth) compared to the back which were pretty square across the width. My old truck I was able to get away with rotations every 20k... I think I'll be doing it every oil change on this... I also don't think I'm going to get 100k out of these tires either... :LOL:

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Had the oil changed and tires rotated. Drives like a new truck now lol. Those goodyears must have pretty lousy sidewalls, the outside edges on the front were worn down a good almost quarter inch (Tread pattern nearly smooth) compared to the back which were pretty square across the width. My old truck I was able to get away with rotations every 20k... I think I'll be doing it every oil change on this... I also don't think I'm going to get 100k out of these tires either... :LOL:
I rotate every oil change. Got 70K from OEMs, replaced with Michelins and probably could have gotten 80K easy, but Goodyears had lousy weight pavement traction after 10K. Michelins feel mucho better.

Got a nail in a tire at 18K, took it to Discount Tire where I purchased the tires for repair. The guy there couldn't believe I already had that much mileage on the Michelins.

Only thing I can say is I rotate at each oil change, and I run about 37 - 39 PSI average as opposed to recommended 35 PSI.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I rotate every oil change. Got 70K from OEMs, replaced with Michelins and probably could have gotten 80K easy, but Goodyears had lousy weight pavement traction after 10K. Michelins feel mucho better.

Got a nail in a tire at 18K, took it to Discount Tire where I purchased the tires for repair. The guy there couldn't believe I already had that much mileage on the Michelins.

Only thing I can say is I rotate at each oil change, and I run about 37 - 39 PSI average as opposed to recommended 35 PSI.
My OEs actually came filled at 37. Lowest I've seen them on the DIC is 35... They usually run about 38 when warm. (y) Wet traction is nothing to write home about... Dry traction is pretty bad too honestly lol. I've put the thing sideways way more than I'd like to admit...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed a 2" level kit over the weekend, and new shoes today! Went with Falken Rubitrek 265/70R17's on the stock wheels. Only had 4k miles on the stock Goodyear A/T's, but wanted a little taller, more aggressive tire, and got a great deal at Discount Tire. Very happy with the look, and the performance off-road should be an improvement over stock. The 2" level put the front about 1/2" higher than the rear, but I anticipated that and have 1" blocks coming in the next day or two to fix it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oil Change today.

Nothing fun to report.

- P

·
Super Moderator
3,411 Posts
Installed a 2" level kit over the weekend, and new shoes today! Went with Falken Rubitrek 265/70R17's on the stock wheels. Only had 4k miles on the stock Goodyear A/T's, but wanted a little taller, more aggressive tire, and got a great deal at Discount Tire. Very happy with the look, and the performance off-road should be an improvement over stock. The 2" level put the front about 1/2" higher than the rear, but I anticipated that and have 1" blocks coming in the next day or two to fix it.

View attachment 380242 View attachment 380243
That's the first time I've seen anyone running the Rubitrek (exclusive to select tire retailers) in here. Curious to hear your thoughts after 10k miles or so. They look good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are you going to install it yourself? Would love to hear how the install goes for you...Planning on getting one soon myself.
Yes, i'll be installing myself. It should arrive sometime next week. If i remember, i'll try to grab some pics (absolutely horrible at this) and tips on the install. I'll drop the tips/pics in a relevant thread and @ you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dropped it off at the dealer last night. The driver's seat foam is not as full as the passenger.
My dash has a few rough spots. (Service loaner) so they are going to try and make them look better. If not I will live with them. I am not going to have a dash rattle. It's not worth the risk.

·
Super Moderator
3,411 Posts
I used it to bring home landscaping materials and plants. Then with all of the unseasonal rain and snow falling in the Sierra I made a meme. :smilingimp:

http://instagr.am/p/B2kCSYuBG4E/

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's the first time I've seen anyone running the Rubitrek (exclusive to select tire retailers) in here. Curious to hear your thoughts after 10k miles or so. They look good.
Honestly, I didn't even know the Rubitreks existed until Saturday. I wasn't planning to change tires until I wore out the stock tires, but when I walked into Discount Tire for an alignment, they had a stack of Rubitreks by the counter. I mistook them for Wildpeaks, but the manager corrected me and explained the difference. By the time my alignment was done, I had scoured the web for anything I could find on them, and decided to order a set. I'll be sure to provide some feedback down the road a few miles. My initial opinion after a whole 35 miles is good. They ride well on the highway and aren't very noisy. Looking forward to testing them in the sand on Saturday.

14601 - 14620 of 14852 Posts