Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
6561 - 6580 of 25019 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Installed some ZR2 skid plates. I installed the front one a couple weeks ago and just did the one protecting the oil pan today (a little late since the oil pan has a dent already).

So far so good

-mac

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Installed some ZR2 skid plates. I installed the front one a couple weeks ago and just did the one protecting the oil pan today (a little late since the oil pan has a dent already).

So far so good

-mac

Any modifications needed? I wanted to do this before but was afraid the indent in the center of the zr2 bumper would make it not fit the standard bumper.

Do you have a part number? Any other parts needed? I saw a zr2 specific "underbody splash shield" listed on my dealer site for 149, list $214. Wonder if that is it.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
This showed up the other day

EDIT: Thanks for the like @[email protected] I actually purchased this from you guys. Max helped me out. Always awesome customer service from you guys.
Thank you! Max is the man. Let me know if I can ever help you out!

Reactions: cire808

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you! They're N-fab sidesteps!
Do you have a link to the actual model, or a part number? When I look up N-fab sidesteps I get numerous products that look similar. Sorry to be a bother, but those look nice on your truck, and I would like to check the same ones out online. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: IceDiesel

·
Registered
132 Posts
Reactions: BustaLota

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon CC SLT V6 2WD, Satin Steel Metalic AKA expensive gray!
206 Posts

So far so good-mac
I see yours' is 4X, any idea if the ZR2 skid plates would fit a 2X?
Anyone else tried this on a 2X yet?
Also on the one covering the oil pan, will it need removed for every oil change?
I haven't found many Canyons/ Colorados in parking lots around here with mods that I can check out other than a few bed covers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I built a bed drawer system for the ZR2....who says you can't sleep in the back of a short bed Colorado?:)

My girlfriend and I are going on an 8 month to 1 year trip so I wanted to have a great storage system, plus the option to sleep in the back with the tailgate down if needed.

We will mostly be in a big tent, but the drawer slides out and gives me room for my feet when we want/need to sleep in the back. Girlfriend is 5'1" so the 5.2 bed doesn't bother her as much;) Going to put a mosquito net over the back for bugs and tarp for rain when needed.

I have the battery in the front left drawer and the shelf on the left side over the fender right behind the battery will be for the 2000 watt inverter I have coming. It will be hooked to the back battery which will be connected to the main battery and alternator via a Blue Sea isolator to keep it charged while driving.

Building it was not cheap. About $650 in materials not counting the electrical. $200 of that was for the industrial 48in drawer sliders. Rated at 500lbs. They are stout! So worth the money. Expensive build but so, so much cheaper then buying a premade system.

Bolted it down with two bolts though the floor and one to the tie down in the front. All mounted on rubber to absorb shock.

I had to make new tailgate cables to make the damn tailgate level as well....pain in the ass...

Over great project though!

I am a happy guy:) I feel like I have so much more space now!

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Upgraded to husky floor liners over the weathertech. Was skeptical at first but the difference is substantial and fitment is perfect. Couple pictures of them side by side and installed.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sgt_F and CrashFix

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It looks like you went from floor mats to floor liners. My GM floor liners are like those Husky ones for coverage, but the GM ones go up higher up the side of the center hump.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
It looks like you went from floor mats to floor liners. My GM floor liners are like those Husky ones for coverage, but the GM ones go up higher up the side of the center hump.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I was gonna say that too. The GM liners have better coverage than husky or weathertech. They are solid and thick too.

·
Registered
20 Posts

So far so good

-mac
Part numbers and price? Thoughts on these compared to SuperSkidz? Do you still have the factory transfer case plate installed?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Installed my Trex black billet grill. Install instructions were nice and very detailed so it was an easy step by step process. Took my time and in the end I decided not to re install the factory GMC logo on it. Also added some red LED light pods behind the grill. Hope to have them wired up for some pics tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Got my LEDs transferred over to the new ZR2 from the old z71. Helps the appearance tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6561 - 6580 of 25019 Posts