Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
25701 - 25720 of 25815 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,733 Posts
New camper build got bumped up for a third time this month. Just submitted my build and should be getting the invoice tomorrow or Wednesday. 😬 About to get real broke, real quick. 😂 Pickup is targeted for Early April.

The Go Fast Camper is going up for sale right after the annual KOH trip in Feb.

· Registered
75 Posts
I looked at the price of that camper you're buying and holy **** on the price. I priced one out and it would run me damn near 30k.

· Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I looked at the price of that camper you're buying and holy **** on the price. I priced one out and it would run me damn near 30k.
I'm only getting two options, so it's "cheaper" at about $17.5k. I'm not happy about paying this much since I could make one of these myself. And I have built an aluminum camper shell with pop top roof in the past. But buying this realistically saves me probably 300 hundred hours worth of design, research, purchasing/gathering materials and building. Add in the funds from selling the GFC, and it's a wash as far as I'm concerned. I get all that time back to actually live life. That's how I justify it. This camper solves all the "issues" I have with the GFC, so that helps too. 😂

· Premium Member
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
1,202 Posts
I priced out an Alu-Cab with the options I'd want. It would be close to 2/3 (maybe more) the value of my truck!!

This weekend was the final weekend of deer season. I wasn't successful this year. Only closers get pictures, so no pictures of my truck.

· Registered
6,471 Posts
Put my winter tires on and stored the summer tires in the shed. As always, I inspected the brakes and noticed the right rear inside pad was pretty worn. Probably would have lasted until spring (maybe) but I went ahead and spent the extra 20 minutes putting on new pads. Is this the part where I'm supposed to whine and bitch about how long these pads lasted (41k)? Well I ain't gonna. I drive aggressively and use my brakes accordingly. Besides, I figure if I don't have to change them in the dead of winter, I've got nothing to bitch about. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2,264 Posts
Is this the part where I'm supposed to whine and bitch about how long these pads lasted (41k)?
No, this is the part where you bitch about GM's quality continuing existence and highlight how your Toyota only needed unicorn farts and fairy pubes for maintenance for the last 7 million miles.

· Premium Member
2,733 Posts
No, this is the part where you bitch about GM's quality continuing existence and highlight how your Toyota only needed unicorn farts and fairy pubes for maintenance for the last 7 million miles.
FAIRY PUBES?! That's what I was missing! Explains the need for "extra" maintenance when I had my Toyota. 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
10,320 Posts
Hunting season is over for me, So I completely cleaned out the truck for the first time in a couple years, found some used hot hands, and have not used them for over 3 years since I have gone to electric hand-warmers.
Pulled and cleaned the mats and vacuumed all the glass up, cleaned the interior and bed.

Now when I go boon docking like OWL did, things will not be flying and banging around. That is so much fun

· Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Hunting season is over for me, So I completely cleaned out the truck for the first time in a couple years, found some used hot hands, and have not used them for over 3 years since I have gone to electric hand-warmers.
Pulled and cleaned the mats and vacuumed all the glass up, cleaned the interior and bed.
You just described my Friday and Saturday, I even bet I'll find some hot hands buried in there. 🤣

· Banned
2,208 Posts

Now when I go boon docking like OWL did, things will not be flying and banging around. That is so much fun
Glass?:unsure:

· Registered
75 Posts
I'm only getting two options, so it's "cheaper" at about $17.5k. I'm not happy about paying this much since I could make one of these myself. And I have built an aluminum camper shell with pop top roof in the past. But buying this realistically saves me probably 300 hundred hours worth of design, research, purchasing/gathering materials and building. Add in the funds from selling the GFC, and it's a wash as far as I'm concerned. I get all that time back to actually live life. That's how I justify it. This camper solves all the "issues" I have with the GFC, so that helps too. 😂
Yeah I wouldn't want to make a camper for my truck. Saving all of that time is enough for me to go NOPE. When you finally get it installed I might have to come see it in person. I would like a camper but I think that I'm going to just buy a small camper trailer to take out into the sticks since I still want to use my bed when hunting.

What issues have you been having with your GFC?

Reactions: hoooogan

· Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2
34 Posts
Last weekend I added the missing trim piece under the hood, removed the phone charging console and installed the plain one with a pocket. Finally I gave the ZR2 and its sister a bath. I have not driven it since.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
10,320 Posts
Yea, I started a thread on it, plus revised the remote key pad
20 degrees , snowing, with door open I remote started truck, since there was snow on the tonneau cover I laid key and phone in truck, put all hunting gear in truck ,wearing t-shirt, shut rear door and all the doors locked. 1.2 miles to road and 4 miles to nearest house. So I broke the rear window out. Really an excuse to get rid of the slider and install a single pane window in the back... :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,336 Posts
Picked up my hazardous materials certifications. Then handed mom the keys so I could fix some nagging things on the tahoe. First off, for a truck costing nearly twice as much, the clarity of the backup camera is garbage. The one in the 2005 escalade was better...

Anyway, had to get a clip to fix the seat moving all around, $4.18 for an issue common with that era power seat. Doesn't seem to effect the Colorado but most of the rest of the lineup is effected. Then retrofitted a heated steering wheel because god forbid every other vehicle at the house has one and not hers. (Merry Christmas). Paid a lot of money for the clock spring for that as there are basically none available right now for that configuration. Ordered a battery because on the first 26 degree day it barely started. Then discovered that its burning oil on the manifolds because the valve covers are leaking and it's dripping oil. :rolleyes: Think that covers everything.

Oh and then she must have idled the thing for a few hours because I had half a tank left with like 40 miles driven and the average was 13 mpg. I'm honestly impressed.

· Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't want to make a camper for my truck. Saving all of that time is enough for me to go NOPE. When you finally get it installed I might have to come see it in person. I would like a camper but I think that I'm going to just buy a small camper trailer to take out into the sticks since I still want to use my bed when hunting.

What issues have you been having with your GFC?
My main "issues" are all related to wanting that sense of safety and "being in a trailer" feel that I used to have from my old Leer topper. With the GFC, you are basically in a ground tent but up on top of your truck. No insulation, wind flapping, no noise control in/out, and the wedge design is kinda annoying. I'm no giant at 5'9", but my feet touching the roof line all the time. I also don't enjoy the fact that you need to remove the floor to get in/out. It's a bit cumbersome. I have a Propex heater in the truck as well, and in order to use it efficiently, I need to keep one of those 25x25 panels out of the floor. If I were to ever have someone else in the tent with me, the heater would basically be useless since the heat can't really pass through the floor.

These are all extremely nitpicky "issues" and wouldn't bother most, but when I'm paying all this money, compromise is not something I want included. The Hiatus solves all that.

When I get the camper, anyone that wants to come check it out, let me know.

· Premium Member
1,202 Posts
My main "issues" are all related to wanting that sense of safety and "being in a trailer" feel that I used to have from my old Leer topper. With the GFC, you are basically in a ground tent but up on top of your truck. No insulation, wind flapping, no noise control in/out, and the wedge design is kinda annoying. I'm no giant at 5'9", but my feet touching the roof line all the time. I also don't enjoy the fact that you need to remove the floor to get in/out. It's a bit cumbersome. I have a Propex heater in the truck as well, and in order to use it efficiently, I need to keep one of those 25x25 panels out of the floor. If I were to ever have someone else in the tent with me, the heater would basically be useless since the heat can't really pass through the floor.

These are all extremely nitpicky "issues" and wouldn't bother most, but when I'm paying all this money, compromise is not something I want included. The Hiatus solves all that.

When I get the camper, anyone that wants to come check it out, let me know.
As you know I've been really wanting a GFC, but I'm 6'2" so I really think I better check one out before committing.

25701 - 25720 of 25815 Posts