Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

14521 - 14540 of 14606 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking at the same, glad I went with the 255/75. I am going check how much more room there is for 255/80

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Move up inside and let the brown go blue.. err.. black.

Brown Acadia wheel, about to be black.

First run drying from Feibings Pro Dye Black:

Up close color:

So looks like the Feibings Pro dye works on plastic, too. I couldn't find that anywhere on the web. Made things easier just applying dye to the whole wheel, and buffing with a dry cloth. No dye transfer from the plastic with a wet wipe, so far so good.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Mo black, mo betta.

Tonight's project, part the first:

Some of you guys want body colored flares, well, on the Cyber Grey, the flares are already too close to matching colors, so I wanted a darker contrast, black it is.

Still haven't used three quarters of the bottle. One weakness this stuff has on plastic is alcohol. Re-solubilizes the dye, since it is suspended in ethyl alcohol. You can wipe some of it right off if that comes in contact, but you can water it, rub your hand on it, and no dye will transfer when dry. Neat stuff.

For some reason, dudes in late model F150s are damn near breaking their necks to check out Alaskan Grey of late. Thought one guy was going to crush his cigar against the glass he was eyeballing so hard.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Walmart and Amazon are both advertising Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in the 265/70/17 flavor for $126.
My DiscountTire agreed to price match.
Looks like I found some new rubbers!

EDIT: looks like these will rub with a 2" level, but wont on stock height z71?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Walmart and Amazon are both advertising Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in the 265/70/17 flavor for $126.
My DiscountTire agreed to price match.
Looks like I found some new rubbers!

EDIT: looks like these will rub with a 2" level, but wont on stock height z71?
Great price! Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
76 Posts
No raz-mataz here .... but I shot the undercarriage with an 90/10 mix of mineral oil and mineral spirits. Got it up inside and outside the frame rails and behind the bumpers. I had this down pretty well with my first gen but it's going to take a few tries before I feel that I hit everywhere that needs it. Every truck I've owned had frame rot issues over time. The mineral oil trick seems to keep the rot at bay.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Let the kid have his first ever experience behind the wheel of a vehicle be on the beach. Sure beats an empty parking lot somewhere. :)

http://instagr.am/p/B2HvlKinXOj/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Found the clunk in my front end while installing tie rod sleeves. Wasn't UCA, LCA, bearings, struts, or outer tie rods.

It was a LOOSE INNER TIE ROD. Loose, like i could have unthreaded it without taking the boot off.

Traditionally, there is a retaining washer bent over the end that prevents the tie rod from unthreading. There was none on the passenger side of my ZR2. While i haven't checked the drivers side, i'll put money down it does not have one. Had to throw the ole pipe wrench on her and snug her down before today's outing. Excuse my language, but that's fucked. I'll be having a chat with Chevy sometime this coming week.

So, if you cant find your clunk, check your inner tie rod.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Poor bump stops...
20190908_142137.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Uhhhh, wtf? Yep, that airdam is gone.
“Had to use the blue wrench but the air damn is gone”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts

I didn't do much other than give the truck a bath. I did more work on the Trailblazer than anything. Headlights were pretty hazed over. They look 90% better. Tires rotated, oil changed, I also emptied the power steering reservoir and filled it with Lucas to hopefully stop the leak.

14521 - 14540 of 14606 Posts
About this Discussion
14.6K Replies
1.8K Participants
guitarded13
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing