Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 80 of 14852 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Drove the Ice Queen from Phoenix to Tucson Az. For my Daughter's Birthday Weekend. Avg MPG with Tonneau Cover and Costco Top Teir Gas 24 mpg 75 mph. Such a comfortable ride. Listened To Prime Amazon Music thru my Bluetooth using my phone and Truck Wi-Fi Hotspot. Flawless performance of the Truck's Technology and mechanical aptitude . Tomorrow will take a trip with my family up to cool Mt. Lemmon.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Lemmon

·
Registered
600 Posts
Had the Kicker Hideaway sub installed under my back seat. I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of bass it has.
I'm thinking about getting one. Is it a big difference from stock? I keep my bass cranked pretty high, so it's pretty beefy as it is, I'm just looking for a little more punch.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one. Is it a big difference from stock? I keep my bass cranked pretty high, so it's pretty beefy as it is, I'm just looking for a little more punch.
I don't have the Bose system so I can't speak to how much of a difference it would be from that but it is a HUGE difference (imo) from the regular stock radio. The shop left it at half volume and I had to turn it down because of how much bass it gave. It goes up all the way to 11 and I'm only using it at like 2 or 3 because anything more and it feels like a bit much for me.

It's under my back seat and it makes my side and rear view mirrors shake. I can also feel it in my seat and steering wheel.

I'm going to have to replace my factory speakers as well so they can keep up with the sub lol.

Definitely recommend it if you want more bass.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Put my 10 day old WT to work for the first time (many more to come). Bags of mulch for the flower beds. Goes to Ziebarts on Wednesday night for the spray-on Rhino bed liner Thursday morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
re-read the description on my dealer's web site....

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don't have the Bose system so I can't speak to how much of a difference it would be from that but it is a HUGE difference (imo) from the regular stock radio. The shop left it at half volume and I had to turn it down because of how much bass it gave. It goes up all the way to 11 and I'm only using it at like 2 or 3 because anything more and it feels like a bit much for me.

It's under my back seat and it makes my side and rear view mirrors shake. I can also feel it in my seat and steering wheel.

I'm going to have to replace my factory speakers as well so they can keep up with the sub lol.

Definitely recommend it if you want more bass.
Sweet. I don't have the Bose either, but the stock can make mirrors shake on its own with the bass cranked up to 90%! Check out the song "Get Low" by DJ Snake off the Furious 7 soundtrack. It'll test that sub. I normally listen to rock, but the wife and daughter love the pop stuff. So if I have to listen to it, I want it to be to its full potential.

·
Registered
586 Posts
off topic but can anyone tell me if they have clear bra on both sides infront of the rear wheels? i only have it on my passenger side and it seems really odd and ridiculous i noticed today and havent had a chance to head to a dealer to check out another one

·
Registered
524 Posts
off topic but can anyone tell me if they have clear bra on both sides infront of the rear wheels? i only have it on my passenger side and it seems really odd and ridiculous i noticed today and havent had a chance to head to a dealer to check out another one

It is suppose to be on both sides. Mine is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went on a road trip to the Killeen/Austin area of Texas. Traveled 336 miles, got 23.3 MPG. Truck performed fine. The trip got me over the 1000 miles mark on the odometer. Enjoyed traveling in a new/modern vehicle. I still don't care for the seats. No lumber and very little cushion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sweet. I don't have the Bose either, but the stock can make mirrors shake on its own with the bass cranked up to 90%! Check out the song "Get Low" by DJ Snake off the Furious 7 soundtrack. It'll test that sub. I normally listen to rock, but the wife and daughter love the pop stuff. So if I have to listen to it, I want it to be to its full potential.
Yeah the stock speakers do make my mirrors shake somewhat but the sub takes it to a different level, lol.

Once you install it you'll see what I'm talking about :grin2:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yeah the stock speakers do make my mirrors shake somewhat but the sub takes it to a different level, lol.

Once you install it you'll see what I'm talking about :grin2:
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Sorry for the semi-hijack. Back to your regularly scheduled Collie thread...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Today I went to work and when I got home cleaned the bugs off the windshield and cleaned the dust off of the Tonneau Cover. Even with a Bugflector II I still hit a swarm of bees on I-10 just past Casa Grande Az. last night on the way home from Tucson. I got a lot of bug guts on the windscreen. Gross. I do not know what is worse, picking up fresh dog dung or cleaning bug guts off of the truck. Oh what a minute, NEITHER is gross. Changing baby diapers, those were not the days. Oh ya for you mileage freaks, 28 mpg cruise set at 80mph. burning 91 octane out here in the desert heat. Club membership at a shell station (away from Costco top Tier) $2.08 a gallon. Could not pass that up !

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well let's see here,
Sunday past, I washed the truck and applied paint sealer.
Monday night after work I swapped out the reverse and cargo lights with some DDM 921's.
Hopefully by Thursday I'll find the time to do the HID upgrade.

Still have to plan out and buy the LED fixtures(don't know which I'm going to go with for the reverse aux lighting but a minimum of 36 watts total rearward facing, and not sure yet which bar I'm going to install up front) and set aside a day to wire and install those.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Got the windows tinted today.

I'm not happy with the LED 941's I got from DDM. Camera interference with the reverse lights on and overall brightness,,, needs more.
I'll have to try an alternative. HID's going in on Saturday.

61 - 80 of 14852 Posts