Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24961 - 24980 of 25312 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,772 Posts
I’ve been pretty busy with work and haven’t had a lot of time to spend tinkering with my truck.

I stepped away from it to spend more time with my daughter over the past week before school starts again.

I started rebuilding the axle components and have had a battle the entire time. Everything is welded together with corrosion so it’s a chore to get anything to budge. I’m no stranger to Kroil and a torch so it’s eventually going to yield to my wishes.

I just now pulled the diff cover and was struck with yet more disappointment. The ring gear and carrier is rusted pretty bad so everything I was hoping to use will need replaced. This axle was probably sitting in some field for a couple decades.

I’m farming out the differential setup job to a driveline company a few towns to the east. They’ve done work for me in the past and are very conscientious/meticulous.

I’m hoping to save the spindles but they look pitted to me. I know the races sure look bad.

On Monday I’m hoping to mail out the hubs to ThorParts to have the tone ring machined. I’m kinda excited about their rotor/brake design and think it will be a good upgrade if it works.

Anyway, here are a couple pics.
Gas Auto part Plumbing fitting Pipe Metal

Automotive tire Wood Grey Synthetic rubber Material property

·
Registered
'16 Colorado WT
61 Posts
Changed up the color scheme of my OEM wheels. It’s amazing what you can do with some plast-dip and vinyl.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,878 Posts
Reactions: caniac27

·
Registered
128 Posts
Swapped out the 265/70-16 spare with an OEM wheel with 255/75-17 tire. Fit it in the same spot no problem.

Original spare and 3 other OEM z71 wheels for sale in the marketplace if interested.

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
'16 Colorado WT
61 Posts
Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Well I had an sudden unfortunate release from my form of work the other day.. i wasnt fired, buutt yeah let go woo. got a new job lined up with another dealership so im not screwed got to take my box home untill i can take it to my new shop. i forgot to take a pic of the box when i loaded it up but i had to tow it home with a rented uhaul trailer. so im glad i had my truck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 3.6 Edelbrock SC
218 Posts
Installed the larger Soler 84mm throttle body today. The Edelbrock supercharger intake tube is too small to connect to the larger throttle body so I'm either going to have to cut the end off where it narrows or get creative and come up with something else. Maybe create my own intake tube.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Installed the larger Soler 84mm throttle body today. The Edelbrock supercharger intake tube is too small to connect to the larger throttle body so I'm either going to have to cut the end off where it narrows or get creative and come up with something else. Maybe create my own intake tube.

very cool, got the a different version (72mm-76mm) on my truck. one thing you probably should do is get the truck to relearn or reset ecu for the throttle body... it will drive fine, but it may be less gain without doing so.. i dont know if there is a procedure without an advanced scan tool like a mid-to-high grade snapon one or a factory scan tool though

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
very cool, got the a different version (72mm-76mm) on my truck. one thing you probably should do is get the truck to relearn or reset ecu for the throttle body... it will drive fine, but it may be less gain without doing so.. i dont know if there is a procedure without an advanced scan tool like a mid-to-high grade snapon one or a factory scan tool though
TB relearn is start/idle 1 min/shut off 1 min/start and idle 1 min/shut off. It takes a series of drive cycles for it to complete the relearn. Noticeable difference in drivability after about 200 miles .

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Darn!!! Diesel only - no gas option. . .
Diesel and longbed, you're SOL on both counts. :LOL:

That said, the PN for the tanks on gas and diesel are the same, so some enterprising CCLB gas truck guys could try it out. Probably be a weird hole around a non-existent diesel fuel filter pair, but maybe that's where the evap canister lives.

24961 - 24980 of 25312 Posts