Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
25301 - 25312 of 25312 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,878 Posts
Depends on how quickly it occurred. We as viewers ‘after the fact’ can’t assess the specifics of ‘in the moment’.
Last time I saw him was when he was still behind me before I went through the intersection.
I did not see him until basicly when he appeared on the Dash Cam.
Then Impact According to the Dash Cam is 1 Second Later.

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
Dude just could of hit the brakes and fell back in behind ya, looked like traffic was fairly thick that time of day anyway, how much farther ahead would he of been anyway?
Anyway, glad ya didn't get hurt, hope your truck gets done right!
It was 3:50 pm on Friday.
So, fairly busy due to everyone being done with the work week.

Reactions: Abe17ZR2

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
This is why I always try to be aware of my surroundings while driving. Gotta have awareness of 360° if you can so there can be reaction time to avoid such issues. Would anti collision systems work in this instance?
I agree with being aware of the surroundings...
From last I paid attention to him being behind me... to seeing him next to me was 16 seconds according to the video.
When I entered the intersection I did make sure nothing was coming from the left.
It was not a real long period of time of not knowing exactly where he was.
Then I saw him... And 1 second later was Impact according to the video

Anticollision would of alerted to something next to me... But, it might do that anyways due to the relatively small "median between both sides of traffic.
That I am not sure of

Reactions: Abe17ZR2

·
Registered
998 Posts
More like yesterday but, I drove over to Ft Myers and brought 6-5gallon gas cans 2 new generators a big a$$ chest of ice, TP, eggs, burgers,bread products,water... and so on to family members. Let me tell you this that place is destroyed. It's going to take years for them to rebuild. I'd attach some pics but there are enough floating around already.

Collie diesel with 36 gallon tank for the win! The closeset fuel stations that were open had hundreds of cars in line to get fuel. It was nice to just drive on by and not even think about needing to stop to get fuel.

·
Premium Member
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
1,132 Posts
Try all this on a motorcycle....it's only gotten worse over the past few years.
That's a big reason why I stopped riding a couple of years ago. Was having close calls almost daily, due to both people not paying attention (phones) and to increasing road rage.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's a big reason why I stopped riding a couple of years ago. Was having close calls almost daily, due to both people not paying attention (phones) and to increasing road rage.
Yup. it's insane. I'm glad I live where I do, I'm off the road a ways and in the country in less then 2 miles with very little traffic. All my road trips are backroads, the highway is a death ride, and one I will not take.

25301 - 25312 of 25312 Posts