Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
25181 - 25200 of 25262 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Update on popnlock I did a few days ago! My tailgate just slams down now, halfway between fully dampened and not at all. Anyone else get this after installing popnlock?
No but I am betting it's a coincidence. Your spring dampener probably went bad. It's easy to change and is behind the passenger tail light. I just had to swap out mine.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Trying to find a ticking noisr on passenger side of motor that comes thru cab on passenger side as its not very loud at all just annoying when at light and no radio on or pulling in garage as i have jo clue if a new 2022 3.6 has noise like that with only 150 miles

·
Registered
Black crew cab
52 Posts
Still messing around with this. Done the lower front console wireless charger will be mounted under there somehow ive seen the videos but I'll do my own thing I think.
The switches will have a better glow once I fine tune the pmma lighting i have half ass mounted above them. Just seeing if I cared for it.
Second pic dome light off daytime
3rd dome/map lights on
4th night time, no red t10s used.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering wheel Vehicle door

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Grille

Atmosphere Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 ZR2 Dusk Edition
70 Posts
Reactions: 93Duc

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
Update on popnlock I did a few days ago! My tailgate just slams down now, halfway between fully dampened and not at all. Anyone else get this after installing popnlock?
Completely unrelated, unless you removed the tailgate to do the installation, which is unnecessary. Most likely your damper has gone bad and needs to be replaced. It happens. There's a thread somewhere here on replacing it.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
463 Posts
Completely unrelated, unless you removed the tailgate to do the installation, which is unnecessary. Most likely your damper has gone bad and needs to be replaced. It happens. There's a thread somewhere here on replacing it.
Found it! Thanks

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,764 Posts
I got most everything painted with a coat of Herculiner. It looks a lot better with paint. I like to joke that paint can cover a lot of sins. The shock towers will get painted after I get the top bolt sleeves welded at the proper spacing. I have to wait to get shocks before I can finish them.

I put the inner fender liners back in and I refilled the coolant. I also started the truck and burped the coolant system. The power steering pump didn’t make a sound and provided me with a good feel at the steering wheel.

Plumbing the air line for the locker was pretty easy since I have a short run. I was able to reuse the existing vent line which was a nice treat. A couple quarts of cheap 80w90 was thrown in the differential as well.

I have two H3 ABS sensors heading my way as well. Hopefully they plug and play but knowing my luck they will not.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Aircraft Aviation
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
241 Posts
@16WhiteColly & I worked on installing my new extended cab storage floor / area based off his original design to work with the seats in place (I still have young kids 11 & 9 that fit back there).

Love the new setup! Now I just need to get a few more dedicated truck tools so I can get organized.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Vehicle door
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Window
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle door
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,795 Posts
Finally got around to changing the Transfer Case Fluid at 96,167 miles:
Put in 2 quarts of:
Liquid Material property Gas Font Electric blue

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Also Changed the Oil & Filter and Topped off the Front Diff. Since the Driverside Axle Seal is leaking. (Still need to get that replaced)
And Yes, Tire Rotation still had t get done. Maybe tomorrow or next weekend. Just wanted to get Transfer Case and Front Diff done today.
It was 6,000 miles since my last Oil Change and at least this time Oil Filter only had slight Indent Curve to it:
Table Wood Flooring Font Floor

ByPass Valve is in Place:
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

But Last time was strange:
Wood Curtain Camera lens Hardwood Metal

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Finally got around to changing the Transfer Case Fluid at 96,167 miles:
Put in 2 quarts of:
View attachment 434695
View attachment 434696

Also Changed the Oil & Filter and Topped off the Front Diff. Since the Driverside Axle Seal is leaking. (Still need to get that replaced)
And Yes, Tire Rotation still had t get done. Maybe tomorrow or next weekend. Just wanted to get Transfer Case and Front Diff done today.
It was 6,000 miles since my last Oil Change and at least this time Oil Filter only had slight Indent Curve to it:
View attachment 434697

ByPass Valve is in Place:
View attachment 434698

But Last time was strange:
View attachment 434699
Is that the correct filter??? The one I us has metal mesh insert inside the filter and rubber grommets on either end
EDIT... oops sorry yours is 2017 nevermind!

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
Is that the correct filter??? The one I us has metal mesh insert inside the filter and rubber grommets on either end
It is the right Oil Filter .. Noticed it hapening around 90,000 miles. I have a new Bypass Valve on order. But still has not shipped. But this wasn't bad like the last time... That time it was shocking

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
That is a very fair question... I didn't know the difference the 2 motors had in oil filters until about a month ago

·
Registered
576 Posts
Seems to be the trend lately so I jumped on board. I like the red lights. Love Diode Dynamics but couldn't justify the price for two bulbs just to make my map lights red so I bought a bunch of cheapies off amazon for half the price. Looks pretty good to me.
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
25181 - 25200 of 25262 Posts