Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

13881 - 13900 of 14606 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wanted to do the steering wheel bowtie as well but they were very hesitant because it's small and has a lot of sharp corners. Are you planning to pop the center piece out and spray it?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I planned on spraying in place. Don't think I want to fiddle with the airbag.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I planned on spraying in place. Don't think I want to fiddle with the airbag.
I was thinking the same. Or just buy a paint pen so I can put a thicker coat of black than the Sharpie can achieve.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Bummer.

I was gonna comment the other day that the bumper looked really close but I didnt want to jinx ya.

I am curious though when you re-fit the bumper how much gap did you leave yourself between bumper and the body?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pulled up to a red light beside some Subaru SUV thing. We both took off at the same time and there was this horrendous noise that I at first thought was my turbo imploding. Turns out it was the normal operating sound of the Subaru!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pulled up to a red light beside some Subaru SUV thing. We both took off at the same time and there was this horrendous noise that I at first thought was my turbo imploding. Turns out it was the normal operating sound of the Subaru!
Subarus have a Continuously Variable Transmission (no gears) and when the throttle is floored the revs go to the redline and stays there while the transmission changes ratios.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yup, CVT is different, makes the engine rev and sound so different you might think something is wrong at first. Was driving I5 with an Ascent, switching places for a while. Thing scooted along real good, i like their new big turbo engine...cant wait for it to go into the WRX.
Driving my first cvt car weirded me out for a bit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't tried but I'm guessing you can't just pull the center piece out of the steering wheel and then snap it back into place.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I think it’s taped into place and removing it will bend it. I don’t think you’ll be happy if you take it off but inquiring minds want to know. Let us know if you’re brave enough to pull it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tie down anchors
I know that it’s not much and nothing fancy but I eBayed these (4) anchors and just installed them. I’m still intending to get some of the bull ring brand ones for some/all of the remaining 9 spots. These were damn cheap ($5 CDN each) and should do the trick. The only thing that I noticed that could be concerning is that they seem to get in the way of the 2x6 slot for the 2-tier loading. They went on fast and easy which helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
When I dropped the truck off to have it ceramic coated I talked with the owner about the hood situation and he made me a deal I couldn't refuse. This is what I should have had done to begin with. I can't wait to get it back! Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I have never noticed glare off of mine, I might have to take a look next time the sun is out...maybe it is a Florida thing

When we first tried one out, my wife asked" does that thing make it go faster?" I told her, "in my head it does" :wink2:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I haven't tried but I'm guessing you can't just pull the center piece out of the steering wheel and then snap it back into place.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

If I was a betting man, I'd say your right. If it were that easy to come off, it would make for a really good projectile should the airbag deploy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have never noticed glare off of mine, I might have to take a look next time the sun is out...maybe it is a Florida thing

When we first tried one out, my wife asked" does that thing make it go faster?" I told her, "in my head it does" :wink2:

For me, it's the time of year. Summertime is the only time I experience glare off of the back of the hood and the bowtie on the steering wheel. As far as a Florida thing, probably. The angle of the sun is different.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I added a drop-in compartment to the console for the phone and misc items. Got it on Ebay for $10 and it fits like it was OEM.

Attachments

13881 - 13900 of 14606 Posts
About this Discussion
14.6K Replies
1.8K Participants
guitarded13
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing