Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
25721 - 25740 of 25815 Posts

· Banned
2,208 Posts
Yea, I started a thread on it, plus revised the remote key pad
20 degrees , snowing, with door open I remote started truck, since there was snow on the tonneau cover I laid key and phone in truck, put all hunting gear in truck ,wearing t-shirt, shut rear door and all the doors locked. 1.2 miles to road and 4 miles to nearest house. So I broke the rear window out. Really an excuse to get rid of the slider and install a single pane window in the back... :ROFLMAO:
Oh,yeah, sorry I forgot.

· Registered
75 Posts
My main "issues" are all related to wanting that sense of safety and "being in a trailer" feel that I used to have from my old Leer topper. With the GFC, you are basically in a ground tent but up on top of your truck. No insulation, wind flapping, no noise control in/out, and the wedge design is kinda annoying. I'm no giant at 5'9", but my feet touching the roof line all the time. I also don't enjoy the fact that you need to remove the floor to get in/out. It's a bit cumbersome. I have a Propex heater in the truck as well, and in order to use it efficiently, I need to keep one of those 25x25 panels out of the floor. If I were to ever have someone else in the tent with me, the heater would basically be useless since the heat can't really pass through the floor.

These are all extremely nitpicky "issues" and wouldn't bother most, but when I'm paying all this money, compromise is not something I want included. The Hiatus solves all that.

When I get the camper, anyone that wants to come check it out, let me know.
Ok yeah, you sold me on never getting one of those personally. I'm 6'1 so if you don't fit then I sure as hell won't fit. The removing the floor is what makes me not want it really at all and since the only times I would ever think of using it would be with my son that 100% makes it a no go.

I have some friends with some of those older travel trailers and they seem like they would fit my uses pretty well. They are pretty cheap and are not too heavy but that is later on down the line.

· Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,733 Posts
Ok yeah, you sold me on never getting one of those personally. I'm 6'1 so if you don't fit then I sure as hell won't fit. The removing the floor is what makes me not want it really at all and since the only times I would ever think of using it would be with my son that 100% makes it a no go.

I have some friends with some of those older travel trailers and they seem like they would fit my uses pretty well. They are pretty cheap and are not too heavy but that is later on down the line.
Regarding the size, you would fit. I check on the dog a lot, and end up scooching down a lot, so I slowly get closer and closer to the wedge pivot as the night goes on. The bed is essentially 90" long. A Queen/King is 80" long.

These types of setups are definitely for the frequent user. At the end of the day, get what suits your needs. My needs have just evolved over several iterations and I'm at the final boss, so to speak. 😂

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,336 Posts
That looks amazing! I would so copy you if my truck was not jet black!
Smarter than GM... they put the RST package on midnight fullsizes with the black RST stripes. :LOL: there are two people I work with that have them... one didn't know until he looked at the build sheet.

• Haha
Reactions: Abe17ZR2

· Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,733 Posts
Smarter than GM... they put the RST package on midnight fullsizes with the black RST stripes. :LOL: there are two people I work with that have them... one didn't know until he looked at the build sheet.
wait... your co-worker didn't know he had black stripes?

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,336 Posts
wait... your co-worker didn't know he had black stripes?
He took it home for the night and was reading the sheet and had to go out and check. I didn't notice until he told me... but it's also dark out when I roll up to work and I don't normally look. But yes, he drove it for a couple hours before realizing lol.

· Registered
250 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Where did you get the decal? Or is it from a large piece of vinyl and cut to fit? I really want to do that on my white canyon.

Reactions: AngryScientist

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,322 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
I changed the rear Brake Pads on the Truck today. Been 56,772 miles on them (Fronts I replaced early with only 39,329 miles on them. But I did not want to habe to change them out in the middle of the winter last year)
Only tough part was at first Driver Side Piston did not want to retract.
Driverside Rear:
Locking hubs Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Brake Pad Comparison: (Inner Pads On Top)(Driverside)
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Tints and shades

Brake Pad Comparison: (Inner Pads On Right)(Passenger)
Automotive tire Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

· Registered
2022 Canyon Crew AT4
18 Posts
I'll start with a disclaimer, I'm old school. I'm a senior, just started collecting my pension. I realize I'm older than the majority here and likely only the guys close to my age will appreciate this. Anyway, I found the side of our new Canyon just a bit too plain. I love the truck, love the look of it but I like a little bit of chrome. Not tons but to me, black needs a little chrome. I added a chrome side moulding.

If you do decide to comment on it, I'll tell you that can't hurt my feelings. If you tell me it looks like crap, it's ok. It's my truck and personally I really like what it has done for appearance! Sorry for the picture quality, I use an old phone.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

· Registered
1,429 Posts
I'll start with a disclaimer, I'm old school. I'm a senior, just started collecting my pension. I realize I'm older than the majority here and likely only the guys close to my age will appreciate this. Anyway, I found the side of our new Canyon just a bit too plain. I love the truck, love the look of it but I like a little bit of chrome. Not tons but to me, black needs a little chrome. I added a chrome side moulding.

If you do decide to comment on it, I'll tell you that can't hurt my feelings. If you tell me it looks like crap, it's ok. It's my truck and personally I really like what it has done for appearance! Sorry for the picture quality, I use an old phone.

View attachment 438004
I think it looks good, tasteful.

· Registered
6,471 Posts
I changed the rear Brake Pads on the Truck today. Been 56,772 miles on them (Fronts I replaced early with only 39,329 miles on them. But I did not want to habe to change them out in the middle of the winter last year)
Only tough part was at first Driver Side Piston did not want to retract.
Driverside Rear:
View attachment 437985

Brake Pad Comparison: (Inner Pads On Top)(Driverside)
View attachment 437986

Brake Pad Comparison: (Inner Pads On Right)(Passenger)
View attachment 437987
After replacing the rear pads on my truck a couple days ago, I understand why they don't last. The damn things are so dinky! I've seen bigger pads on bicycles!

· Super Moderator
5,322 Posts

View attachment 438004
Adds a touch of class

25721 - 25740 of 25815 Posts