Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24941 - 24960 of 24973 Posts

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Ordered the GM Bed Light Kit.

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Three wing knobs, try Ace Hardware or Rockler Woodworking. If you have a Woodcraft store, they may have them.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
738 Posts
Three wing knobs, try Ace Hardware or Rockler Woodworking. If you have a Woodcraft store, they may have them.
Sadly 1/2-13 isn't a normal size for those. McMaster Carr has one I think but the mobile lookup kinda sucks and I haven't hit the laptop yet to continue the search. Plus I'm an avid builder of random crap so I'll use these ones I have for some project for sure anyway. Amazon just had the fastest shipping and price at $2/knob. And the flexibility to either do a through hole nut or a bolt of whatever length. Once I'm back from Chicago, and visiting the guys at Tackform, I will continue that search. But thank you for the references on those places. Fyi I also checked locally at Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply Company, and Fastenal. Fastenal had a stainless product at way outrageous pricing and you had to buy pack qty. I didn't need to spend over $100 for one knob 😂

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
You will never see them at Lowes, HD, etc. That is usually best found in the Woodworking stores. My Do It Best hardware store has everything, cost more, but when I really need something odd, I go there, 1/2 mile away. HD and Lowes are 5 miles away and never have what I need.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Did an oil change this morning. At 70 years old, I really do not enjoy that job anymore.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Did an oil change this morning. At 70 years old, I really do not enjoy that job anymore.
It doesn't get better at 73!

Hardest part is getting back up from the ground.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lets see. This week, I've added rain guards, removed the rear seat, added running boards, removed the antenna, and added a couple of tie downs to the bed. Next up, install the seat covers. I'm going to put my S10's bed may in the back until my Line-X appointment at the end of the month. Hoping to make a dump run with it this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,271 Posts
It doesn't get better at 73!

Hardest part is getting back up from the ground.
I hear you I just did my last one two I turned 85 last week.
Well that is lots of encouragement for this 50 year old.

Must say the wheels are tires always seem so heay now when they get rotated..

The joys of the ageing process.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your going to want that mat even after Line-X. I have the factory spray inbedliner and it is SLICK. I used my GM points to buy a Bedrug mat for mine.
If it’s slick they changed the formula since I had my 09 Sierra done when new. That one was grippy as hell. Half the time I regretted having it because it made loading stuff harder.

Today’s truck related activity was adding tie down cleats to the bed. Three retractable ones on each size.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,483 Posts
Almost done with the water tank. Motivation has been a little low. It hasn't been hot, but it's so humid (for Vegas). Just need the back plate, then build a front mount with it in the truck. Almost out of argon, so this will be cutting it close.

Don't judge the welds. I hate inside corners with a passion. Need a better TIG for Aluminum.

Bumper Wood Rectangle Asphalt Gas

Food Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,064 Posts
I painted the trailer hitch if that counts. And dropped the Ford off at the dealer with it.

Windshield got a massive crack the night we took delivery and they finally got one in. (Had 30 miles on it?). The service writer said didn't say the glass on the new trucks is particularly soft and has some issues... allegedly. Based on the fact the finger prints on it scratched it I may believe him.

Then towed the boat to the marina. Still impresses me how well these trucks tow. Switch to tow haul, quarter throttle and let the ecm runit out to 4k on the shift. They're great. Once the Ford goes past 1k you're "allowed" to tow so I'll see how much better it is if at all.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
It's in and no leaks! Holds 14gal comfortably. Can almost squeeze 15gal if it's at the right angle, but that's not needed. Still need to sort out the front mount and may need to trim or bend that bottom lip outward. It's just barely resting on the carpet. You can see the front is just slightly higher compared to the fridge. IDK why I didn't just cut it off. Oh well, we are here now. It's workable as is. Did a temp connection to the pump, so it's fully operational now. Was running the last weld bead on fumes (tank gauge was reading zero, but regulator still held pressure), so I'm not modifying anything until I get more argon next week.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
2004 Colorado Ext Cab Z71 2021 Canyon AT4
402 Posts

Pardon my folks, they were just enjoying the shade.. took the family to the beach this past week and broke out my 270 batwing canopy.

I have a crap ton of updating to do on my build thread, but the canopy did well, especially in the crazy wind we had.

·
Registered
2004 Colorado Ext Cab Z71 2021 Canyon AT4
402 Posts
It's in and no leaks! Holds 14gal comfortably. Can almost squeeze 15gal if it's at the right angle, but that's not needed. Still need to sort out the front mount and may need to trim or bend that bottom lip outward. It's just barely resting on the carpet. You can see the front is just slightly higher compared to the fridge. IDK why I didn't just cut it off. Oh well, we are here now. It's workable as is. Did a temp connection to the pump, so it's fully operational now. Was running the last weld bead on fumes (tank gauge was reading zero, but regulator still held pressure), so I'm not modifying anything until I get more argon next week.

View attachment 432312
View attachment 432313
What are you using for air/water pressure?

I’ve got the 8 gal WaterPort and I’m champing at the bit to get some sort of compressor on it after just one week/trip of usage. My short term fix was to buy one of those handheld air compressors off Amazon (which worked great, for what it is), but it just takes a long time to build pressure if the tanks not completely full up

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
What are you using for air/water pressure?

I’ve got the 8 gal WaterPort and I’m champing at the bit to get some sort of compressor on it after just one week/trip of usage. My short term fix was to buy one of those handheld air compressors off Amazon (which worked great, for what it is), but it just takes a long time to build pressure if the tanks not completely full up
Having a pressurized tank inside the cab is not an option. Even a modest 40psi over a tank this size can be dangerous. I'm using a FloJet 12v water pump. Self primes, auto shutoff so much less 12v amperage draw, instant pressure, and less complicated than the air route. Flows ~3gal/min which is plenty.

Ideally, you'd want constant pressure for the waterport, so wiring/plumping the compressor full time would be the ticket. Just use a pressure switch to auto maintain the pressure.

24941 - 24960 of 24973 Posts