Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

14561 - 14580 of 14616 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I didn't do anything today but GM did! Drove in to work just now and the "system update" message came up on the display. Parked it and it began updating..have no idea what's it's for.
Mine had an update this morning too. Nothing seemed different afterwards.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Color matched OEM flares! I think they fit great with the extra track width of the ZR2 swap. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture looking straight down the side.

I was supposed to get the keypad entry installed too, but the dealership said that GM is less than hasty about getting the programming code for the BCM back to them, so they’ll call me and do it another day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First official "Mod"... Minus one airdam. Only took about an hour, would have been much faster if my "low profile" screwdriver thing was actually low-profile. Pretty neat how big a difference it makes visually.

Next up: trying to decide on some running boards and a canoe carrying solution.

Thinking a Thule Traverse setup with a goalpost-style hitch rack. This combo would also allow for very easy lumber transportation, as well as the option to get extra wide crossbars to carry two side-by-side...

I was originally thinking just the hitch with the corny cheapo strap-in-the-cabin "rack" but after seeing one in person I think I would like a more semi-permanent solution, we canoe weekly so it would be nice to be able to just "toss it up".

·
Registered
11 Posts
First official "Mod"... Minus one airdam. Only took about an hour, would have been much faster if my "low profile" screwdriver thing was actually low-profile. Pretty neat how big a difference it makes visually.

Next up: trying to decide on some running boards and a canoe carrying solution.

Thinking a Thule Traverse setup with a goalpost-style hitch rack. This combo would also allow for very easy lumber transportation, as well as the option to get extra wide crossbars to carry two side-by-side...

I was originally thinking just the hitch with the corny cheapo strap-in-the-cabin "rack" but after seeing one in person I think I would like a more semi-permanent solution, we canoe weekly so it would be nice to be able to just "toss it up".
I've got a goalpost hitch rack and a Darby Turbo rack on the cab. It's just the "strap thru the cab" type but I don't like having a rack up there when I'm not using it. Only takes a minute to take on and off so it's pretty convenient

·
Registered
96 Posts
Installed these awhile ago, Amazon $7.00 a pair. They have stainless steel eye bolts. I painted that part black. They don't fit in the lower holes though. View attachment 380023
Yep. I used those to mount some Superstrut. You have to bend the plates to get them to fit the bed contour around the lower holes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could be a security only patch. You know to keep the Russians from taking control of your truck ;). Actually it would be nice if there was a log or website that detailed updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got the update and took the time to read the details. Looks like it fixes they stupid climate system messages, cool. Also the memory thing might be helpful. I have run into issues running Spotify and Waze if a call comes in it locks up sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Got the update and took the time to read the details. Looks like it fixes they stupid climate system messages, cool. Also the memory thing might be helpful. I have run into issues running Spotify and Waze if a call comes in it locks up sometime

I take it I would need to have WiFi for these updates to occur?
If I do not have WiFi, how can I get the updates?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes would need wifi. I would think you could get a dealer to update them. I wonder if there is a way to force the updates through a USB stick.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
A few things for my truck today. Picked it up from the dealer after having the Torque Converter replaced, changed the windshield wipers and removed the pinstripes. Below is a picture with half the stripe removed and a full side with it completely removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a goalpost hitch rack and a Darby Turbo rack on the cab. It's just the "strap thru the cab" type but I don't like having a rack up there when I'm not using it. Only takes a minute to take on and off so it's pretty convenient
You sold me. After adding up all the parts for the Thule setup (approx $500) I decided there are countless better ways to use that extra $450. I do wish that GM offered the roof rack on the US models. Confounding they didn't at least use the cab roof with the punch outs.

At any rate, ordered my goalpost hitch rack, hitch tightener, and removable roof rack bar yesterday :)

14561 - 14580 of 14616 Posts
About this Discussion
14.6K Replies
1.8K Participants
5678ta
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing