Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
26181 - 26200 of 26290 Posts

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,533 Posts
Picked up the tahoe. Check list so far... lifter tick louder then when it had a collapsed lifter. Service bill states replaced 4 lifters. Billed stated bank of lifters... SMH, at least its billed out for only the 4. This is why I work on my own ****.

Reactions: Abe17ZR2

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Picked up the tahoe. Check list so far... lifter tick louder then when it had a collapsed lifter. Service bill states replaced 4 lifters. Billed stated bank of lifters... SMH, at least its billed out for only the 4. This is why I work on my own ****.
Coming from a 3V 5.4L F150... sometimes they are just noisy.

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Coming from a 3V 5.4L F150... sometimes they are just noisy.
Nah... the AFM lifters on those gen V 5.3s are just not good. It gets worse as you drive it. None of my non-AFM V8s ever did that unless there was ~1 quart total in the sump....

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

· Registered
597 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Reactions: mpack

· Registered
2015 Z71 Colorado Crew Cab
163 Posts
Just had the dealer do an oil change, mileage was 3800 since the last one, but the diagnostic reading was around 19 percent left. Has anyone had any experience with their dealer doing service on coolant, differentials, etc? I am getting close to 50,000 miles and the dealer is recommending BG service on all the fluids. I just want this truck to last and unfortunately I don't have an area to work on it my self (apartment living does have its downsides).

While wandering the local auto parts store, I came across this Sylvania license plate mount for aux lights? Anyone have experience with it, or any thoughts? Sites-sylvaniaautomotive-Site

Also for daily driving, mix of city and some rural roads, are there any advantages to ditch lights? Or am I better off with switchback fogs and long range LED lights from Harbor Freight/Tractor Supply, etc. (As much as I like Diode Dynamics and others, my piggy bank is not that deep)

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Added some 12v power to the bed. Once it gets warmer I'll run the under seat inverter back there too. Not like I've been talking about that for almost 2 years or anything...

· Registered
216 Posts
Installed the Course Motorsports magnetic phone mount. Would have preferred the cradle as when I drive off-road not convinced the magnet is strong enough. They only sell the charging cradle as a kit, I would have to buy the non-charging cradle separately.

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle
Sky Hood Azure Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
1,256 Posts
Installed the Course Motorsports magnetic phone mount. Would have preferred the cradle as when I drive off-road not convinced the magnet is strong enough. They only sell the charging cradle as a kit, I would have to buy the non-charging cradle separately.

View attachment 440779 View attachment 440780
The magnet is plenty strong for off-roading. I've had mine on for about two years and the phone has never come loose.

· Registered
113 Posts
Installed some Coplus headlights from coloradocanyonenthusiasts. That was a rough "buy now", but man do they look good. They are a little more difficult to adjust- the screw is on the rear through the wheelwell liners. I'll get some pictures in the daytime. Light output seems much better than the LED bulbs I put in the OEM housings.

· Registered
6,651 Posts
Just had the dealer do an oil change, mileage was 3800 since the last one, but the diagnostic reading was around 19 percent left. Has anyone had any experience with their dealer doing service on coolant, differentials, etc? I am getting close to 50,000 miles and the dealer is recommending BG service on all the fluids. I just want this truck to last and unfortunately I don't have an area to work on it my self (apartment living does have its downsides).

While wandering the local auto parts store, I came across this Sylvania license plate mount for aux lights? Anyone have experience with it, or any thoughts? Sites-sylvaniaautomotive-Site

Also for daily driving, mix of city and some rural roads, are there any advantages to ditch lights? Or am I better off with switchback fogs and long range LED lights from Harbor Freight/Tractor Supply, etc. (As much as I like Diode Dynamics and others, my piggy bank is not that deep)
Unless your apartment rules forbid you from working on your vehicle, there's no reason why you can't do it yourself. I do my maintenance in my driveway which would be no different than doing it in a parking lot. You could also check to see if there are any places in your area that rent bays to DIY'ers. Outside of that, I would look for a good reputable mechanic rather than the dealer as it will usually save you money. Stay away from quick change oil places! While some are "OK", some are not and it's not worth your vehicle's health to take a chance of a place who tells you they changed the oil but didn't, or used the wrong oil and didn't change the filter. Yeah, crap like that happens.

· Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
537 Posts
Oil change and carwash today, weather finally cold enough to keep things clean

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

26181 - 26200 of 26290 Posts