Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
25681 - 25700 of 25815 Posts

· Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
541 Posts
Reeeeeeaaaaaaaally hoping this is not another Saga. Dropped ole ZoeTheZR2 off an one of my least favorite places for a software update to hopefully fix the battery draw issues.

View attachment 437524
The shadows make it look like the ass is floating off the ground 😂

Reactions: hoooogan

· Registered
2022 Canyon Crew AT4
18 Posts
Just another tonneau cover picture..... Truxedo Truxport on our 2022. I know the tri-fold covers and the flush mount covers may look nicer but for my own reasons this one suited our needs the best. So far I am very happy with it, the installation is easy and I'm happy with the look of it. Just in time too because I put it on yesterday morning and we've had snow off and on ever since then.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,336 Posts
I drove it...

· Registered
530 Posts
Welp, first post in a long time. But life has been crazy since I bought a house and moved back up to northern CA. For the first time in 50k miles on the truck, I finally got to do some high speed off-roading with it instead of crawling and man I have been missing out. I ripped through some miles of dry river bed area in NorCal and had the time of my life and then did some shooting out there too with some buddies. I can't even believe how awesome the truck was out there. Sure, these zr2s are great on technical trails with the lockers and all, and Moab was a blast, but this thing blew my mind on the high speed hooning and it just soaked up every bump.

I was sideways with the ass out drifting around corners, hitting 75+ mph on the straightways, and just sending it hard across everything and it was honest to god more comfortable than some bay area freeway sections. I just fell in love with this truck all over again. Also found a nice little creek crossing and tested out the approach and departure angles smooshed the front skid into the gravel a bit on the way in but made it through just fine.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire

Product Sleeve Bag Denim T-shirt

Tire Plant community Vehicle Car Plant

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

· Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,733 Posts
Thinned out my gear a little, cleaned out the bags/boxes and reorganized. Yeeted the M18 chainsaw since I've only used it as a novelty item three times in the last 4+ years. Also ditched my large/heavy Magma stainless nesting 5 pot/pan set for two nesting pots and an 8" pan from Sea to Summit. Saved 12# on those alone. I have a 12" skillet as well. Soooo much room for activities.

Also started envisioning the summer build out for the new camper. Took some measurements and will begin drawing out some possible layouts.

Didn't start the electrical investigation yet. I figured with the long weekend coming up and being on-call during it, I'm not really going anywhere.

· Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
541 Posts
Reactions: gherbert

· Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
541 Posts
Thinned out my gear a little, cleaned out the bags/boxes and reorganized. Yeeted the M18 chainsaw since I've only used it as a novelty item three times in the last 4+ years. Also ditched my large/heavy Magma stainless nesting 5 pot/pan set for two nesting pots and an 8" pan from Sea to Summit. Saved 12# on those alone. I have a 12" skillet as well. Soooo much room for activities.

Also started envisioning the summer build out for the new camper. Took some measurements and will begin drawing out some possible layouts.

Didn't start the electrical investigation yet. I figured with the long weekend coming up and being on-call during it, I'm not really going anywhere.
A good compromise would be the new M18 8 " pruner, it's got a lot of power and might just be what you need. You would need a lot less room for it.

Reactions: hoooogan

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,322 Posts
Went to the Dealership for some service.
Since my Colorado has 98,471 miles on it figued was do for some key maintenace. Plus one fix:
The Fix:
Front Driver Side Axle Seal Leak
Maintenance:
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Brake Fluid Flush
Tranny Flush

Good News:
Brake Flush went well (Brakes fell much better now) (told need new rear pads and rotors/figure just rear pads since now have 56,919 miles on the pads)
Serpentine Belt Relacement went well
The Front Axle Seal-- Not leaking

Bad News:
The Front Axle Seal not leaking.... It is the Front Differential Seal
Transmission Flush they were out of the HP Fluid at the momemt

So will be back again this coming Monday

But I found the Full Size I would get if I went Full Sized: (Shocked it was only 61K)
View attachment 437506
Well Picked up my Colorado today from the Dealer.
The Front Differential Seal Replaced
Transmission Flushed
So the four (4) items it went in for last week are now done

· Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,733 Posts
A good compromise would be the new M18 8 " pruner, it's got a lot of power and might just be what you need. You would need a lot less room for it.
My issue is not space, its the fact that I have never "needed" a chainsaw, while carrying one for 4+ years. It's leaked more bar oil than it's actually consumed. I do have an 11" folding hand saw (that I also don't use) if I need to cut something.

· Premium Member
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,854 Posts
My issue is not space, its the fact that I have never "needed" a chainsaw, while carrying one for 4+ years. It's leaked more bar oil than it's actually consumed. I do have an 11" folding hand saw (that I also don't use) if I need to cut something.
I’ve discarded gear from my truck for the exact same reason.

I’ve always subscribed to the saying:

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

· Registered
75 Posts
Picked up some oil and vacuumed the inside of the truck because there was a ton of dust from my recent offroad excursion.

Side note:

I got myself a new job so I figure I'd treat myself. So I am trying to convince myself to buy the peak suspension coilovers w/600# springs (maybe stick with the 550# springs) with the add a leaf... the 20% off is making it even nicer. But I am very indecisive. I plan on getting a winch and bumper soon so I might just get the 600# version.

25681 - 25700 of 25815 Posts