Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
25201 - 25220 of 25262 Posts

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
Seems to be the trend lately so I jumped on board. I like the red lights. Love Diode Dynamics but couldn't justify the price for two bulbs just to make my map lights red so I bought a bunch of cheapies off amazon for half the price. Looks pretty good to me.
Link?
I had planned on stopping by Diode Dynamics tomorrow on the way home from fishing(it is only 3-4 miles from my house and I drive by it all the time) . It is a brand new building but really not very visable from the main street, Elm, though

• Haha
Reactions: mpack

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got my bed lighting done. I used a double row tailgate light bar for each side- this gives me the red (brake) and white (reverse) lights in one package. The toggles are back-lit red/white to match the light they power. The lights are zip tied to my bed rack lower angles so I don't have to worry about the double sided tape failing in the AZ heat. To keep it simple, they're powered through the bed light switch in the cab using the connection under the driver tail light. If I find I want them on their own hot power I can always change it later. The switches are mounted to an outdoor outlet cover so the foam gasket should keep water out. I'll probable take the bulbs out of the cab light- if I want to only see red I don't need them blinding me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
411 Posts
Have you had this done yet..? or doesn't it apply to diesel? I don't know.
Well it seems on the 6 speed as far as I have found on my research is that GM has two procedures. Software upgrade upto 2017 model year and a flush of the ATF fluid. Then if the problem persists you have to discuss your concern with the dealership for further diagnosis. Some had a TC replaced and some had the transmission replaced under warranty. I have a 2019. Software is upto date. I flushed it myself and replaced the filter. So far a noticeable improvement on the TC shudder but it is still there. Good thing is it's about half the time when I get up to 75 to 80 mph. I'll put more time and miles on it and see if it improves. GM claims that on the 8 speed flush to allow up to 200 miles before the problem goes away. I'll apply that same advice on my 6 speed flush. Time will tell.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Link?
I had planned on stopping by Diode Dynamics tomorrow on the way home from fishing(it is only 3-4 miles from my house and I drive by it all the time) . It is a brand new building but really not very visable from the main street, Elm, though
EverBright 20-Pack 194 Led Bulbs Red, 5050 5-SMD T10 194 168 W5W 2825 LED Bulb for Car Interior Lights Dome Map Trunk Light Dashboard Bulb License Plate Light Lamp DC 12V https://a.co/d/5cXMfwU

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 Summit White
99 Posts
How did you install? I could not get mine to stick
I used my heat gun and applied a little heat and then worked the edges in using a plastic trim tool.
I, too, used a heat gun to lightly heat the gold bowtie, wiped it with alcohol and rubbed the vinyl in very thoroughly. This is the one I bought:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Finished up the install of Gentex FDM with homelink. Fixes my blind spot issue from the bed rack storage. Quite liking the more modern look of a near frameless mirror.

Thanks @denalibq
Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Automotive side-view mirror Rear-view mirror Cameras & optics
Automotive mirror Mode of transport Vehicle Rear-view mirror Display device

Sent from my XQ-BC62 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you had this done yet..? or doesn't it apply to diesel? I don't know.
I have a 2016 and had them update the shift patterns according to this TSB and I love it. Some people don't like the new shift points after the update but in my experience you get way more response in the 20-45 mph range.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Oil change and tire rotation. While changing my oil, I saw something that looked a little odd by my front differential. I dropped my skid plates and found that my differential drain plug has backed out… The bottom of the diff was wet, so I dont know how much fluid I lost. But I definitely lost some. I’m taking it to the dealership on Monday…

Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,577 Posts
Oil change and tire rotation. While changing my oil, I saw something that looked a little odd by my front differential. I dropped my skid plates and found that my differential drain plug has backed out… The bottom of the diff was wet, so I dont know how much fluid I lost. But I definitely lost some. I’m taking it to the dealership on Monday…
Why not just top it off yourself? Fill until it starts overflowing. Then spray the diff down with degreaser or brake cleaner. An engine oil change is more involved.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Why not just top it off yourself? Fill until it starts overflowing. Then spray the diff down with degreaser or brake cleaner. An engine oil change is more involved.
I thought about it. But I was going to have the trans flushed anyways. Figured it wouldn’t hurt to go ahead and do both diffs at the same time. I know it’s not involved, but while it’s going in, they can do both.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Off Road 4x4 Duramax 2.8L
168 Posts
Will be installing Lasfit 7443-CK switchback turn signal bulbs tomorrow. The bulbs where just delivered today. But, I didn't realize I needed a plastic rivet removal tool to remove the plastic shield on the passenger side to get to the bulb socket. The tool should arrive tomorrow from Amazon.

·
Registered
2021 ZR2
76 Posts
Will be installing Lasfit 7443-CK switchback turn signal bulbs tomorrow. The bulbs where just delivered today. But, I didn't realize I needed a plastic rivet removal tool to remove the plastic shield on the passenger side to get to the bulb socket. The tool should arrive tomorrow from Amazon.
All you need is small screwdriver to pop up center of the fastener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25201 - 25220 of 25262 Posts